[POLL] Prerendered Backgrounds

#1GoldsicklePosted 4/29/2013 3:47:11 PM
Should Latest RE Games Include Prerendered Backgrounds? - Results (121 votes)
Yes, it should have prerendered backgrounds (RE, RE2, RE3)
19.01% (23 votes)
No, it should have fully-rendered backgrounds but fixed camera (RE Code: VERONICA, RE: Outbreak)
19.01% (23 votes)
No, it should have an over-the-shoulder camera (RE5, RE6, RE: Revelations)
61.98% (75 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Should this old, outdated, irrelevant work-around make a 'glorious return' anytime soon?
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#2edward18Posted 4/29/2013 3:48:58 PM(edited)
I chose the "I Don't Care" choice.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3DaikinbakujuPosted 4/29/2013 3:53:07 PM
edward18 posted...

If you want to prove that "most of us wants the old gameplay back", it's now or never.
#4DestinyKnotPosted 4/29/2013 3:54:46 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5shotgunheadshotPosted 4/29/2013 4:32:22 PM
Sorry Gold, I voted Yes by accident. I thought it meant you could still play with the current over shoulder way but with pre rendered backdrops for graphics.

But they could have always easily updated the old gameplay style in a new way. The series never really needed the over the shoulder view. With new technology the gameplay could have always had those angles with updated graphics and game mechanics. The shoulder shooter view was a money scam to get people to play the series more. It was not needed,really.
#6edward18Posted 4/29/2013 5:04:55 PM
What's this have to do with gameplay? This is the type of graphics that's being discussed.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#7SunburstPosted 4/29/2013 5:08:53 PM
As much as I loved the prerendered backgrounds of REmake, I think they should probably stay in the past.
---
There can be only one.
#8DestinyKnotPosted 4/29/2013 5:17:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 4/29/2013 6:38:28 PM
Daikinbakuju posted...
edward18 posted...

If you want to prove that "most of us wants the old gameplay back", it's now or never.

Well this is the RE6 board, not the general RE board so most of you here should like the new style better.

Anyway I don't care either, I just want them to drop this Hollywood action garbage and go back to slow paced horror oriented gameplay. If they do a remake of RE2 or 3 I think they should remake it in the old graphical and camera style but besides that they can do whatever as long as it's scary.
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#10jpv2000Posted 4/30/2013 5:45:16 AM
Sunburst posted...
As much as I loved the prerendered backgrounds of REmake, I think they should probably stay in the past.

^This^ We have advanced beyond the need for such backgrounds for a game to look great today.
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)