So after hearing a lot of negativity about this game

#41GiveMeSomeVodkaPosted 4/18/2013 4:39:26 PM
Jonathan_F_G posted...
@Syn_Vengeance

@GiveMeSomeVodka

Idk guys.... The new TR looks amazing overall.

Like a RE1 > RE6 scenario, I'd take a high quality experience over a high quantity replay medium any day.

i see! but then, my question would be, would a high quality gaming experience be more /worth it/ than a game you can enjoy playing a lot, no matter how you play it?

like, sure, high quality is great, and i like that you appreciate that aspect in video gaming (i do too, but i'm more about how much fun i have), but what happens when you can no longer play the game because you're bored of it or there's nothing else to do, you know?

you will have to ask yourself, "was it /worth/ it?" so, would you rather play a high quality game for a week or a fun game for half a year? (a person would eventually get bored of playing any game at some point, but obviously some games will bore the player faster than another game would.)

at $65, tomb raider was definitely not worth it (it being the money spent) imo no matter how pretty, aesthetically smooth and well done it was.. but the $80+ i spent on resident evil 6 (launch price and dlc) is something i won't regret because i enjoy the game each time i play.

as an interesting side note, i've read a lot about tomb raider being a rental more than a purchase. and i agree, so imo, buying it wasn't really worth it.

another note: this isn't to bash or criticize tomb raider, but to make an example of getting your money's worth between a claimed high quality and praised game like tomb raider vs an average and not very praised game like re6.

i guess it just goes down to what the player prefers then (fun quality vs fun quantity).
#42Jonathan_F_GPosted 4/18/2013 5:42:22 PM(edited)
@GiveMeSomeVodka

But that's why there are other games and IPs.

Resident Evil isn't the only game and/or IP.

There's so much to choose from, that it wouldn't even matter if that one experience is short lived. There are just some things you don't deny. I would never choose RE6 over RE1, JUST because there is so much less to do in RE1.
---
".... For I AM "the Dragon", Dracul! I AM "the Prince of Darkness"! THAT!... Is MY vengeance!" - Gabriel Belmont/Dracul
#43GiveMeSomeVodkaPosted 4/18/2013 5:55:06 PM
Jonathan_F_G posted...
@GiveMeSomeVodka

But that's why there are other games and IPs.

Resident Evil isn't the only game and/or IP.

There's so much to choose from, that it wouldn't even matter if that one experience is short lived. There are just some things you don't deny. I would never choose RE6 over RE1, JUST because there is so much less to do in RE1.

and if you could only choose one game for certain periods of time? for example, say tomb raider came out the same day as re6. if i could only choose one knowing what i know about both games now, i'd choose re6 because it'll last me longer and therefore be more worth while than tomb raider.

i mean, other games do both well (quality and quantity) such as fallout, skyrim and gta4.
i'm just saying re6 is well worth the money since you get more for your buck than you would with tomb raider or, using your example, re1.
#44Jonathan_F_GPosted 4/18/2013 8:48:14 PM(edited)
^Quality goes a long way. Besides I don't need to be with the same game, weeks at a time to feel I am getting my $60+ worth.

I would choose TR (2013) over RE6 because I would know that the new TR has gotten and will continue to get TLC with the advent of possible sequels in the future. With RE6, I forget what franchise it's supposed to represent. Let alone the fact that it's plot is so incredibly distant from the plot of it's predecessors. Hell, it even feels distant from RE5. I mean, there's something ill-fully wrong with that.

I have a hard time appreciating a particular piece (Movie, video game, etc.) if there's an element of incoherency found in that piece. Take the live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie trilogy from the 1990's if you will:

The first film? Literally perfect for what it was.

The second film? Had its problems but otherwise acceptable.

The third film? Complete incoherent garbage in the name of TMNT. Such garbage that I tell myself that it is non-canon.

