Did she really die? *spoilers*

#11Cartwheel_KickPosted 5/8/2013 11:20:37 AM
skermac topic
---
You're going to die one day. You'll disappear completely, forever.
#12sevil_yelimsPosted 5/9/2013 6:48:03 PM
To be honest I was looking to make a similar topic. We know the series is ultimately about the dead coming back to life. Hell, even Wesker came back a few games after his death and retroactively brought back to the series with a virus.

In this case people saw the tombstone at the end and just figured Deborah Harper is dead, but I'm not entirely convinced.

The C-virus showed a lot of power in regenerating a host and giving them amazing strength, agility and endurance.

I think given what we've seen Deborah accomplish in her mutated state that it would be entirely possible for her to survive that drop. Given that she fades from the shadow we never see how far down the cavern goes. And eventually Leon and Helena reach water at a point after that chapter so a water source could have been below.

It brings to mind a theory that Deborah could come back if she survived her fall. If she did then she would still be in those caverns, which may or may not have been affected by the decimation of Tall Oaks (since Leon and Helena were unaffected during the purge once they reached the exit).

We also don't know much about Deborah's transformation, but she seemed very excited about her mutated form and quite determined to track her sister through the events of the boss battle.
---
I want it all.
#13ArchiantagonistPosted 5/13/2013 12:05:40 AM
On the other hand DebOrah was stupid enough to get herself dragged
into vehicle section(mine cart)...with Leon...so, yeah...we won't see her anytime soon))
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#14YermomHoudiniPosted 5/13/2013 12:35:30 AM
carla is a giant pool of goo, ada only blew up part of it with the freeze tank.
---
Injustice 2 - MORE flooding Batman cast among playables
Toy Story 4 trailer, best movie 2015? youtu.be/PGuTN_ilmEk
#15Neutron15Posted 5/13/2013 1:34:55 AM
saleonkennedy posted...
Archiantagonist posted...
Did Simmons really die?
Did Carla really die?
Did Ustanak really die?
Did Jake's mom really die?

Yes.
No
Yes
Yes

they are all dead
---
I SUPPORT RESIDENT EVIL 3 REMAKE (REVELATIONS STYLE)
#16riddlebox89Posted 5/13/2013 2:01:46 AM
sevil_yelims posted...
To be honest I was looking to make a similar topic. We know the series is ultimately about the dead coming back to life. Hell, even Wesker came back a few games after his death and retroactively brought back to the series with a virus.

In this case people saw the tombstone at the end and just figured Deborah Harper is dead, but I'm not entirely convinced.

The C-virus showed a lot of power in regenerating a host and giving them amazing strength, agility and endurance.

I think given what we've seen Deborah accomplish in her mutated state that it would be entirely possible for her to survive that drop. Given that she fades from the shadow we never see how far down the cavern goes. And eventually Leon and Helena reach water at a point after that chapter so a water source could have been below.

It brings to mind a theory that Deborah could come back if she survived her fall. If she did then she would still be in those caverns, which may or may not have been affected by the decimation of Tall Oaks (since Leon and Helena were unaffected during the purge once they reached the exit).

We also don't know much about Deborah's transformation, but she seemed very excited about her mutated form and quite determined to track her sister through the events of the boss battle.

But you have to consider the fact that Wesker is the only character to have actually died and come back later.

And then you have to also consider that the city was nuked, so depending on whether or not the area she was in was close enough to get caught in the all consuming mushroom cloud asplosion, which would have most likely killed her the same way the nuke they dropped on Raccoon City most likely killed Lisa Trevor who has similar regenerative abilities thanks to her being experimented on to all high hell.

Or if she wasn't actually caught in the explosion, there's the radiation from the blast that may have killed her, but seeing as we have never seen a BOW that was irradiated and survived I'd put that chance at a 50/50.

Or she could have been impaled on something down that hole and her regenerative abilities were unable to restore her completely.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#17sevil_yelimsPosted 5/13/2013 8:24:28 PM(edited)
riddlebox89 posted...
sevil_yelims posted...

But you have to consider the fact that Wesker is the only character to have actually died and come back later.

And then you have to also consider that the city was nuked, so depending on whether or not the area she was in was close enough to get caught in the all consuming mushroom cloud asplosion, which would have most likely killed her the same way the nuke they dropped on Raccoon City most likely killed Lisa Trevor who has similar regenerative abilities thanks to her being experimented on to all high hell.

Or if she wasn't actually caught in the explosion, there's the radiation from the blast that may have killed her, but seeing as we have never seen a BOW that was irradiated and survived I'd put that chance at a 50/50.

Or she could have been impaled on something down that hole and her regenerative abilities were unable to restore her completely.

Wesker wasn't the only one. And I'm not speaking in just in literal terms but also presumption of a character's death till their next appearance. Basic enemies such as the Zombies are technically the undead brought back to life through the T-virus. Then you have people such as Birkin, Lisa, Rachel, etc. who seemingly die and then come back each time; some cases with a stronger form.

You have characters like Ada and Krauser who are presumed dead only to later show up.

I've also covered the decimation of tall Oaks. Deborah wasn't that far away from Leon and Helena's location which was on the outskirts of where the town was nuked; deep within the caverns. If Leon and Helena remain unaffected by the radiation then the same could be said for Deborah. It could also be argued that the C-Virus regenerates and Deborah was noted for being very strong. So since we never see her actually die it could be very possible that she survived her fall and is living within the mines. In the Resident Evil Remake Lisa Trevor was believed to be dead when she dropped in the bottomless pit, but Umbrella Chronicles expanded upon that by having her survive to face Wesker right before the mansion explodes. So bringing her back is possible.

I always took Deborah's funeral as an attempt for Helena to move on. She tried to bring some sense into her sister after her transformation, but nothing was getting through to her. Helena let go because it she no longer saw her sister in the creature that was trying to kill her. To Helena, her sister died the moment she burst into flames. What came out of the chrysalid was something else.
---
I want it all.