I don't understand why people say that RE 4 is a great game but RE 6 sucks.

#31Coryo61827Posted 4/26/2013 4:21:10 PM
Quote:It introduced a great camera system, and introduced a lot of people to "this brand new series called 'Resident Evil'"

Other than that, it was pretty terrible as an RE game. The only suspense in that game was the fact that at any moment, it could turn into an actionfest forcing you to fight waves of enemies while moving around like a decommissioned tank. Seriously, that's it. It abandoned every aspect of the series except the worst one. 6 is atleast playable, it's a chore trying to play 4 or 5 after the gameplay changes in 6.

Also, RE3 mercs sucks.

@SolidStryder

Really? Cause I thought it was a chore to play resident evil 6. I couldn't wait to beat 6 just so I'd never have to play it again.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#32SolidStryderPosted 4/27/2013 2:25:48 AM
Coryo61827 posted...
Quote:It introduced a great camera system, and introduced a lot of people to "this brand new series called 'Resident Evil'"

Other than that, it was pretty terrible as an RE game. The only suspense in that game was the fact that at any moment, it could turn into an actionfest forcing you to fight waves of enemies while moving around like a decommissioned tank. Seriously, that's it. It abandoned every aspect of the series except the worst one. 6 is atleast playable, it's a chore trying to play 4 or 5 after the gameplay changes in 6.

Also, RE3 mercs sucks.

@SolidStryder

Really? Cause I thought it was a chore to play resident evil 6. I couldn't wait to beat 6 just so I'd never have to play it again.

Awesome, that way you could post on the RE6 boards about how you'll never play RE6 again! Glad you enjoy cumbersome tank controls, though.
#33TheLastBladePosted 4/29/2013 8:27:58 PM
1. Resident Evil 4 didn't suck.
2. People who believe that 4 was just a third person shooter missed the point. It had the atmosphere, the cheese, and it certainly had the cast. It wasn't scary, but it was still resident evil.
3. 4 didn't contradict the history.
4. QTE in 6 were just BAD. Looking for car keys... WTF is this ****? In 4, it made the player feel accomplished and it fit the scenes.... Even if some of them were ridiculous.
5. The inventory in 4 is still the best. If there was a sign of downgrading, it would be after 4. Sure it doesn't have real time switch like 5 and 6 and you do need to pause. But for whatever reason, Capcom decided that it was a good idea to convolute both games with real time garbage.
6. The story is just tripe in 6. The reason why people don't make a huge deal with 4 is because the series was already that ridiculous.

I could state more, but I'd be dragging it way too long.
#34KaiKun91Posted 4/29/2013 9:03:20 PM
RE 6 is great if you minus all of the Classic RE content.
#35edward18Posted 4/29/2013 9:13:25 PM

http://warahi.deviantart.com/art/Why-Don-t-You-Like-Resident-Evil-4-357678234

2. People who believe that 4 was just a third person shooter missed the point.

The point was to create a game that would bring in more of the general audience that ruins everything it comes in contact with.

It had the atmosphere,

Not from what I played.

the cheese,

Ugh.

and it certainly had the cast.

The only characters I thought belonged in RE were Ada, Salazar, and Luis.

It wasn't scary, but it was still resident evil.

It's just as little of RE as 5 but worse.

...what game did?

4. QTE in 6 were just BAD.

They're bad in ALL the games -_-

Looking for car keys... WTF is this ****? In 4, it made the player feel accomplished and it fit the scenes.... Even if some of them were ridiculous.

No, it just made things damn annoying.

5. The inventory in 4 is still the best. If there was a sign of downgrading, it would be after 4. Sure it doesn't have real time switch like 5 and 6 and you do need to pause. But for whatever reason, Capcom decided that it was a good idea to convolute both games with real time garbage.

Better than having to play tetris to organize your overbloated inventory.

6. The story is just tripe in 6.

Don't see how it can get worse than 4's.

The reason why people don't make a huge deal with 4 is because the series was already that ridiculous.

No. No it ****ing wasn't. People just always say that is all. They remember the very first ****ing game in the series because of how poorly it was slapped together script-wise. But even back then and certainly in every game afterwards they took the story pretty damn seriously until 4 pulled the crap it did.

There is no limit.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#36TheLastBladePosted 4/29/2013 10:18:58 PM
edward18 posted...

http://warahi.deviantart.com/art/Why-Don-t-You-Like-Resident-Evil-4-357678234

2. People who believe that 4 was just a third person shooter missed the point.

The point was to create a game that would bring in more of the general audience that ruins everything it comes in contact with.

It had the atmosphere,

Not from what I played.

the cheese,

Ugh.

and it certainly had the cast.

The only characters I thought belonged in RE were Ada, Salazar, and Luis.

It wasn't scary, but it was still resident evil.

It's just as little of RE as 5 but worse.

...what game did?

4. QTE in 6 were just BAD.

They're bad in ALL the games -_-

Looking for car keys... WTF is this ****? In 4, it made the player feel accomplished and it fit the scenes.... Even if some of them were ridiculous.

