All resident evil main characters seem to be superhuman

#1-Shinobier-Posted 4/29/2013 6:50:05 PM
It wasn't like this from RE 1 to 3 but since 4 or something, Leon, Claire, Chris etc became super human and super intellect. They can withstand brutal attacks of powerful bow and sent to fly 30 ft and still get up without a scratch. On top of that, they seem to know everything about everything like Macguyver. Did they all injected themselves with some sort of super human drug like Wesker or what? If you watch resident evil 3d animation, they can withstand tyrant blow like nothing. Here, I just saw Chris getting pawned by huge bow in end of mission 2 and still in one piece. These brutes can break iron bars and concret wall and Chris can withstand that without breaking his skins and bones? wtf.. everything has gotten out of hand now.
---
I7 3930K | ASUS Rampage IV Formula | 16GB G.Skill DDR3 2133 | GTX 680 SLI | OCZ Vertex 3 240GB | Corsair 1200W Gold | Thermaltake Level 10 GT | Asus VG278H 3D
#2SunburstPosted 4/29/2013 6:57:29 PM
They fall over pretty easily though.
---
There can be only one.
#3edward18Posted 4/29/2013 7:27:54 PM
Yeah, that's one of the things I despise 4 for.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#44eversnow10Posted 4/29/2013 7:29:41 PM
Capcom. Animation. Games. Technology. Whatever.
---
There's no greater weapon than a prepared mind.
#5edward18Posted 4/29/2013 7:54:45 PM
...what are you even saying?
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#64eversnow10Posted 4/29/2013 7:56:04 PM
Words that are relative.
---
There's no greater weapon than a prepared mind.
#7edward18Posted 4/29/2013 8:12:19 PM
....to what? What's animation or technology have to do with "superhumaning" the characters?
---
#8Dark_EpathyPosted 4/29/2013 10:37:23 PM
Jill can take a rocket to the face in RE3 no problem. Hell, getting your throat ripped out by a zombie should be lethal. : P

Which is simply to say that what we're looking at are gameplay conventions. Getting punched by a Tyrant should pretty much kill you, but it doesn't because that would suck having literally no margin of error.

I will agree that the action has been elevated in recent games, but withstanding huge hits has been there from the beginning.
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#9TurduckenPosted 4/29/2013 10:40:55 PM
Which is simply to say that what we're looking at are gameplay conventions. Getting punched by a Tyrant should pretty much kill you, but it doesn't because that would suck having literally no margin of error.

There's gameplay separation like the thing you describe, but the opening posts references how Leon more or less shrugs off a punch from a Tyrant in Degeneration. One that flings him against a stone pillar. Not only does he not suffer any kind of broken bones/internal bleeding/what have you, he's up and fighting again in like 30 seconds.
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#10edward18Posted 4/29/2013 10:55:26 PM
G-Mutant

But yes. That really pissed me off.
---