Questions about the Resident Evil sale and RE6 after patch

#1SHMYazooPosted 4/26/2013 5:28:15 AM
I LOVED RE4, thought RE5 was "meh" (it was fun when I was playing with a friend, I gotta admit), couldn't finish the RE6 demo mostly because of the camera. Oh god, it was SO close I couldn't take it for more than 10 minutes. I heard it was fixed and by watching some youtube videos it seems to be better, but since they were all so low quality I couldn't really get a feel for it.

The big questions: Is there anyone here with a similar experience with the modern titles of the series that can tell me what they thought of the patch changes? Did it make it playable to you? Also, for anyone else that loved RE4, thought RE5 was mediocre but fun when playing co-op, what did you of think of RE6 overall? I heard it has lots of content for single player (I'm not really a Mercenaries guy). How's Code Veronica HD and Resident Evil 4 HD, are they good or were their HD ports done poorly? Are the PS1 Resident Evil games playable or are they not worth it in a HDTV (I recently played MGS1 and it was ok)?

Thanks for anyone with the patience to answer all these questions.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#2Safer_777Posted 4/26/2013 8:41:11 AM
There are 4 chapters and it is the bigger RE campaign.The 4th campaign can be played co-op only online though.Mercenaries is pretty fun and there are only 3 stages anyway so you can learn them and perform good.I didn't had any problem with the camera.Also for the HD versions didn't noticed anything really.If you like RE games you just buy them,that is.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#3kalibre16Posted 4/26/2013 12:23:31 PM
SHMYazoo posted...

The big questions: Is there anyone here with a similar experience with the modern titles of the series that can tell me what they thought of the patch changes? Did it make it playable to you? Also, for anyone else that loved RE4, thought RE5 was mediocre but fun when playing co-op, what did you of think of RE6 overall? I heard it has lots of content for single player (I'm not really a Mercenaries guy). How's Code Veronica HD and Resident Evil 4 HD, are they good or were their HD ports done poorly? Are the PS1 Resident Evil games playable or are they not worth it in a HDTV (I recently played MGS1 and it was ok)?

I like this sale lol its bringing around new blood to the table, anyways I've been around since 1.0 and I can tell you nearly all the things that have changed since the updates

- Camera (Personally I never had a problem with the camera but if you found it too close then there is a multitude of options now to direct how far the camera is, just make sure you go to options through the main menu to do it, it kind of sucks you can't do it in game as you kind of have to guess your results)

- Languages (This is now in the main menu rather than having to change it through the PS3 menu its worth a good chuckle)

- Difficulty (No Hope is now available from the start though I wouldn't recommend it until your second go through unless you are really good or are masochistic)

QTE Assist is now available for all difficulties (This essentially does all the QTE's for you again not a fan but eh its optional)

Speaking of QTE"s a number of them were made much easier most notably Climbing segments and a final boss veterans here are familiar with

Added dialogue was thrown in to give hints to certain sections

Enemies health was decreased somewhat

Characters (Agent was added for mercenaries and campaign but his prescence in campaign is a bit short lived as he can only be played online and can't interact with any objects (doors, items, etc....) he also teleports which while funny can be a bit awkward

Trophies (All the DLC trophies come standard with the update, not sure if you can platinum without getting them)

and thats pretty much it as for the meat of the game (presumably the campaign I'd recommend doing it in the order presented LEON>CHRIS>JAKE>ADA despite the fact that Ada's is unlocked from the start post update it really shouldn't have been as it reveals too many plot points

The game should take you around 20-30 hours on your first playthrough and if you wish to go back and try it on a harder difficulty with a different character it will take more so I'd say its pretty good considering the 14.99 price tag

AS for RE4 and CVXHD well I havent played CVX yet lol but for RE4 I have all the versions and I can legit say that the XBOX got the better deal, theres nothing really wrong with the PS3 its just I found the XBOX to have faster load times and the color contrast was better on it, the trophies aren't really anything too special either eh overall its ok but if you already own RE4 I wouldn't recommend it (only reason I got was because It came with my copy of RE6 Anthology)

The PS1 games are AWESOME that said its a given they will look like ass on any HDTV unless its smaller than 30' but if graphics are that big of a deal to you, then you can do what I did and put them on your PSP (Everyone has one of those right lol) they look pretty good on that
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#4Coryo61827Posted 4/26/2013 3:18:06 PM
Quote:SHMYazoo posted...

