which would you rather have, a Resident Evil 7 or Resident Evil Reboot?

#31dragonstar13Posted 4/20/2013 12:37:40 AM
I like the older games more then the new ones, but I rather not have a reboot. Mainly because I fear what they would do with the reboot. I rather see them learn from their lessons, know that just because Umbrella is gone doesn't mean new problems can't emerge. Like maybe there is an intelligent virus similar to the Parasite Eve story(Not the Squaresoft game, the original), or maybe two countries want to go to war using these viruses, or maybe we get brand new characters who aren't soldiers that are trying to survive a place with zombies, or maybe even go the route of the movies and just have the zombie apocalypse happen, and the heroes are devastated they weren't able to stop it. There's several angles they can go with in RE7, and I hope they don't recycle the Umbrella story with a different name like they did with the past 3 games. The Umbrella arc was great, but we don't need to see this story over and over again.
---
Abel is probably to Xenosaga what Neo was to the Matrix. - archmageraist
Claimed Misha Arsellec Lune and Lyner Barsett
#32Neutron15Posted 4/20/2013 2:59:26 AM(edited)
Reboot, Capcom will do it EVENTUALLY
---
Survival Is Your Responsibility
#33edward18Posted 4/20/2013 5:23:24 AM
...Viruses can't be smart. They aren't alive...
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#34MC RaZaRPosted 4/20/2013 8:24:21 AM
Resident Evil 7...I don't think I reboot is needed and doesn't really make sense.
---
Oh, I don't want to walk that far. Anything that takes more than 12 steps isn't worth doing! Eh? 12? Get it? Steps! Hehehe.- Homer J. Simpson
#35shadowscreedPosted 4/20/2013 8:45:56 AM
Neutron15 posted...
Reboot, Capcom will do it EVENTUALLY

ya i know. there is still a big fan base so yes there will be a rebooting of the franchise.if they look at 1 game that did it the best it was RESIDENT EVIL REMAKE FOR GAMECUBE. it had things in that game no other game has.
---
DeAD!! and LOvIn IT
#36StartersPosted 4/21/2013 12:32:06 AM
Reboot the franchise...

New premise, story and characters... well it's okay if it's on the same universe, just all new stuff to pull of. And please, oh please, give me a character that's actually human and helpless...
---
Living is the moment worth dying for...
#37siberian142Posted 4/21/2013 12:50:38 AM
It depends. If all the current characters are removed, I wouldn't want a reboot. The characters are why Resident Evil is awesome, I'd hate for all of them to disappear. A re-imagining of the story and its inhabitants wouldn't be as bad, depending on how they went about it.

I'd prefer that the series continued. Conclude the stories of the characters we already have (Ada, in particular, would be greatly affected if they just rebooted the series) and work on reintroducing elements that the fans want before moving on and starting from scratch.