So why is Survivors the most popular of the 4.....

#11Orochi_LedePosted 4/11/2013 1:43:34 PM
It's been said but it's because it's PVP, regardless if it's balanced or not, PVP will be popular in any game that actually allows it, and it usually gets the most attention, tho this game has a horribly unbalanced PVP that doesn't stop people from flooding it, it may actually be that very reason of it being easy to win is why it's so popular aside the other things that i mentioned,

even RE5 despite it being old is still to this day played by people for vs mode. but it isn't near as terrible as RE6 survivor. (that doesn't make it any better, just lesser of the two evils)
---
"I'm sorry squeeky, it's just a game, you got to get before you get got"
#12SolidStryderPosted 4/11/2013 8:40:46 PM
ManuMIAS posted...
Xean_Liteheart posted...
Extra modes? I mean, if you wanted to play FPSes then you'd go for COD or Battlefield or something....the "first hit wins" that is Survivors just kinda sucks when it's laggy and stuff.

Imo the other 3 modes are just better suited for the game.

Why would you compare this to COD? its nonsense, I don't remember melee combat in FPS, anyway RE Survivors can be compared more to Uncharted, RE:ORC, Inversion, Binary Domain, Socom or RE5.

Because COD is a popular competitive game he's also terrible at. Personally, I have no interest in survivors, I don't see why anyone would have to justify their preference in game modes though. They find it fun, more power to them. I can't stand Survivors or Onslaught.
#13Xean_Liteheart(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 8:45:02 PM
SolidStryder posted...
ManuMIAS posted...
Xean_Liteheart posted...
Extra modes? I mean, if you wanted to play FPSes then you'd go for COD or Battlefield or something....the "first hit wins" that is Survivors just kinda sucks when it's laggy and stuff.

Imo the other 3 modes are just better suited for the game.

Why would you compare this to COD? its nonsense, I don't remember melee combat in FPS, anyway RE Survivors can be compared more to Uncharted, RE:ORC, Inversion, Binary Domain, Socom or RE5.

Because COD is a popular competitive game he's also terrible at. Personally, I have no interest in survivors, I don't see why anyone would have to justify their preference in game modes though. They find it fun, more power to them. I can't stand Survivors or Onslaught.

I'm not exactly terrible at COD, because I've never touched it (although all my friends did). I just don't understand why the devs made it so that you don't revive after death---at least that's what I liked about 5's Versus.

All I see in one round of Survivors are Quick Shots, sliding into dying people (which is actually kinda funny to watch), and sniping.
#14PyroSparkPosted 4/11/2013 9:04:54 PM
Cartwheel_Kick posted...
Because when you play with your friends and you know where the magnum is you win easily

This. Playing with friends is extremely fun.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#15GiveMeSomeVodkaPosted 4/11/2013 9:21:30 PM
you don't always not respawn (what?) when you die. you still have the chance at coming back into the game. one hit knocks out 2 bars of an agent's health as a zombie. you can throw a weapon at a player then immediately jump-grab them and boom: you knocked down 4 blocks of health. even if you don't kill them, your teammates will appreciate it. and as a javo it's pretty easy to kill an agent if you have 'em cornered, caught them alone, or double team them with another javo player.

during death matches, try to steal a kill (that is, when another player puts someone into dying, run up to the player and kill them to respawn). cheap? maybe. but so what? who plays survivors expecting an all-fair match?

during team matches, unless your partner is an idiot, they'll usually put an opposing player into dying and allow you to kill them so that you'll respawn.

the only thing is if your team is killed, the match ends, which ruins the game. matches can end in about a minute most times, which is lame.

there should have been a points/ kill system like in COD, where if you can't get that many points/ kills before the timer runs out, whoever is closer to the objective wins.
#16ManuMIASPosted 4/11/2013 10:01:53 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#17Cartwheel_KickPosted 4/12/2013 8:11:15 AM
PyroSpark posted...
Cartwheel_Kick posted...
Because when you play with your friends and you know where the magnum is you win easily

This. Playing with friends is extremely fun.

Hah.
---
You're going to die one day. You'll disappear completely, forever.
#18AdaSandwichPosted 4/12/2013 5:14:21 PM
I'm on the same boat as TC. While I agree that it's fun with friends, this mode is honestly one of the most worst game types ever IMO.

Terribly unbalanced and has the same problems that ORC had with melee stun locks, if not worse because of quick shot stun locks. Fallback animations are still vulnerable to more... fall back animation. General spawning and power weapon spawns tend to fall in favor of whoever is closest to it at the start. As a result, games are too short and you spend more than half the time waiting in the lobby than actually playing. I actually believe that RE5 Survivors format was leagues better than this, however, overall game mechanics are slightly better in 6.

And don't get me started about respawning as a creature. That's what Agent Hunt is for.
IMO they should have left out creature respawning altogether and encouraged creature gameplay in AH more.

I could go on about the issues with this mode, but it's pointless as it's been addressed in the past.

I'm a fairly competent player, but I just can't get into it anymore.
#19ManuMIASPosted 4/12/2013 7:08:43 PM(edited)
AdaSandwich posted...
worse because of quick shot stun locks.

_______
#20Cartwheel_KickPosted 4/12/2013 7:26:32 PM
AdaSandwich posted...
I actually believe that RE5 Survivors format was leagues better than this, however, overall game mechanics are slightly better in 6.

I would have liked so badly to have RE5 style matches with RE6 controls. It would have been amazing. CAPCOM failed yet again on a DLC, and even more on post-release support.
---
You're going to die one day. You'll disappear completely, forever.