Chris vs leon scene

#31caffiend7Posted 5/1/2013 12:20:54 AM
sbn4 posted...
Though with RE5 Chris, you're right. Seeing how quickly Jill disarmed him (Irrelevant that she was dosed with P3, she could have done all that anyway), RE5 Chris has no chance against Leon from RE4.

This is irrelevant not because of the P30, but because Chris doesn't even fight. Watch the cutscenes again. When Jill is "disarming" him, Chris doesn't resist or try to fight back. While Jill knows what she's doing, she is not reluctant to attack her lover, where as Chris obviously can't bring himself to hurt Jill. He keeps trying to reason with her even when she has him in a submission hold. And RE5 Chris having no chance against Leon or Jill is pretty laughable. I'm not claiming to know how a fantasy battle would turn out, but many files claim Chris to be a more than proficient fighter and one of the best members of the BSAA in terms of physical prowess.

Honestly, these character battles are silly. But even with my Chris bias, I still think Chris would take Leon. He's been more experienced and he's a lot stronger physically. People who say he's "slow" should note the cutscene where the B52 was taking off and Chris reaches the bomber before Sheva. Also, despite Leon getting the drop on Chris in China, Chris still held his own and didn't get overtaken.

I stopped reading when you said "lover" when was it ever said or stated Chris and Jill are lovers? Get that shipping BS outta here
#32sbn4Posted 5/1/2013 3:19:09 AM(edited)
Learn to look before you post. I already said I was joking. Yeesh.

And despite me making several other noteworthy points, lets just disregard it all because of one inconsequential tidbit. Why do people get all bent out of shape over such a small thing? :/
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#33parkourboybryanPosted 5/1/2013 7:31:40 AM
I still agree with you SBN4. However, in my experience, Speed and Agility will always trump physical strength. Having said that, I think the best fighters (non-super powered) are as follows:

Jill>Ada>Chris>Leon>Sheva=Helena>Josh>Piers

Chris may look slow, but as a couple of Cutscenes in RE5 and 6 show, he's extremely quick despite that bulk. Sheva and Helena are agile, but they don't compare to Jill or Ada, and Josh and Piers are just "there".
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#34jsquad4136Posted 5/1/2013 9:02:26 AM
'OH BOY!

A fan war!

*sits lonely in VIP room with popcorn and pizza*

...it's just not as fun alone....'

You bring the pizza and popcorn and I will bring the strippers. And basementdude is one of the strippers, naturally.
---
"I haven't been a child since I was 9 years old."
#35largerockPosted 5/1/2013 12:01:56 PM
FINALLY SOMEBODY!

Come in friend!
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#36RekoisCoolPosted 5/1/2013 1:54:23 PM
saleonkennedy posted...
GaroN7 posted...
saleonkennedy posted...
Well we decided that ultimately, it would be a tie..

Who would get the most women if they were walking down the street.

Stop, just stop.

Its quite obvious you have a hard on for Leon. The only reason why you make these lame vs topics is so you can see Leon massively curbstomp Chris in a vs topic due to being more popular.
Quite the contrary. I relish the competition between the two. I do respect chris and like him as a character. Why would I have an erection over a character on a video game?

Sure i enjoy making these topics due to the slow activity of the board. If you dont want to participate in the topic, you can go to another topic of your choice.

On topic: leon would win with that hair of his.

I don't know about you, but I get a hardon having naughty thoughts about a real life Chris having his way with me...
#37saleonkennedy(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 1:59:08 PM
RekoisCool posted...
saleonkennedy posted...
GaroN7 posted...
saleonkennedy posted...
Well we decided that ultimately, it would be a tie..

Who would get the most women if they were walking down the street.

Stop, just stop.

Its quite obvious you have a hard on for Leon. The only reason why you make these lame vs topics is so you can see Leon massively curbstomp Chris in a vs topic due to being more popular.
Quite the contrary. I relish the competition between the two. I do respect chris and like him as a character. Why would I have an erection over a character on a video game?

Sure i enjoy making these topics due to the slow activity of the board. If you dont want to participate in the topic, you can go to another topic of your choice.

On topic: leon would win with that hair of his.

I don't know about you, but I get a hardon having naughty thoughts about a real life Chris having his way with me...
Did you mean leon?
---
gamertag: Leon Kennedy I2
Don't speak evil of someone you don't know for certain, and if you do know ask yourself, why am I telling it?-Johann Kasper Lavater
#38sbn4Posted 5/1/2013 3:59:53 PM
I still agree with you SBN4. However, in my experience, Speed and Agility will always trump physical strength. Having said that, I think the best fighters (non-super powered) are as follows:

Speed and agility trump physical strength? Try telling that to the Hulk. :p

The thing is, I don't think Jill has really shown any kind of agility outside of RE5, and only in Desperate Escape. I still find it hard to believe that someone as weary as Jill was is able to do head grabs and flip kicks. I think that was mainly done for obvious gameplay reasons thoguh. And honestly, Chris might not be as nimble as most, but he does have pretty fast reflexes in a few cutscenes. For instance the laser scene in UC or CQC combat with Leon in RE6.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#39TurduckenPosted 5/1/2013 4:10:30 PM
Hey, the Hulk's pretty fast...
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#40saleonkennedy(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 4:22:50 PM
sbn4 posted...

Speed and agility trump physical strength? Try telling that to the Hulk. :p

The thing is, I don't think Jill has really shown any kind of agility outside of RE5, and only in Desperate Escape. I still find it hard to believe that someone as weary as Jill was is able to do head grabs and flip kicks. I think that was mainly done for obvious gameplay reasons thoguh. And honestly, Chris might not be as nimble as most, but he does have pretty fast reflexes in a few cutscenes. For instance the laser scene in UC or CQC combat with Leon in RE6.
Hulk as in marvel hulk? He is too op. Leon could probably take him tho.
---
gamertag: Leon Kennedy I2
Don't speak evil of someone you don't know for certain, and if you do know ask yourself, why am I telling it?-Johann Kasper Lavater