So after hearing a lot of negativity about this game

#21GiveMeSomeVodkaPosted 4/17/2013 11:35:39 AM
Jonathan_F_G posted...
GiveMeSomeVodka posted...
tevin1569 posted...
I bought this game at 60$ and didn't feel ripped off at all. This game packs a lot of content and isn't a bad game at all.

yesssss this. i've spent $65 on the game (sales tax), maybe $7 or $9 on dlc maps and $13 on dlc versus modes.

i don't feel ripped off at all. not like i do with tomb raider.

i played re6 everyday since release up until mid december. took about a month break. went back into the game early february. haven't stopped playing it since, especially since i've found my first group of xbox live friends and we play together almost everyday.

tomb raider, while a great game with a few annoying flaws, was played in three days (would have finished it in one sitting but it became boring sometimes).
i didn't like the multiplayer at all. so now it's just sitting there inside the gamestop bag it came in, along with the receipt. i was going to return it, but they offered me $30 in store credit. i'm better off selling it online or to a friend. point is: i got more enjoyment out of re6 than tomb raider, and re6 had worse reviews than tomb raider.

Nnnaaaaaaaaaaa.... I call BS.

The Tomb Raider reboot is actually coherent. I have the game but I didn't play it yet.

RE6 on the otherhand is in fact one of the most incoherent VG sequels in the last 5 years.

I am one of the first fans of the RE series. But I could never see myself choosing RE6 over Tomb Raider (2013) as far as high quality video gaming is concerned.

yeah, tomb raider was really great! for three days..

great game-play, stunning visuals, wonderful effects, etc. etc. a high quality game.. for three days...
#22DestinyKnotPosted 4/17/2013 11:41:00 AM
..exactly, Resident Evil 6 may be a far from perfect game, but one thing it does offer plenty of is replay value, which may be its redeeming quality overall. I can see why many people still are addicted to this game, it has something for everybody.
#23ZeratulthekingPosted 4/17/2013 12:30:25 PM
DestinyKnot posted...
..exactly, Resident Evil 6 may be a far from perfect game, but one thing it does offer plenty of is replay value, which may be its redeeming quality overall. I can see why many people still are addicted to this game, it has something for everybody.

So you've played through the campaign multiple times on every scenario, without stabbing your eyes out?

I applaud your effort at seeing something where it doesn't exist.

Infinite weapons playthrough doesn't really count as a playthrough as you aren't replaying the game you are walking through w/ cheats on to use the stronger weapons you wouldn't be able to use at stage 1 since there are no ammo drops for them. Which every other RE that had multiple weapons you could use your end game weapons on the 2nd round and be fine.
#24DestinyKnotPosted 4/17/2013 12:56:21 PM
..no, but I play Mercenaries for hours at a time, that is where the replay value from this game comes in for me at least. =|
#25Ryan-06Posted 4/17/2013 1:23:09 PM
Its worth the $20 definitely, tc.

Me, I got it at launch. Today, I regret blowing $60 on it. Haven't played it at all since I beat all on Professional. Moved back to other games like Skyrim.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
tinyurl.com/bm97ztn, http://i.minus.com/ipHqzgSb9E2MY.gif
#26Jonathan_F_GPosted 4/17/2013 1:35:42 PM
@GiveMeSomeVodka

For 3 days? Well that's your fault for bum rushing through the game as fast as possible.

There's no doubt that there are other things to do in TR (2013) other than clearing the main story.
---
".... For I AM "the Dragon", Dracul! I AM "the Prince of Darkness"! THAT!... Is MY vengeance!" - Gabriel Belmont/Dracul
#27GiveMeSomeVodkaPosted 4/17/2013 2:29:46 PM
Jonathan_F_G posted...
@GiveMeSomeVodka

For 3 days? Well that's your fault for bum rushing through the game as fast as possible.

There's no doubt that there are other things to do in TR (2013) other than clearing the main story.

well that's the thing! i didn't /bum rush/ through it. my first play through i completed it at 100% (perfectionist, all sidequests completed kind of player). and even then i would take breaks and play something else because i'd get so bored of the sidequests and exploring areas for hidden treasures/ relics/ mini-missions. i even had to back track a few times when i realized i had more stuff to do and a few things i missed.

it took me a really long time to do them all, the explosive mines and eggs being the most difficult (HUGE AREAS), but then that's it... well after beating it i didn't replay it since i did everything already, so idk if there are more things to do or whatever. the ending and final boss didn't help me want to replay it either. and it's not even that hard to do everything. it just takes time, patience and keen eyes. there are also a lot of hours in three days, you know.

you can't compare me to another player who doesn't have time to play as much as i do, and since i have a lot of free time, it doesn't change the fact i've played re6 way more than tomb raider. if that makes sense.

meaning it'll maybe take someone else a week or two to beat tomb raider fully because they do not have enough time to play, but if their interests are like mine, they'll /still overall/ play re6 much more than tomb raider. get it? makes sense? no?

and you should play tomb raider since you say you have it but haven't played it yet. maybe you'll be able to see what i mean if you tried it for yourself? it's a great game, and you'll like it as i did, but re6 is just more fun and more enjoyable in my opinion.
#28MallyPureSmoothPosted 4/17/2013 4:00:24 PM
It's worth the $20, but that's all. Unless minigames can hold your attention, you'll shelve it after completing the main campaigns.
---
Born Jan. 6, '94 at 3:47 pm
Gaming since Jan. 6, '94 at 3:48 pm
#29Jonathan_F_GPosted 4/17/2013 9:16:24 PM
GiveMeSomeVodka posted...
Jonathan_F_G posted...
@GiveMeSomeVodka

well that's the thing! i didn't /bum rush/ through it. my first play through i completed it at 100% (perfectionist, all sidequests completed kind of player). and even then i would take breaks and play something else because i'd get so bored of the sidequests and exploring areas for hidden treasures/ relics/ mini-missions. i even had to back track a few times when i realized i had more stuff to do and a few things i missed.

it took me a really long time to do them all, the explosive mines and eggs being the most difficult (HUGE AREAS), but then that's it... well after beating it i didn't replay it since i did everything already, so idk if there are more things to do or whatever. the ending and final boss didn't help me want to replay it either. and it's not even that hard to do everything. it just takes time, patience and keen eyes. there are also a lot of hours in three days, you know.

you can't compare me to another player who doesn't have time to play as much as i do, and since i have a lot of free time, it doesn't change the fact i've played re6 way more than tomb raider. if that makes sense.

meaning it'll maybe take someone else a week or two to beat tomb raider fully because they do not have enough time to play, but if their interests are like mine, they'll /still overall/ play re6 much more than tomb raider. get it? makes sense? no?

and you should play tomb raider since you say you have it but haven't played it yet. maybe you'll be able to see what i mean if you tried it for yourself? it's a great game, and you'll like it as i did, but re6 is just more fun and more enjoyable in my opinion.

Ooooo nice reply. I'm a perfectionist/completionist too.

Yeah I definitely will. But I gotta plat Medal of Honor Frontline before I play Tomb Raider. It's such an easy game to plat.
---
".... For I AM "the Dragon", Dracul! I AM "the Prince of Darkness"! THAT!... Is MY vengeance!" - Gabriel Belmont/Dracul
#30Jonathan_F_GPosted 4/17/2013 9:23:36 PM
@GiveMeSomeVodka

Don't mind my intensity. I'm just really disappointed in RE6 as a RE game:

RE6 is to the Resident Evil game series as to what Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III is to the TMNT live action movie trilogy.
---