I am honestly worried this game will kill my ps3

#1Appa121582Posted 4/16/2013 2:28:33 AM
I had no idea how noisy this game is, I've heard that the constant disk reading can damage your system....I can't take the game back because I already opened the damn thing... does it make this noise during multiplayer?
I have an old fat ps3 and buying a new one if it breaks is impossible for me at this point, so I'm really concerned here.......
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#2CurryfiendPosted 4/16/2013 3:01:16 AM
That's just the game installing data as you play, when you've played through and installed everything then it should stop making noises.
---
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. ~f00had
http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/EpicImmenseCurry.png
#3largerockPosted 4/16/2013 3:16:38 AM
Games don't kill consoles...chocolates do.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#4Appa121582(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 3:36:08 AM
well, that's a relief/ Thanks a lot, man!
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#5FullMetalPanicPosted 4/16/2013 6:01:01 AM
I have a 5 years old fat PS3 and it's so quiet to the point I can barely hear it's on.
---
[_NNID_] PowerBerry [_PSN_] MrCiel [_3DS_] Ciel [ 2062 | 9168 | 6736 ]
#6Syn_VengeancePosted 4/16/2013 11:00:43 AM
i got the limited edition white 500g slim 2 months ago and this game is the only one that makes alot of noise when i play it. every other game i dont even hear my system loading...
#7Albert1285Posted 4/16/2013 11:43:49 AM
IIRC it only did when installing after that I never had such of problem.
#8good_tobiPosted 4/16/2013 2:37:29 PM
Appa121582 posted...
I've heard that the constant disk reading can damage your system....
I have an old fat ps3

trust me it does. My 4 year old 80 gb PS3's motor drive went BOOM (surprisingly no smoke) while ignoring that noise from constant disk reading n playing Arkham City just a year ago. I was playing combat challenge on rooftop when it happened, the game was still playing, you can still control Batman and do all his moves but neither he nor enemies could hit each other.Sadly I had to quit the game and soon type in google "ps3 doesn't show disc/ps3 doesn't recognise disc"

It is ok though if its for a short time. But its NOT if its during the whole gameplay and even when its when you're on main menu. Its a warning ! Don't ignore them & avoid the game as soon as possible . If not your game may soon start showing problems like blank screen, game freezing, weird glitches etc. Then its time to say goodbye to your PS3.

Have you been getting such problem?
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#9DestinyKnotPosted 4/16/2013 3:01:16 PM
..is this game considered dangerous for the PS3 then? o_O;
I mean I notice noise, too..maybe we both have faulty discs, or is it just the game in general? ..because no other game, but this one makes noise. I might consider purchasing the game again since it's much cheaper now just to be sure, but I want to know if the disc drive is noisy in general when playing Resident Evil 6 for everybody before wasting my money. XD

I did some research, but I see only a handful of people complaining..maybe it is just a badly manufactured disc I unfortunately received then.
#10Syn_VengeancePosted 4/16/2013 3:13:01 PM
DestinyKnot posted...
..is this game considered dangerous for the PS3 then? o_O;
I mean I notice noise, too..maybe we both have faulty discs, or is it just the game in general? ..because no other game, but this one makes noise. I might consider purchasing the game again since it's much cheaper now just to be sure, but I want to know if the disc drive is noisy in general when playing Resident Evil 6 for everybody before wasting my money. XD

I did some research, but I see only a handful of people complaining..maybe it is just a badly manufactured disc I unfortunately received then.

mines only loud when RE6 is loading, all my other games load and my ps3 is practically silent. i know its not my system since its brand new, its just when i play my RE6 disc does it get loud during loading times.