Personal question for mercs players.....

#1reflega603Posted 4/16/2013 7:06:03 PM
Out of curiosity, when are you at your best in mercs? What are the perfect conditions for your top performances?

When are you at your worst?

Examples: pressure to perform, stressful life, etc.
---
PSN name: reflega603.
#2Syn_VengeancePosted 4/16/2013 7:10:00 PM
reflega603 posted...
Out of curiosity, when are you at your best in mercs? What are the perfect conditions for your top performances?

When are you at your worst?

Examples: pressure to perform, stressful life, etc.

perfect conditions are at night when my wife and son are asleep, throw on my turtle beach headset and im good to go.

worst is even attempting to play during the day with the chaos of having a 4 month old.
#3reflega603(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 7:32:41 PM(edited)
That was fast, more responses appreciated. Hope for more reading material during lectures tomorrow X D.

EDIT: I personally am not sure when I'm at my best or worst. I can have the worst day possible and still do well and vice versa.
---
Currently playing: RE 2. RE 6, KH HD 1.5 RE:mix
#4GiveMeSomeVodkaPosted 4/16/2013 9:37:52 PM
pretty much when i'm not tired of playing the game for the day, and that's with any mode, not just mercs. though i'm not very good at mercs (jake: power counter, 1.3 mil urban chaos, boss killed at 20-30).
#5sbn4Posted 4/16/2013 10:06:17 PM
^ Did I run into you on survivors Vodka? I think it was on MtD and you were Sherry and I was Chris.

And honestly never. I can play Mercs whenever, but the frustrating mechanics, tedium, scoring system, and overall BS makes mercenaries pretty unenjoyable.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#6icantseePosted 4/17/2013 12:02:13 AM
Even though it's frustrating, annoying, and filled with BS, I just enjoy grinding mercs. I focus on playing as fast as possible. It makes me forget about anything else, at least for a little while.

I don't have any conditions when I'm at my best. Some days I'll feel ready to play, but when I start, I'm immediately off my game, missing easy counters and not aiming well. Other days, I'll be tried, but when I start playing, somehow my aim will be dead center and countering will be fluid.

It's fun when I can get into a rhythm of dog and leaper countering. But after a while, my reaction time slows to the point that I get jumped on even though I get the counter chime. That's when I know it's time to take a break or quit for the day.
---
RE5, 3DS, RE6 Mercs fan
#7largerockPosted 4/17/2013 12:10:10 AM
Best: When I want to.

Worst: When I can't.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#8Keroro_2350Posted 4/17/2013 1:29:50 AM
It depends on my brain and reflexes sometimes I guess. Sometimes I can counter almost everything even every dogs jump at me I can just 'swoosh' at them but sometimes I just because an idiot and can't even counter a zombie slap. I mostly get nervous whenever I get to 120 combo and above and when I was surrounded by tons of zombies and a napad I lose control and play badly but pick it up quickly as I told myself not to lose the combo and just a few more to go.

But I get extremely good whenever I join an counter freaks like those 1.3 million freaks. I guess it's the pressure that makes me do good but I always messed up when trying to set up counter on those firearm zombies then they will KICK me when I died. Every damn time without fail whenever I join an expert player unless they are extremely patience with me like there's 1 time when I just played mercenaries for the second time, I died for 3 or 4 times but this Japanese guy keep restarting until we got a 1.2 million, and I think that was really great cause I don't even know how to set up a coup de grace or a counter but we get such high score.
#9CondemnatnWingsPosted 4/17/2013 1:34:23 AM
When my partner and I are singing Call Me Maybe
#10GiveMeSomeVodkaPosted 4/17/2013 1:46:28 AM
sbn4 posted...
^ Did I run into you on survivors Vodka? I think it was on MtD and you were Sherry and I was Chris.

if it's on ps3, then no, as i am an xbox user (but i like visiting the ps3 board because it's not as dead as the xbox's).

if on xbox, maybe you did, as i /do/ pick sherry as my main character except for team match urban chaos (since i have no use for her there now that i already got my 99 with her). if on xbox, would i recognize you from your gfaqs user name?