How to get other guns?

#1O_OPosted 4/26/2013 9:14:14 PM
I had a guy join my game with an automatic rifle at the beginning of the first chapter of Leon's campaign. How do I manage that?
---
o_O + O_o = O_O
#2ArchiantagonistPosted 4/26/2013 9:46:24 PM
1. Complete that campaign once
2. Select New Game+ from the Main Menu
3. When asked wheather you want to keep prev obtained weapons, make your choice
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#3StrangerSirKaiPosted 4/26/2013 9:59:08 PM(edited)
Actually don't select New Game+, because the question about keeping your weapons is worded extremely weirdly and I've seen people select what they think is the right answer, only to still have their inventories reset to just the starting stuff. Once you've obtained a new weapon and the game saves (when completing a chapter or passing through a loading screen to a new area), you can go to Chapter select to replay levels with that weapon.
---
Savott loves corporations everyone else hates more than I love dinosaurs. -Helix Snake
#4O_O(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 10:35:13 PM
Wait, so you're saying in order to use Leon's magnum in the earlier levels, I have to play all the way until I get it, then use level select even though I've already beaten the campaign? That's so silly. -_-
---
o_O + O_o = O_O
#5kalibre16Posted 4/26/2013 11:17:51 PM
O O posted...
Wait, so you're saying in order to use Leon's magnum in the earlier levels, I have to play all the way until I get it, then use level select even though I've already beaten the campaign? That's so silly. -_-

RE1 = Beat the game in under 3 Hours (Infinite RL)
RE2 = Get an A Rank (Infinite Rocket Launcher)
RE3 = Unlock Mercenaries, Earn enough money for weapons (Infinte everything)
RE4 = Unlock Mercenaries, Get 5 Star on all maps with everybody, Earn enough money to buy all extra weapons
RE5 = IDK but I'm sure that egg glitch exists for a reason

I guess all previous RE's were silly as well, as all of them required you to play through the game at least once before accessing the power weapons

Anyways capcom heard your pleas and appealed to you, all you have to do is go to chapter select, go to farthest right and it should take you to the end of a chapter (4 for the magnum Leon) simply beat it and you will get it despite not having found it then just go back to chapter 1 and have fun
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---