I like this sale lol its bringing around new blood to the table, anyways I've been around since 1.0 and I can tell you nearly all the things that have changed since the updates

- Camera (Personally I never had a problem with the camera but if you found it too close then there is a multitude of options now to direct how far the camera is, just make sure you go to options through the main menu to do it, it kind of sucks you can't do it in game as you kind of have to guess your results)

- Languages (This is now in the main menu rather than having to change it through the PS3 menu its worth a good chuckle)

- Difficulty (No Hope is now available from the start though I wouldn't recommend it until your second go through unless you are really good or are masochistic)

QTE Assist is now available for all difficulties (This essentially does all the QTE's for you again not a fan but eh its optional)

Speaking of QTE"s a number of them were made much easier most notably Climbing segments and a final boss veterans here are familiar with

Characters (Agent was added for mercenaries and campaign but his prescence in campaign is a bit short lived as he can only be played online and can't interact with any objects (doors, items, etc....) he also teleports which while funny can be a bit awkward

Trophies (All the DLC trophies come standard with the update, not sure if you can platinum without getting them)

and thats pretty much it as for the meat of the game (presumably the campaign I'd recommend doing it in the order presented LEON>CHRIS>JAKE>ADA despite the fact that Ada's is unlocked from the start post update it really shouldn't have been as it reveals too many plot points

The game should take you around 20-30 hours on your first playthrough and if you wish to go back and try it on a harder difficulty with a different character it will take more so I'd say its pretty good considering the 14.99 price tag

AS for RE4 and CVXHD well I havent played CVX yet lol but for RE4 I have all the versions and I can legit say that the XBOX got the better deal, theres nothing really wrong with the PS3 its just I found the XBOX to have faster load times and the color contrast was better on it, the trophies aren't really anything too special either eh overall its ok but if you already own RE4 I wouldn't recommend it (only reason I got was because It came with my copy of RE6 Anthology)

The PS1 games are AWESOME that said its a given they will look like ass on any HDTV unless its smaller than 30' but if graphics are that big of a deal to you, then you can do what I did and put them on your PSP (Everyone has one of those right lol) they look pretty good on that
---

@kalibre16

Lol, that's what I do. I play all my ps1 games on my psp.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#5SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 3:19:38 PM
kalibre16 posted...
SHMYazoo posted...

---

I have played them but never finished it, since I didn't own those games, only had them for rentals and quite frankly I wasn't very good at them but they were always interesting. I have a PSP but weirdly it can't play PS1 games on it (some kind of problem with it, but it's so old now, first edition, that I didn't even bother to try to fix it) otherwise I'd definitely play it on them. Do they support the analog sticks in these versions or not? I had the gamecube version, the original one, I never played the newer stuff, I heard there's some Ada missions for RE4 right? I hope they're good. Is that the optimal playthrough order for RE6 by the way? I heard there's one that's very good for your first time.

Thanks for typing all that by the way (and all the others as well)!
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#6kalibre16Posted 4/26/2013 10:01:18 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
I have played them but never finished it, since I didn't own those games, only had them for rentals and quite frankly I wasn't very good at them but they were always interesting. I have a PSP but weirdly it can't play PS1 games on it (some kind of problem with it, but it's so old now, first edition, that I didn't even bother to try to fix it) otherwise I'd definitely play it on them. Do they support the analog sticks in these versions or not? I had the gamecube version, the original one, I never played the newer stuff, I heard there's some Ada missions for RE4 right? I hope they're good. Is that the optimal playthrough order for RE6 by the way? I heard there's one that's very good for your first time.

Thanks for typing all that by the way (and all the others as well)!

No problem I'm a fan of all of them except for 5 (unlike 4 and 6 that one just feels lazy to me from the uninspired backgrounds to the generic enemies and reusing nearly all the sounds ugh) anyways I could write an essay on why I hate 5 but I've said my piece already

As for the questions at hand yes all 3 support the analog sticks but to be honest I prefer the D-pad as it feels more precise (the analog movement isn't really analog it still reads digital movement so thats why)

If you've never played or seen the Ada segments then I'd say its worth going through it just be warned that the cutscenes are pre-rendered meaning they'll look murky compared to the gameplay but its pretty good its a good campaign albeit a bit short 6-8 hours depending on you

For RE6 for me and for Capcom that order makes the most sense as it escalates in difficulty at a reasonable pace but if you want to tackle it in any other order you can just make sure you leave Ada's for last
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#7SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 6:43:03 AM
Well, I ended up buying it. The camera thing in the prelude still bothered me but after I could get to the main menu and changed the camera, it felt fantastic. They really fixed the camera for me. Well, time to play, thanks for all the messages people!
---