I'm horribly confused.....

#1moonlithunterPosted 4/4/2013 5:07:20 PM
Why has this game gotten so much hate?

I recently got it because I loved pretty much every RE game I played, except the rail shooters and that genre of game isn't my cup of tea. Enjoyed 0-5 and LOVED three of those titles.

I just completed Leon's campaign and will be jumping into Chris's when I get back from a trip in a few days.

I have to say.... I'm glad my fan fueled curiosity finally prevailed and I got this game. It seems awesome so far and completely undeserving of the bad rap its received.
---
Basking in the red afterglow....
#2MysticVolcanoPosted 4/4/2013 5:14:53 PM(edited)
This subject has been done to death..but it's simple.

Some people like it, some people don't.

Most of the "old school" fans didn't like it because it was simply to hard for them and they were used to tank controls and simplistic gameplay. however most don't even play it for more then 10 minutes. and then go off judging it.

it has flaws, some rather annoying ones at that, but no where near bad enough to deserve the laughable low scores they were giving it. it simply is an updated game that some people can't or won't accept.

thankfully the "haters" of this game are the minority and more liked it then hated it, they just can't accept that people do like it and refuse to accept change in games.
#3GiveMeSomeVodkaPosted 4/4/2013 5:14:12 PM
inb4 wait 'til you play chris's campaign so the hate can settle in.

they're all great campaigns imo.
#4scorpion41Posted 4/4/2013 5:46:21 PM
MysticVolcano posted...

Most of the "old school" fans didn't like it because it was simply to hard for them and they were used to tank controls and simplistic gameplay. however most don't even play it for more then 10 minutes. and then go off judging it.

It wasn't too hard...if anything RE6 was too linear and simplistic, and became quite boring after ten minutes of playing. The hate stems from the fact that the series evolved into just another soulless shooter designed to target the CoD crowd.
---
PSN: scorpion_4160/ME3: Destroyer
Ace Combat:AH call sign: Wildcat/ plane: F-14D Super Tomcat
#5MjollnirsWayPosted 4/4/2013 6:15:21 PM
"
Most of the "old school" fans didn't like it because it was simply to hard for them and they were used to tank controls and simplistic gameplay
"

The level of stupid arrogance is strong here.

I'm an "old school" fan, and I didn't have issues with difficulty unless weird qte times, running scenes where you can't see where you're running, and a very stupid AI partner counts( and they don't). That's not difficult as in challenging like the first 15 minutes of RE4. That's difficult as in stupid.

"oopppsss you couldn't see where you were running, ran into a wall, oppss you died have to start over running again." That's not challenging that's mentally handi-capped.

I liked this game and other than the above mentioned tings, and not being able to use whatever weapon I wanted on whatever character I wanted this game was good.

Oppossed to the quoted view there's this view.

This game is overly loved by newbies because it caters to ADD infected children who's sole lot in their gaming lives is to run n shoot every 5 seconds. Who can't handle exploring or increasing in game knowledge by actually reading files found, because OOPPSSS no bangs and booms in the past 5 minutes.

^ Not a very fair opinion is it? Now you see what your post looked like.
---
"Threaten us not Villain! Thor hath brought giants, larger than Galactus, to their knees!"
#6MysticVolcanoPosted 4/4/2013 7:08:35 PM
MjollnirsWay posted...
"
Most of the "old school" fans didn't like it because it was simply to hard for them and they were used to tank controls and simplistic gameplay
"

I'm an "old school" fan, and I didn't have issues with difficulty unless weird qte times, running scenes where you can't see where you're running, and a very stupid AI partner counts( and they don't). That's not difficult as in challenging like the first 15 minutes of RE4. That's difficult as in stupid.

Whitin you? i agree. or did you not see the word "most" you do understand what that word implies, right? get off your damn high horse. because, yes the braindead simplsitic tank controls and point, shoot gameplay the old games had was certainly much more "challenging" None of the REs are hard in a sense, but compared to the old games, this one required alot more thinking then they did.

"oopppsss you couldn't see where you were running, ran into a wall, oppss you died have to start over running again." That's not challenging that's mentally handi-capped.>

ah, love it when you kids eat your own words. that was a dumb example of your flawed opinion of the game, i'm sorry the game is to difficult to understand, but i can't help you with that.

Oppossed to the quoted view there's this view.

This game is overly loved by newbies because it caters to ADD infected children who's sole lot in their gaming lives is to run n shoot every 5 seconds. Who can't handle exploring or increasing in game knowledge by actually reading files found, because OOPPSSS no bangs and booms in the past 5 minutes.

^ Not a very fair opinion is it? Now you see what your post looked like.

No, my post wasn't filled with arrogant mess that i just threw on a wall and called a post, like this peice of **** is here. i think you simply got confused. i could go on about this mess here and tear it up, but what's the point? you have your opinion and i simply stated what i observed to happen with the way this game has been treated, and based on your moronic post it further proves my point. you people only see what you want to see. much like the rest of the people that just post to watch them selves post.
#7ManuMIASPosted 4/4/2013 7:27:59 PM(edited)
MysticVolcano posted...

it has flaws, some rather annoying ones at that, but no where near bad enough to deserve the laughable low scores they were giving it. it simply is an updated game that some people can't or won't accept.

thankfully the "haters" of this game are the minority and more liked it then hated it, they just can't accept that people do like it and refuse to accept change in games.

THIS! 100% agree
#8shagohad3Posted 4/4/2013 7:29:59 PM
Because RE6 isn't a Resident Evil game, it's a Die Hard movie in disguise, which while fun to an extent, is not want I wanted in a Resident Evil game.
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#9siberian142Posted 4/4/2013 7:54:59 PM
RE6 is hard? The only hard thing I recall about my last play through was that boss fights went on for far too long because the objective was not clearly explained, some enemies or QTEs were cheap, and that the controls and camera occasionally got in the way. Other than that, it didn't seem particularly difficult with manual melees, counters, coup de graces, abundant ammo, skills and auto health refill after death.

I am sure anyone who has completed the earlier games could easily beat this one, saying that they didn't like it because they weren't any good at it isn't a very good argument, especially when the game has quite a few legitimate faults.
#10dragon7x2kPosted 4/4/2013 8:11:50 PM
The core mechanics are good but the game loves to take them away from you outside of the extra modes.

The game is also very bad at explaining all the useful moves you have for your character and, while I know that leaving the player to experiment with the controller is not necessarily bad, this game defaults Leon campaign as the first one so most people probably choose it as their first, and is exactly that one were you start with most moves locked and trying every button won't do any action. I won't blame people for not knowing a lot of useful mechanics and moves because of that fault of the game.

Vehicle sections don't give you feedback of what are you doing wrong or right and you can find yourself dying repeatedly for doing something wrong that isn't obvious at all.

Like I said, the core is great when you know more or less what you are doing (mercenaries being the prime example) but the game is full of terrible mistakes that are legitimately fault of the developers and not the player.
---
http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae100/dragonqki7/Forums/Bayonettasig.png