Where the heck did Leon come from? (spoilers)

#1YaBreakinYoNeckPosted 4/22/2013 8:11:56 AM
In the fight with Chris. Dude literally ninja'd his way there. No one was behind Chris and Piers didn't see anyone, (you would think he'd tell Chris). Leon came from Chris' right and Chris was on a rail platform. So Chris' right is nothing but a railing that leads down.

So Leon literally did the MGS2 Raiden hanging over the rail crap to get the jump on Chris. How though, he jump from the bottom like Spider-Man to grab the ledge? Wtf? lol
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/FreeStyleStories
Not a rapper, just freestylin' for fun
#2slapper1Posted 4/22/2013 8:19:20 AM
He actually came from behind Chris. In the chase sequence leading up to that cutscene, both Chris and Leon are chasing after Carla, however it is Chis that corners her first. the walkway that they are all on is a large square with 2 entrances (both being walkways used during the chase sequence) and one exit (the stairway). Leon just followed behind Chris and when he hit the square walkway, he took Chris's path while Helena went behind Piers in order to corner them.
---
When facing a zombie apocalypse, don't join up with a group. Why? Because you'll end up blowing your own head off due to all the pointless drama caused within.
#3GiveMeSomeVodkaPosted 4/22/2013 8:35:19 AM
i think helena was behind leon. i remember her looking over to piers and piers motioned his gun to carla.

a better question would be how they didn't realize carla and ada were wearing two different outfits. chris spots ada in her red top, but continues to chase carla in her purple top. it's funny because /i didn't realize it either/, and thought ada was both good and evil until i played ada's campaign.

i guess i just wasn't paying attention.
#4Keroro_2350Posted 4/22/2013 8:39:57 AM
I think it goes like this,when Chris and Piers are at Room0 while Leon and Helena were at Room1, Piers actually beat Leon when disabling the mines thus Room0 door open first and Chris and Piers goes at the left entrance and jump down the walkway.

Meanwhile,Leon and Helena fail to beat them so they had to stay s little longer and when they got out, the left entrance has already been locked so they had to go through the ventilation hole on the right, and both Leon and Helena witness Chris and Piers chase "Ada" and they started to chase down Chris to prevent him from killing "Ada".

This means that Chris and Piers won the hacking system and they got to use the left entrance and they make their way to the door and that's where start to corner "Ada".
Because Leon and Helena got out from their room a little late thus the left entrance it lock and they use the ventilation hole on the right,witness Chris and Piers chase "Ada" and they make a run for it. This is why Leon and Helena were behind Chris because they jump down from the walkway above Chris and Piers when they were chasing "Ada"
#5ArchiantagonistPosted 4/22/2013 8:48:23 AM
I'm more concerned about why Piers didn't shoot Leon?
I mean - he had no idea who the guys is + Leon attacked Chris and Piers just...did nothing
When Jake put his gun at Chris(Chapter 5), Piers acted in completely different manner
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#6YaBreakinYoNeck(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 9:22:23 AM
But in the cutscene you can see behind Chris and there's no Leon. I mean, it would make sense for Leon to come behind him. But we don't see him there. And why didn't Piers say, "Chris behind you!" or something like that?

Leon came straight from Chris' right. Dude ninja'd there. And how did Leon know about Neo Umbrella and Ada/Carla working for it? I don't recall if his campaign told him this or not prior to Chris saying it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/FreeStyleStories
Not a rapper, just freestylin' for fun
#7Safer_777Posted 4/22/2013 12:19:09 PM
Couldn't Hunnigan mentioned this to him?I mean by the time they left Tall Oaks and got a plane to China and in all the time that they were traveling she could have give them a full analysis of what they know.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#8saleonkennedyPosted 4/22/2013 12:19:22 PM
YaBreakinYoNeck posted...
But in the cutscene you can see behind Chris and there's no Leon. I mean, it would make sense for Leon to come behind him. But we don't see him there. And why didn't Piers say, "Chris behind you!" or something like that?

Leon came straight from Chris' right. Dude ninja'd there. And how did Leon know about Neo Umbrella and Ada/Carla working for it? I don't recall if his campaign told him this or not prior to Chris saying it.

Piers didnt shoot leon because leon is badass. I kind of forgot that part but i think he had an idea of ada working for umbrella from the video or something.. I honestly cant remember but

I think he was trying to protect ada and just went along with chris's statement. If he would have said no, things would have gotten more complicated and any future info leon would have given him would be unreliable with his uncertainty of the situation
---
gamertag: Leon Kennedy I2
Don't speak evil of someone you don't know for certain, and if you do know ask yourself, why am I telling it?-Johann Kasper Lavater
#9ArchiantagonistPosted 4/22/2013 7:47:50 PM
YaBreakinYoNeck posted...

When you play that "prototype room" part, you may notice that these duos
take different paths dependent on who won the "ping-pong" game.

The ones that managed to disengage the locks first, walks out of the door
and jumps to the lower level...while the losers have to crawl through ventilation hole
and run some sort of ceiling.

That's why you can't see Leon behind Chris(until the cutscene)

But my question is - when the fight starts, why Piers just stands idly by?
I swear on my blood, those BSAA goons are good for nothing
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#10siberian142Posted 4/22/2013 9:20:35 PM
It was close quarter combat, he probably didn't want to risk shooting at Leon when his captain didn't have the power of gameplay segregation to protect him. He could have accidentally shot Chris.

Plus, Carla was right there. She's extremely slippery and taking your attention off of her would result in her pulling a fast one, as seen when Piers momentarily looked at Chris and she threw a flash grenade. They knew she was capable of having weapons like the needle bomb and the needle gun in her possession, so she'd have been a higher priority target compared to Leon. She's significantly more mobile and dangerous of a target, trying to help Chris would have been a fatal and incredibly stupid mistake on Piers' part.