which would you rather have, a Resident Evil 7 or Resident Evil Reboot?

#11jpv2000Posted 4/17/2013 5:58:49 AM
RE 7. I'm not a fan of reboots in general.
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
#12Safer_777Posted 4/17/2013 7:22:03 AM
Why reboot?The series is fine.We know the story and the protagonists.Why they should erase all of them and add something completely different?Do not want.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#13GiveMeSomeVodkaPosted 4/17/2013 7:57:05 AM
Keroro_2350 posted...
GiveMeSomeVodka posted...
question, as i are new to many terms: what /exactly/ would a reboot consist of?

another question: when talking about survivors, many argue that it is broken. what /exactly/ does it mean to be broken?

I think reboot means that they will have a completely new Resident Evil that don't involve or relate to any of the current Resident Evil stuff like having new characters, story place and a lot more. So kinda like a new game but with the Resident Evil tittle on it.

Many says that survivor is broken is because there are overpower characters and weapons like Piers has the Anti material riffle which does extremely heavy damage and you don't even have the chance to stand and fight back. Second, quickshots is extremely deadly , if you got quickshots by other player the you will mostly likely die unless that player is dumb enough to let you stand. Third, magnums and rocket launcher , you can find these at the beginning of the match and whoever get those weapons are dangerous since its almost like 1 hit KO. So it's kinda an unfair match with these features as players like to use Piers sniper and quickshots you to death in a second and you can't even have a single chance to fight back.

so according to this, i do not want a reboot. ever. ever ever.
i love re the way it is. especially re 1's plot and story.

i can deal with power weapons and agent.
i think the only broken character is piers because his AMR /is/ pretty strong. coupled with the cancelation gun switch glitch, you're dead no matter how they get you. you pretty much have to sneak up on piers players all the time. not to mention there are players who qs spam, qs with the hand gun/ mpaf then switch over to the rifle for a head shot, head shot = OHKO, f***ing thermal for find other players 5xs faster on big maps... piers is way broken then.

i can deal with agent. it's funny how defensiveless most are after using their magnum ammo. they should do this with piers. just give him 4 bullets for his AMR.
#14Keroro_2350Posted 4/17/2013 8:28:13 AM
Keroro_2350 posted...
question, as i are new to many terms: what /exactly/ would a reboot consist of?

another question: when talking about survivors, many argue that it is broken. what /exactly/ does it mean to be broken?

I think reboot means that they will have a completely new Resident Evil that don't involve or relate to any of the current Resident Evil stuff like having new characters, story place and a lot more. So kinda like a new game but with the Resident Evil tittle on it.

Many says that survivor is broken is because there are overpower characters and weapons like Piers has the Anti material riffle which does extremely heavy damage and you don't even have the chance to stand and fight back. Second, quickshots is extremely deadly , if you got quickshots by other player the you will mostly likely die unless that player is dumb enough to let you stand. Third, magnums and rocket launcher , you can find these at the beginning of the match and whoever get those weapons are dangerous since its almost like 1 hit KO. So it's kinda an unfair match with these features as players like to use Piers sniper and quickshots you to death in a second and you can't even have a single chance to fight back.

so according to this, i do not want a reboot. ever. ever ever.
i love re the way it is. especially re 1's plot and story.

i can deal with power weapons and agent.
i think the only broken character is piers because his AMR /is/ pretty strong. coupled with the cancelation gun switch glitch, you're dead no matter how they get you. you pretty much have to sneak up on piers players all the time. not to mention there are players who qs spam, qs with the hand gun/ mpaf then switch over to the rifle for a head shot, head shot = OHKO, f***ing thermal for find other players 5xs faster on big maps... piers is way broken then.

i can deal with agent. it's funny how defensiveless most are after using their magnum ammo. they should do this with piers. just give him 4 bullets for his AMR.

Even though Piers is overpower but I still can't win with him lol. Everytime I quickshot , they'll get up and kill me off easily, I don't get it. I'm better when using Sherry,Helena and Carla.
#15good_tobiPosted 4/17/2013 10:58:44 AM
Capcom + dlc,multiplayer and reboot

I am NOT loving it.
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#16Syn_VengeancePosted 4/17/2013 12:16:17 PM
a reboot would probably bring more complaining then people already do about the current story. bring on RE7!
#17Safer_777Posted 4/18/2013 2:30:14 AM
I am afraid that Capcom might do a reboot because the characters are getting older and the Japanese like young people to be the heroes.I mean all the main characters are over 35 and Ada and Chris are almost 40 years old.Can you imagine if the next game is in like 4 years and Ada is 43?That would seem so strange.But I don't mind to tell the truth.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#18dillpickle69Posted 4/18/2013 6:36:49 AM
I think -I repeat, I think, feel free to correct me- most people who are saying they don't want a reboot are the ones who don't mind the horror being cut out of RE in recent games. I personally don't mind either way, horror or not, but I would prefer that they do RE7 first and give the series a conclusion, then go on to reboot it and incorporate more horror into it, since that's what most long-time RE fans are dying for.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=dillpickle61
#19Safer_777Posted 4/18/2013 7:16:32 AM
The story can't be concluded.There are many kind of viruses around in RE world and they can't stop them.Except if they do something like finding a super vaccine that cures all these viruses.
---
#20dillpickle69Posted 4/18/2013 8:08:26 AM
Well, they could give some sort of closure at the very least, which is why RE5 should have been where the series ended since it was the perfect closing point. Now they need to do something equally effective again.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=dillpickle61