No Hope wasn't so bad after all.

#1Keroro_2350Posted 4/26/2013 10:17:08 PM
So I've complete Leon Campaign,solo with all S rank using Helena and it wasn't really that hard as what everyone was saying. I played it New Game+ so there's no carry over items and so far so never had the problem of running out of ammo yet. The bosses wasn't that tough and bullet sponge. Lepo in the church was easy once you dodge the zombie and in fact I never spent a single bullet on him. Simmons on the train was easy and T-Rex wasn't a problem expect it took some time as I run around to break crates. Fighting Simmons with Ada was the longest battle in that campaign, I was lucky to have intersected with a very good Ada player but a player join as Leon and died twice so I kick him out. Simmons final form was so far the easiest,all I need was a shotgun and I didn't even have the chance to use my magnum and he's already dead. Lepo on the plane was the hardest boss battle in Leon's campaign due to lack of space but its still really easy once you know what to do.

My playthrough on certain chapter were long because those people who join my game really sucked,all they do is using the magnum and shotgun and trigger happy but they still died.

I'm on my way on Jake Campaign using Sherry, but this time I only bring along 150 handgun ammo,55 sniper ammo and 20 magnum ammo along with a few flash grenade.I only had a handgun,sniper riffle and a magnum with me.So far I only use my handgun and it wasn't that hard,YET.

I don't even want to look on Chris campaign because that was the hardest of them all. I planned to that last with all the goodies with me.
#2kalibre16Posted 4/26/2013 10:39:06 PM
Well I hate to be the one to burst your bubble but after the January Update "No Hope" and all other difficulties received a major overhaul in which a lot of segments had their difficulty drastically reduced most notably Simmons, Ogroman, Climbing segments, Ustanak, HAOS, Raskaplange etc.....

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13686-Resident-Evil-6-Title-Update-Detailed--Adds-Ada-Co-Op--QTE-Assists-and-More.html

Adding to that you said you started WITHOUT previous ammo or anything right? (thats the way I think most people end up having trouble) Plus playing Co-op is a lot easier as well as the AI has a tendency to do stupid things (like continue fighting even though you are at the door already)

The last thing that will make this mode a little more difficult is to turn your HUD OFF believe me the lack of a marker on objectives, Weapons and Certain Enemies definitely throws you off plus it just feels better (CHOPPER SEGMENTS I'm looking at you) plus you cant see your health either lol

Again don't mean to sound like a douche or anything its just you have to account for certain things before you dismiss our experiences with NO HOPE
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#3DestinyKnotPosted 4/26/2013 10:42:29 PM
kalibre16 posted...
Well I hate to be the one to burst your bubble but

..lol
#4kalibre16Posted 4/26/2013 10:47:55 PM
ah come on I'm a nice guy, for Real lol
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#5ArchiantagonistPosted 4/26/2013 10:49:09 PM
I played through No Hope with all chars and S-Rank'ed it all too.

Leon's Campaign is really easy, especially when playing as Leon(knife is OP)
Lepo on the plane can be countered all day, without spending a single bullet
Only AI can mess that fight by shooting Lepo(and force it to release her "fog")

Chris's is mostly easy too, especially with Chris(guess what - he's got knife too)
Surprisingly I had the hardest time in his campaign at Chapter 1,
section right before entering Ace of Spades(rooftop with explosive barrels).
Then it all went smooth. Chapter 2 is very easy.
Copters in chapter 3 are easy when you're familiar with their patterns
Snake is a complete joke(like the music there though).
Chapter 4 = pure boredom. Chapter 5 = 30 min(without even rushing it)

Sherry's campaign is not all that bad either, though I must say that
the first part of Chapter 2 gave me the most trouble of all No Hope runs.
Trying to deal with snipers, while your vision is blured by the blizzard is...ugh
But after that it's all easy again.

I believe Ada's campaign is the easiest of them all...if you know what to do.
Hell, 2 out of 5 chapters(1st and 4th) you're just hiding and stealth killing.
Chapter 3 has minimum fos at the start, then easy fight with Ubistvo
and then...safe sniping from above.
Chapter 5 is 3/4 copter flight and it's nothing special.
As for "final boss", considering that enormous stock of sniper ammo
you should have by that time, it far from being at least mildly challenging
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#6Keroro_2350(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 10:51:30 PM
kalibre16 posted...
Well I hate to be the one to burst your bubble but after the January Update "No Hope" and all other difficulties received a major overhaul in which a lot of segments had their difficulty drastically reduced most notably Simmons, Ogroman, Climbing segments, Ustanak, HAOS, Raskaplange etc.....

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13686-Resident-Evil-6-Title-Update-Detailed--Adds-Ada-Co-Op--QTE-Assists-and-More.html

Adding to that you said you started WITHOUT previous ammo or anything right? (thats the way I think most people end up having trouble) Plus playing Co-op is a lot easier as well as the AI has a tendency to do stupid things (like continue fighting even though you are at the door already)

The last thing that will make this mode a little more difficult is to turn your HUD OFF believe me the lack of a marker on objectives, Weapons and Certain Enemies definitely throws you off plus it just feels better (CHOPPER SEGMENTS I'm looking at you) plus you cant see your health either lol

Again don't mean to sound like a douche or anything its just you have to account for certain things before you dismiss our experiences with NO HOPE
---

I mostly played solo, whenever there's player join my game, they'll screw things up so I had to restart. Yeah it might be nerfed but still I got S rank of all chapters , that's a little achievement for me.
#7Keroro_2350(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 2:37:21 AM
They may nerfed the bosses but still not many people can get a S rank on No Hope right ? Please give me a good answer because for a moment, I thought I was a good player until now. :(
#8AquamarinPosted 4/29/2013 6:21:12 AM
Why worry so much about what people on the internet say?
You finished the hardest mode on NG+ with the best rank possible, isn't that good enough?
In my opinion the nerfs didn't lower difficulty as much as it did remove general annoyances.
If you really want to see what it was like, you can delete game data and reinstall but don't download the patch. It should work I think, but I haven't tried.
#9skermacPosted 4/29/2013 12:46:23 PM
I beat No Hope before the update, it was twice as hard back then and challenging. Now it's too easy. The update ruined it but too many casual players complained it was too hard for them to beat. Always got to cater to casual players.
#10Keroro_2350(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 3:29:11 PM
skermac posted...
I beat No Hope before the update, it was twice as hard back then and challenging. Now it's too easy. The update ruined it but too many casual players complained it was too hard for them to beat. Always got to cater to casual players.

I beat Leon's first 2 chapter on No Hope before the update once with NG+ and I don't find any differences between both updates one and the before update ones, it's still quite easy.
Besides, some bosses didn't nerfed as weak as you guys stated,I'll still need almost the same amount of bombs and firearms to deal the whooper and the Lepo.