I thought RE6 was the worst RE game, but then I played Code Veronica.

#1DantechanPosted 4/26/2013 3:17:07 PM
CV is the worst RE game in the main series I ever played

-No replay value what so ever
-Other than Chris and Claire, CV has terrible characters.
-Uninteresting environments
-Enemies are cheap, especially the bandersnatches.
-The Antarctica level dragged on for too long
-Boring puzzles
-The game does bloody tell you where to go sometimes, and it doesn't even give you a clue.
-Save points and item boxes are poorly placed.
-Story is awful
-Boring bosses
-Zombies are bullet sponges, and some areas of the game are too small so you can't dodge them well.

CV almost has no redeeming qualities at all, other than the music. 3 out of 10. I mean yea sure 6 wasn't that great either, but atleast RE6 was actually fun. CV is not.
#2MuZemikePosted 4/26/2013 3:42:12 PM
CV was too hard for you. ok
#3Vegeta1000Posted 4/26/2013 4:01:10 PM
I actually like RECV a lot, but it is one of the weakest games in the main series. Gameplay was starting to get stale, environments were bland, too much backtracking, bosses were uninteresting (two are actually optional), not enough unlockable content, Alfred was a terrible villain, and Steve just flat out sucked. The game does have more pros than cons. RE0 was the weakest old-school RE game. I hated the inventory system on that game and other than having an A.I. partner that you could switch control from, it didn't have anything redeeming about it (the graphics were nice I guess). The gameplay was beyond stale at that point and it was time for a change. Thank god for RE4!
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#4SamA7XPosted 4/26/2013 5:18:34 PM
CV will always be a masterpiece in my eyes, My first version was the Dreamcast version, I'll always have fond memories of my first play through, it took me months to finish it but I was just 12 at the time.

It is often hated by quite a lot of people, mainly because of its difficulty, but if you say thats not the reason you hate then fair enough, but I have to say I disagree with every point you made about why this game is bad, but hey thats just my opinion.
#5SpiritlittlePosted 4/26/2013 5:47:09 PM
Weird. Code Veronica was one of my favorites.
#6thaininjaPosted 4/26/2013 6:08:50 PM
i though re 3 was the worst, i loved code veronica, i thought it had a solid story and with it's 3d background you got some really good camera angles for story telling. I played it back on the dreamcast, maybe it didn't age so well...
#7DestinyKnotPosted 4/26/2013 6:18:12 PM
Remake > 2 > 4 > Code Veronica > 3 > 5 > 6

5 had a pretty decent campaign, and I loved its Mercenaries mode to death, but it's still not up to par in terms of quality, it proved to be a solid action game at best..6 was just..a mess, I don't see myself ever playing any of the campaigns in that game again, they were such a chore even the first time around. Code Veronica had an amazing story, atmosphere, and soundtrack. =]
#8Coryo61827Posted 4/26/2013 6:37:40 PM
What is this I don't even? Lol. I loved code veronica! Probably in my top 3 favorites.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#9ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 4/26/2013 6:52:20 PM
Code Veronica is also one of my favorite RE games. I particularly like some of the enemies introduced on it, as they were meant to be perfected or specialized B.O.W.s, such as the Gulp Worm, Black Widow and Hunter II.
#10GaullerPosted 4/26/2013 7:21:33 PM(edited)
Dantechan posted...
CV is the worst RE game in the main series I ever played

*Probably my favorite.

-No replay value what so ever

*Agreed. Compared to the other games, there's not much to do.

-Other than Chris and Claire, CV has terrible characters.

*Disagree.

-Uninteresting environments

*No less interesting than in other games, though some sections are boring.

-Enemies are cheap, especially the bandersnatches.

*Moths

-The Antarctica level dragged on for too long

*If anything, the training facility drags for too long. Also, the private residence should last longer, as it's hyped in the title screen.

-Boring puzzles

*2 has the worse puzzles in classic RE.

-The game does bloody tell you where to go sometimes, and it doesn't even give you a clue.

*It does, but they're subtle. The problem is exploring with bandersnatches and respawning enemies...and moths.

-Save points and item boxes are poorly placed.

*You're probably right.

-Story is awful

*Disagree.

-Boring bosses

*No more boring than RE2's, strategy wise.

-Zombies are bullet sponges, and some areas of the game are too small so you can't dodge them well.

*I feel REmake has the hardest zombies.

CV almost has no redeeming qualities at all, other than the music. 3 out of 10. I mean yea sure 6 wasn't that great either, but atleast RE6 was actually fun. CV is not.

*You're not alone. Someone gave it a 1/10.