Things to add in RE7. Do you agree with me? *RE5 spoilers*

#1D_Lewis21Posted 4/30/2013 5:29:38 PM
Do you agree that everything I mentioned should not be included? - Results (22 votes)
Yes
50% (11 votes)
No
50% (11 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm a huge RE fan and have been since the release, as well as a big fan of survival horror. I like the direction that the series is taking and think the following could help it evolve even further in a sequel:

1) Albert Wesker to be revived. This can be done using cyborg technology and make him really strong. He can then become even more powerful and terrifying by injecting himself with a virus and becoming some super cyborg mutant enemy.

2) Human enemies. We should be able to fight terrorists who are behind organizations, like the family. Why force scenes to inject them with a virus before fighting them?

3) Optional FPS view. This can be turned on and off a la MGS4.

4) Running and shooting. It was a big step to introduce moving and shooting into the main series so to further improve this we should also be able to move and shoot.

5) A jump and crouch feature. Nothing too extreme. Just something so that we don't have to climb ledges and stuff all the time or crawl through everything.

6) Lock-on feature. We should be able to lock on to enemies and auto-aim.

7) Have a button we can assign to throwing grenades so that we don't have to mess with the inventory every time.

8) More weapon variety and add-ons such as stun grenades and claymores, silencers etc.

I would love if the next Resident Evil included all of that. A long shot, but hopefully a Capcom executive might read this to get some idea of what the fans want in the next installment.
---
Man U - England's most successful ever club
Robin van Perfect FTW!!http://i.imgur.com/76G0KSg.jpg
#2edward18Posted 4/30/2013 5:32:13 PM
1) Albert Wesker to be revived.

**** no! Leave the ****er dead! There's nothing to bring back after 5! Don't let him ruin anymore crap by coming back again!

This can be done using cyborg technology and make him really strong. He can then become even more powerful and terrifying by injecting himself with a virus and becoming some super cyborg mutant enemy.

Again, no.

2) Human enemies. We should be able to fight terrorists who are behind organizations, like the family. Why force scenes to inject them with a virus before fighting them?

No. That crap is part of what makes 4-onwards so damn crappy. It shouldn't be about fighting actual wars. It should be isolated incidents and such.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3TurduckenPosted 4/30/2013 5:48:56 PM
1) Albert Wesker to be revived.

Absolutely not. That lame ass shouldn't have come back the first time. Follow up on the Alex Wesker subplot if you absolutely have to have a Wesker in RE (and apparently Capcom does, unfortunately). Better still to have new, interesting villains.

Sure, if done in moderation. Very careful moderation.

3) Optional FPS view. This can be turned on and off a la MGS4.

Eh. Take it or leave it. Think it works as a sniper rifle thing, but if they added it I wouldn't really care.

4) Running and shooting. It was a big step to introduce moving and shooting into the main series so to further improve this we should also be able to move and shoot.

As long as your accuracy suffers accordingly for it, sure why not.

5) A jump and crouch feature. Nothing too extreme. Just something so that we don't have to climb ledges and stuff all the time or crawl through everything.

Context-sensitive actions seem to cover this fine. I don't think RE needs dedicated controls for jumping or crouching. It's not a platformer.

6) Lock-on feature. We should be able to lock on to enemies and auto-aim.

Nah. That was good in the old days due to the camera angles, but there's no need for it now.

7) Have a button we can assign to throwing grenades so that we don't have to mess with the inventory every time.

Not strictly for grenades, but a sub-item button would be fine to slot a grenade/FAS/herb/whatever.

8) More weapon variety and add-ons such as stun grenades and claymores, silencers etc.

I guess. As long as this feature (and the others you've suggested) aren't excuses to make it Action Movie: The Game again.
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#4dragon7x2kPosted 4/30/2013 6:30:02 PM
I only read the Wesker part, but no. If you are gonna kill a character don't ever bring it back to life, if so, why did you bother killing it? Also Wesker already "died" once, reviving him again would just make every death from him completely meaningless.

I would prefer for Capcom to write a good villain instead of going for the creative bankrupt route.
---
Hardcore Monster Destroyer
http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae100/dragonqki7/Forums/Bayonettasig.png
#5largerockPosted 4/30/2013 8:05:24 PM
D_Lewis21 posted...
Albert Wesker to be revived

Stopped right there and voted no.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#6DestinyKnotPosted 4/30/2013 8:23:31 PM
largerock posted...
D_Lewis21 posted...

"Do you agree that everything I mentioned should not be included?"

He trolled you XD
..unless you meant you wanted Wesker revived >.>
#7SolidStryderPosted 4/30/2013 8:29:40 PM
DestinyKnot posted...
largerock posted...
D_Lewis21 posted...

He trolled you XD

TCs the same dolt who made that poll about Adas campaign a while back. Needs a new gimmick.
#8largerockPosted 4/30/2013 8:31:51 PM
DestinyKnot posted...
largerock posted...
D_Lewis21 posted...

He trolled you XD

!?

*shifts head quickly around page seeing if true*

Oh....lord....

Well....I am thoroughly trolled. I tip my hat to TC.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#9TurduckenPosted 4/30/2013 8:40:43 PM
I didn't vote because polls are stupid, and because his question is misleading. And even if it wasn't it's an everything-or-nothing BS poll.
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#10Coryo61827Posted 4/30/2013 10:05:28 PM
You sir, should never write scripts for games. Everything I read just sounded horrible, lol.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9