No Hope wasn't so bad after all.

#11kalibre16Posted 4/29/2013 5:05:37 PM
skermac posted...
I beat No Hope before the update, it was twice as hard back then and challenging. Now it's too easy. The update ruined it but too many casual players complained it was too hard for them to beat. Always got to cater to casual players.

While I don't feel it got TOO easy, the difficulty was definitely scaled back enough for almost anyone who played from Dec 17 to January 22 to take notice I remember beating both Leon's and Chris's with Helena and Piers and having a hell of a time doing so, to the point of having one health block, one herb and no ammo in my inventory

Come the update and I play with Leon and Chris and Suddenly I have a full stock of ammo, herbs waiting to be mixed and Full health, if anything else you have to admit Simmons was nerfed heavily from nearly having to break the controller with the QTE to barely breaking a sweat

Unfortunately there really is no way to test this (unless someone still has their 1.3 data in tact) as if you delete the game data it will take you back to 1.0 and if you update it will take you to the current 1.6 (1.0 didn't have No hope so...) but you can compare the two pros even that would highlight some of the changes they did

I actually plan to do this soon showcasing a non-updated XBOX version to my current PS3 one (dont want to lose my data lol) I'm just waiting till school's out (CUNY) and then I need to get a capture device and I'll be set
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#12Keroro_2350(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 3:43:33 AM
kalibre16 posted...
skermac posted...
I beat No Hope before the update, it was twice as hard back then and challenging. Now it's too easy. The update ruined it but too many casual players complained it was too hard for them to beat. Always got to cater to casual players.

While I don't feel it got TOO easy, the difficulty was definitely scaled back enough for almost anyone who played from Dec 17 to January 22 to take notice I remember beating both Leon's and Chris's with Helena and Piers and having a hell of a time doing so, to the point of having one health block, one herb and no ammo in my inventory

Come the update and I play with Leon and Chris and Suddenly I have a full stock of ammo, herbs waiting to be mixed and Full health, if anything else you have to admit Simmons was nerfed heavily from nearly having to break the controller with the QTE to barely breaking a sweat

Unfortunately there really is no way to test this (unless someone still has their 1.3 data in tact) as if you delete the game data it will take you back to 1.0 and if you update it will take you to the current 1.6 (1.0 didn't have No hope so...) but you can compare the two pros even that would highlight some of the changes they did

I actually plan to do this soon showcasing a non-updated XBOX version to my current PS3 one (dont want to lose my data lol) I'm just waiting till school's out (CUNY) and then I need to get a capture device and I'll be set
---

Actually I really think that they only nerfed the bosses. Like I said, I played No Hope before the update and I don't find insufficient ammo or herbs before. Maybe they only nerfed QTE and bosses difficulty the rest is almost the same. I still get the same amount of ammo I got before and after the update.

It wasn't also THAT hard like twice the difficulty I think, I played it before and the only difference is that I found was Simmons battle was really shorten that's all. Lepo actually stays the same because I remember the first time I played No Hope without the update, I used up 6 remote bombs, 7 magnum ammo and 6 coup de grace. After update, I used up 9 remote bombs along with 9 coup de grace. See, not everything is nerfed .
#13WhitevicePosted 4/30/2013 5:28:16 AM
Aquamarin posted...
Why worry so much about what people on the internet say?
You finished the hardest mode on NG+ with the best rank possible, isn't that good enough?
In my opinion the nerfs didn't lower difficulty as much as it did remove general annoyances.
If you really want to see what it was like, you can delete game data and reinstall but don't download the patch. It should work I think, but I haven't tried.

I don't think you can do this, since No Hope was not in the original game. Professional was the original hardest difficulty.
#14AquamarinPosted 4/30/2013 6:40:08 AM
Whitevice posted...
Aquamarin posted...
If you really want to see what it was like, you can delete game data and reinstall but don't download the patch. It should work I think, but I haven't tried.

I don't think you can do this, since No Hope was not in the original game. Professional was the original hardest difficulty.

You're completely right, I forgot...
Still, I remember the pre-patch Professional Simmons melee prompt being roughly the same on No Hope. Should be good enough for an impression of what that was like.
#15ArchiantagonistPosted 4/30/2013 1:22:19 PM
Aquamarin posted...
Whitevice posted...
Aquamarin posted...

Still, I remember the pre-patch Professional Simmons melee prompt being roughly the same on No Hope. Should be good enough for an impression of what that was like.

On pre-patched Professional difficulty 2 remote bombs were not enough
to transform Simmons back into human(train fight).
On No Hope 1 does the job and he needs only about 3 remotes + CDG overall to finish that phase.
The first fight with him in chapter 5(T-Rex) was also significantly shortened.
Otherwise I haven't noticed much difference in other places.
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#16Keroro_2350(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 9:54:50 PM
Archiantagonist posted...
Aquamarin posted...
Whitevice posted...
Aquamarin posted...

On pre-patched Professional difficulty 2 remote bombs were not enough
to transform Simmons back into human(train fight).
On No Hope 1 does the job and he needs only about 3 remotes + CDG overall to finish that phase.
The first fight with him in chapter 5(T-Rex) was also significantly shortened.
Otherwise I haven't noticed much difference in other places.

I believe that they just nerfed some bosses and QTE because everyone was complaining how QTE was so hard and Simmons boss was long. Everything pretty much stay the same , you still lost a health block by 2 bullets of HMG and they didn't increase the rate of ammo spawning.