what happened with steve's ... "spoilers"

#11edward18Posted 4/29/2013 10:32:36 AM
it'd be hard not to ^_^ Return of the Joker is my favorite Batman movie of all time. Boris Karloff fingers.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#12ElusionM_08Posted 4/29/2013 12:25:14 PM
The fact Steve was never confirmed "dead for good", but rather left with a strong possibility of coming back alive especially by the mouth of someone who himself came back from the dead.

Capcom has open ground with Steve. They can easily bring him back and say "Remember when we had Wesker say he might come back?" "We never really killed him off".

Sherry had been MIA longer than Steve yet she came back. Steve's return is still easily possible, all Capcom has to do is make a good story for him linking back to the CVX scenario.
---
Chris and Leon Bromance - October 2nd 2012
#13edward18Posted 4/29/2013 12:27:14 PM
Oh...my...god...ELUSION?! Is that really you?! *glomps* Oh my ****ing god he's back folks!
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#14TurduckenPosted 4/29/2013 6:58:44 PM
Steve's return is still easily possible, all Capcom has to do is make a good story for him linking back to the CVX scenario.

It's Capcom. They don't even have to do that much.

"Steve! I thought you were dead!"

"Nope."
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#15Dark__ThronePosted 4/29/2013 7:37:47 PM
I do think it would be cool to see him come back from the dead and reunite with Claire (it'd be a reason for Claire to be back into the plot.)

But the reason I can't see him ever coming back is because a large majority of the RE fanbase despises him.
#16slapper1Posted 4/29/2013 9:52:16 PM
edward18 posted...

I highly doubt he's gonna come back.

Good for you?

Steve's body never had a conclusive ending, all that we know is that Wesker's team took his body for experimental purposes and that he may come back similar to Wesker (highly doubtful). In short, considering it's been about 13 years since Steve was taken by Wesker, I highly doubt we will see him again, similar to Barry, Billy, Ark, Rebecca, Sheva and many other RE characters that have simply dropped off the radar.

We finally got Sherry after all this time.

You make a valid point my dear Watson. I suppose it is possible that Steve could reappear (I really want to see some closure for his character) despite the massive time lag considering Sherry came back as a freaking main character (to which I was originally so shocked that my head exploded at the mere idea that Capcom actually brought her back after so many years). Well maybe we'll get lucky, who knows.
---
When facing a zombie apocalypse, don't join up with a group. Why? Because you'll end up blowing your own head off due to all the pointless drama caused within.
#17good_tobiPosted 4/30/2013 12:40:41 AM
Dark__Throne posted...

But the reason I can't see him ever coming back is because a large majority of the RE fanbase despises him.

This is something new to me. And why?

Most of fans haven't even played CV and don't know about Steve.
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#18Dark__ThronePosted 4/30/2013 1:13:18 AM
good_tobi posted...
Dark__Throne posted...

This is something new to me. And why?

Most of fans haven't even played CV and don't know about Steve.

I see a s*** ton of Steve hate in CV discussions. Even in a Steve topic he generally gets hated by alot of people.

I feel like I'm of the few people that actually did like him in CV -.-
#19DestinyKnotPosted 4/30/2013 1:16:43 AM
I wonder if it could be because of his obnoxious voice actor? o_O;
..surely he's likeable in Darkside Chronicles at least [=
#20Dark__ThronePosted 4/30/2013 1:19:23 AM
DestinyKnot posted...
I wonder if it could be because of his obnoxious voice actor? o_O;
..surely he's likeable in Darkside Chronicles at least [=

I don't actually think his voice was that annoying. He sounds stupidly weird at first and he DOES sound very obnoxious at the start when he's acting like a turd.

But he isn't that bad during the 2nd half of the game when he isn't being an ass.