Anyway, I respect your opinions and views on gaming. It makes for an interesting conversation.
---
".... For I AM "the Dragon", Dracul! I AM "the Prince of Darkness"! THAT!... Is MY vengeance!" - Gabriel Belmont/Dracul
#45GiveMeSomeVodkaPosted 4/19/2013 2:48:43 AM
Jonathan_F_G posted...
^Quality goes a long way. Besides I don't need to be with the same game, weeks at a time to feel I am getting my $60+ worth.

I would choose TR (2013) over RE6 because I would know that the new TR has gotten and will continue to get TLC with the advent of possible sequels in the future. With RE6, I forget what franchise it's supposed to represent. Let alone the fact that it's plot is so incredibly distant from the plot of it's predecessors. Hell, it even feels distant from RE5. I mean, there's something ill-fully wrong with that.

I have a hard time appreciating a particular piece (Movie, video game, etc.) if there's an element of incoherency found in that piece. Take the live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie trilogy from the 1990's if you will:

The first film? Literally perfect for what it was.

The second film? Had its problems but otherwise acceptable.

The third film? Complete incoherent garbage in the name of TMNT. Such garbage that I tell myself that it is non-canon.

Anyway, I respect your opinions and views on gaming. It makes for an interesting conversation.

i see what you mean! i guess deciding whether something is "worth it" depends on what the person appreciates more, quality or quantity, where someone as yourself prefers quality while i prefer quantity.

i didn't mean to try and counter everything you said! i think it's a great argument on both ends too. much appreciated!
#46ZeratulthekingPosted 4/19/2013 6:00:19 AM
tevin1569 posted...
Zeratultheking posted...
DestinyKnot posted...
..exactly, Resident Evil 6 may be a far from perfect game, but one thing it does offer plenty of is replay value, which may be its redeeming quality overall. I can see why many people still are addicted to this game, it has something for everybody.

So you've played through the campaign multiple times on every scenario, without stabbing your eyes out?

I applaud your effort at seeing something where it doesn't exist.

Infinite weapons playthrough doesn't really count as a playthrough as you aren't replaying the game you are walking through w/ cheats on to use the stronger weapons you wouldn't be able to use at stage 1 since there are no ammo drops for them. Which every other RE that had multiple weapons you could use your end game weapons on the 2nd round and be fine.

I played every campaign so much and still have fun...well except for Leons...but you know whatever. And no, it's still a playthrough... anyway, I have a ton of fun with Jake, Chris, and Ada's campaigns..plus all the dlc content, I'm addicted.

Yeah its really not as you are turning on a cheat to try and play the game. How is that a legit playthrough if you are cheating through the whole thing. To give an example the playthrough I did using the bonus weapons of RE4 I don't count as it was infinite ammo and fully auto 10 dmg per shot killing anything in seconds. It was like walking around with god mode on.

Maybe I'm old school but it takes away from the gameplay of the game and its not really going through the game at that point. Not to say I never do it, I just never consider it a true playthrough since you just ignore ammo at that point and only pick up the non-infinite ammo items
#47Jonathan_F_GPosted 4/21/2013 9:16:11 AM
@GiveMeSomeVodka

I hadn't perceived that you were attacking my views in any way.

But yes, cheers to you too good sir.
---
#48GLADI_ATORPosted 4/21/2013 2:43:02 PM
ONLY complaint I had about this game was the upgrading system, I much preferred the merchant or even RE5's, didn't like the perk system ala CoD (imo). Anyway don't get the hate for a lot of things these days. People just like to complain about anything and everything cause its the new thing to do.
---
Official Grand Master Assassin of Everywhere of Assassin's Creed boards
#49Mujika1991Posted 4/22/2013 12:54:33 PM
Ehmm..Re5 is better than Re6 ??..Not sure if serious or trolling..Re6 beats Re5 in every aspect..even Re4. beats Re5..only thing that Re4 lack MP..otherwise it completely beats Re5 out of the Water..so get real..FFS..and stop W****** to Wesker..he is dead get over it..