Poll: Favorite old-school Resident Evil game

#1Vegeta1000Posted 4/26/2013 4:48:05 PM
Favorite old-school Resident Evil game - Results (85 votes)
Resident Evil (Original)
4.71% (4 votes)
Resident Evil (Remake)
30.59% (26 votes)
Resident Evil 2
31.76% (27 votes)
Resident Evil 3
15.29% (13 votes)
Resident Evil Code Veronica
12.94% (11 votes)
Resident Evil Zero
4.71% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I know how much of a love affair many of you (shouldn't have to mention any names) have with the older games so I decided to only include a poll with them. This poll only has the main games so no Outbreak1-2 or Dead Aim.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#2GoldsicklePosted 4/26/2013 5:52:38 PM
Code: VERONICA.

It's surprising how people who tell me "you don't like old school RE because you suck at it" are actually bad with Code: VERONICA, either unable to finish it or consider it the "hardest old RE".

Meanwhile, I can get A rank easily in this game.

Maybe it's these people that suck.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#3MuZemikePosted 4/26/2013 6:11:22 PM(edited)
VERONICA is the best and hardest among old-school Resident Evil games
#4DestinyKnotPosted 4/26/2013 6:20:35 PM
@ Goldsickle: ..for the majority of first timers it's declared the hardest, I noticed a lot of let's players who did a blind let's play of that game have cancelled the project due to the difficulty, basically they ****ed themselves and ran out of heals, and couldn't advance to the next area without being killed. XD
#5Coryo61827Posted 4/26/2013 7:39:14 PM
Resident evil 2 is my favorite, then code Veronica, then remake. I loved them all so much! Except for 0.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#6Keroro_2350Posted 4/26/2013 9:59:25 PM
All except RE0,the music sucks and I can't get through the mansion because I bought the Japanese version so I don't know what they want me to do and the game is very dull and boring.RE 2 and 3 were my top and then outbreak comes second because it lacks of online features and there's no main character costume. Code Veronica and remake is third on my top 3 list, both of them were really hard as they lack of ammo and I hate that you have to burn zombies or they turn into a maniac,it's really annoying because you have to carry a lighter and fuel can with you and there will be no room for keys.
#7caffiend7Posted 4/26/2013 10:12:57 PM
I like them all and I'd have to say CV is the hardest with REmake being a close second, but overall the old-school games have never been too hard. always a right balance.
#8kalibre16Posted 4/26/2013 10:24:20 PM
WELP its official I am the only one who actually prefers the ORIGINAL RE over REMAKE hell to add to that I prefer the Director's Cut over all of them

Don't get me wrong I think REmake is the definitive version of the game but something about that mansions layout just doesn't feel right to me. I get that they were trying to throw off veterans of the original but at times it just felt like they added too many red herrings

Then there's the music or rather the lack thereof sure you have some remixes of more rooms and Neptunes tank but for a lot of the game its just so quiet or somber again I get that it was going for atmosphere but I miss having a soundtrack

Finally theres the voice acting (lol) yes I realize the original was well AWFUL but its the go to of "it's so bad, its good" I don't know theres just something charming about the original that the REmake fails to capture. Don't get me wrong I don't think its a bad game its just While I've played through the original more than 20 times I could only play through the REmake once before saying "Okay I'm done with this."

As for Prefering Directors Cut over original, well I started this franchise on that very note got it for my 11th birthday "Greatest Hits: Green Label" and I always thought having the option of beginner, Original and Arranged was awesome. I never had a problem with the soundtrack as I had never heard the previous one and was genuinely scared especially with the hunters (arranged likes to throw a bunch at you)
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#9ace202020Posted 4/26/2013 11:30:53 PM
RE 2 was my favorite of the old ones. 4 different playthroughs, spooky atmosphere, good soundtrack. Code Veronica was second mainly because Claire and Chris were back. And a superhuman Wesker kicking Chis's a**.
---
The only good templar is a dead one.
#10Neutron15Posted 4/27/2013 12:13:16 AM
Remake
Zero
---
We Rise From The Dead