Is the game really that bad?

#21TurduckenPosted 4/24/2013 9:30:10 PM
It's mediocre at best, which is the nicest thing I can say about it. I'd say even the people who like it can agree it's easily the most divisive entry in the series. I got it used for like 24 bucks and I still feel like I didn't get my money's worth. A single storyline playthrough and a few days of farting around in Mercs are all I've played of it, and likely will stay that way.
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#22dragonstar13Posted 4/24/2013 9:52:09 PM
It's worth a try if you're a fan of the modern REs. I don't like the game overall, but I think any RE fan who liked RE4 +/ RE5 may like it.
Don't try the demo, the actual gameplay in the game is much better.

Just be aware of the cons ahead of time, and you'll be fine. If story is the main thing you look for in a game, then this one is really not for you. If I were you, I'd look for the $20 ones. Or wait for a sale.
---
Abel is probably to Xenosaga what Neo was to the Matrix. - archmageraist
Claimed Misha Arsellec Lune and Lyner Barsett
#23ApticPosted 4/24/2013 11:23:21 PM
I got it new for $22 and im playing through the split screen campaign with someone. Pretty fun if you have someone to play it with.
#24Crowley441Posted 4/24/2013 11:36:25 PM
Is the game bad? Yes.
Is the game stupid? Also, yes.
Is the game fun? Yes. The story in this game pretty much is garbage, Chris' campaign feels more like a very watered down version of Army of Two than any Resident Evil game. Leon's really feels the closest to Resident Evil 4. Jake's campaign is kinda weird, but the big beastie that follows you around reminds me of Nemesis in Resident Evil 3, hard to kill and really has nothing better to do other than try to redecorate the walls with your innards. Ada's campaign is alright, a little more tense since it can be played single player and makes you the enemy's only target. All in all, I've played better games, but I've certainly played worse games.
#25SolidStryderPosted 4/25/2013 12:09:32 AM
Lol ITT any game with a military type character is a watered down Army of Two. The story was fine, better than anything else I've played in the series, so that's not saying much I guess. Chris' campaign was easily the better of the three main ones, from story to pacing.