No, it just made things damn annoying.

Better than having to play tetris to organize your overbloated inventory.

6. The story is just tripe in 6.

Don't see how it can get worse than 4's.

The reason why people don't make a huge deal with 4 is because the series was already that ridiculous.

No. No it ****ing wasn't. People just always say that is all. They remember the very first ****ing game in the series because of how poorly it was slapped together script-wise. But even back then and certainly in every game afterwards they took the story pretty damn seriously until 4 pulled the crap it did.

There is no limit.

1. Yeah ok, I'm supposed to be fine with killing black people now. Gonna make everything in 5 a bad action movie cliche. Make Wesker a cocky idiot by letting Chris live so many times, when it was clear that he's the one ****ing up his plans. I should be also be okay with the fact that everyone forgot everything they learned in 6 and make Chris a DRUNK!

2. I can see that we're moving ahead from the series' hose**** controls and camera.

3. In 4, we had a resident evil-esque setting. 5, we have a setting that takes place in Africa, swamps, and forests..... ._. 6.... Apparently, it has the tone of just doing bad action films.

4. Well, it's bad cheese.

5. Yep, casts spewing bad lines :P

6. Oh, so now Resident Evil 5 is scary because it had black people! Run for your lives!

7. 4 is a side adventure that takes place somewhere else. 5 at least talks about some of the history of the other games. 6.... Well apparently, everyone is spontzes.

8. 6's QTE had **** that made no sense.... Opening doors, looking for keys, parachute, and the list goes on!

9. You know, at least people knew how to get rid of stuff they didn't need. 5 and 6, for whatever reason, decided that it should have the players sort out through garbage with a set amount of slots.

10. Yeah, it can't get any worse, because it was directed by someone that watched too many Micheal Bay films! And the fact that we get Wesker's son, Chris being a military man, Leon being a spontz and the list goes on!

11. Huh, could've fooled me. All with it's conspiracy theories and a pharmacy company just happening to have a way to make people zombies.
#37TheLastBladePosted 4/29/2013 10:38:57 PM
Plus:

- 4 didn't have god awful partners with bad AI (5 and 6 is what happens if we gave Ashley a gun).
- Had better music.
- Had better bosses.
- Had better puzzles (which is sad, considering 4 had some that blew).
- Better replay value.
- Challenge (which, again is sad considering we degrade worse than 4).
#38edward18Posted 4/29/2013 11:01:11 PM

1. Yeah ok, I'm supposed to be fine with killing black people now.

Yes

Gonna make everything in 5 a bad action movie cliche.

Like 4 did.

Make Wesker a cocky idiot by letting Chris live so many times, when it was clear that he's the one ****ing up his plans.

Which he's ALWAYS done...

I should be also be okay with the fact that everyone forgot everything they learned in 6 and make Chris a DRUNK!

I have never played 6.

2. I can see that we're moving ahead from the series' hose**** controls and camera.

What's that have to do with what I said?

3. In 4, we had a resident evil-esque setting.

Uh, like ****ing hell. The only thing RE-like in 4 was the labs.

5, we have a setting that takes place in Africa, swamps, and forests..... ._.

And it's about damn time they showed the origin of the Progenitor Virus.

4. Well, it's bad cheese.

Yeah. Gets pretty annoying.

5. Yep, casts spewing bad lines :P

Yeah, gets pretty annoying with how often 4 did it INTENTIONALLY.

6. Oh, so now Resident Evil 5 is scary because it had black people! Run for your lives!

5 isn't scary nor is 4.

7. 4 is a side adventure that takes place somewhere else.

And that's one of its main problems.

8. 6's QTE had **** that made no sense.... Opening doors, looking for keys, parachute, and the list goes on!

And 4's got annoying ones too...all of them....just like 5...

9. You know, at least people knew how to get rid of stuff they didn't need. 5 and 6, for whatever reason, decided that it should have the players sort out through garbage with a set amount of slots.

Just like the old games. It works fine.

10. Yeah, it can't get any worse, because it was directed by someone that watched too many Micheal Bay films! And the fact that we get Wesker's son, Chris being a military man, Leon being a spontz and the list goes on!

....you realize Chris IS a military man right?...

11. Huh, could've fooled me. All with it's conspiracy theories and a pharmacy company just happening to have a way to make people zombies.

Zombies are accidents and the pharmacy company is just a facade.

- 4 didn't have god awful partners with bad AI (5 and 6 is what happens if we gave Ashley a gun).

Ashley.

- Had better music.

All RE games have great music.

- Had better bosses.

Had just as pitiful of bosses as 5.

- Had better puzzles (which is sad, considering 4 had some that blew).

4 had next to no puzzles and they all sucked, just like 5.

- Challenge (which, again is sad considering we degrade worse than 4).

4 and 5 have the same piss-poor challenge.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#39GiftedACIIIPosted 4/29/2013 11:34:55 PM
Anyone who played RE for horror were just noobs to the horror market.
#40edward18Posted 4/29/2013 11:42:25 PM
REmake is the scariest game I've ever played and I doubt I'll see one scarier.
---