worth it at the PS+ price

#1NaylordPosted 4/23/2013 5:38:08 PM
I know this game got terrible critical reception and that usually is a good metric for if a game is worth getting but do you think this game is worth the PS+ price of 14 bucks?

More important than the money is the time of course; this game needs to be at least good enough to warrent the time to play it and that's what I'm mostly worried about.
#2GiveMeSomeVodkaPosted 4/23/2013 5:57:30 PM
gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6/65969141
#3TamericanPosted 4/23/2013 9:23:23 PM
I'm currently downloading it now, I bought it (PS+ price) even after reading tons of reviews; both equally positive and negative. but I am a big RE fan and just got RE6 + all the DLC for $23!! even if the game turns out to be a 7.5/10, @ least in my opinion, I'll be happy.
---
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying. - Oscar Wilde, The Happy Prince and Other Stories
#4tevin1569Posted 4/23/2013 11:11:42 PM
Tamerican posted...
I'm currently downloading it now, I bought it (PS+ price) even after reading tons of reviews; both equally positive and negative. but I am a big RE fan and just got RE6 + all the DLC for $23!! even if the game turns out to be a 7.5/10, @ least in my opinion, I'll be happy.

8.5/10. Gameinformer did it best!
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
"I came to win"-Fly
#5caffiend7Posted 4/24/2013 1:14:20 AM
11/10 it's okay IGN
#6moonlithunterPosted 4/24/2013 1:19:35 AM
Chris' Campaign - the finale features the cheapest and most poorly done boss encounter Ive ever played- is the only low point for the game.

A longtime fan, I enjoyed the other aspects of it.

Expect an action title and you'll have fun.( Except when your at the end of Chris's campaign )
---
The world is a dark place.....
#7kalibre16Posted 4/24/2013 2:07:35 AM
Got this game for 90+Tax (Anthology) and to me its been worth it, been playing since Oct 2 and have logged in over 350 hours into 6 alone (Still have to play 1-5 lol) I don't know about you but I don't think anything I've spent 90 on has ever brought that many hours of entertainment

I will say to play the campaigns in the order presented as it was how capcom expected the story to be revealed (definitely do not play Ada's first despite being unlocked from the start it is not meant to be played first)

As for the extra content personally I've never been a fan of multiplayer so mercenaries is my favorite but Co-op in mercenaries can be fun too as long as you are both at the same skill level I also like onslaught but you got to know your way around:)

Survivors is cheap, predator is fun for a few rounds but quickly loses its charm and Siege is just Agent Hunt Amped WAY up some people like it I'm indifferent towards it (although I hate the trophies they put for it, gives the word grinding a whole new meaning)
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#8GiveMeSomeVodkaPosted 4/24/2013 5:34:10 AM
kalibre16 posted...
Got this game for 90+Tax (Anthology) and to me its been worth it, been playing since Oct 2 and have logged in over 350 hours into 6 alone (Still have to play 1-5 lol) I don't know about you but I don't think anything I've spent 90 on has ever brought that many hours of entertainment

---

this. maybe not be 15/10 top notch quality but it can surely keep you entertained for possibly years to come.

i've spent 1,700 hours on re5. been playing that for 3 years straight. i think re6'll keep me busy for a while, until maybe at least a year.