I think Helena should've.... *SPOILERS*

#1m100t1sPosted 5/7/2013 12:00:49 PM
I think Helena should've died in the original script for RE6? The prologue made me curious about this.
And I do wish they killed her anyway.
#2KonaseRitsukoPosted 5/7/2013 12:09:09 PM
Me too, me too... How unfortunate someone like Piers got traded off with that hideous thing.
---
Tanga amputa!
#3jsquad4136Posted 5/7/2013 1:54:32 PM
KonaseRitsuko posted...
Me too, me too... How unfortunate someone like Piers got traded off with that hideous thing.

What's funny is that I KNEW you would comment something like that about her. :p And I agree, albeit for different reasons. Helena indirectly has blood on her hands. She never really does much to 'redeem' herself. Oh sure you could argue that she helped stop Simmons but she was motivated purely by revenge. Hell her last lines regarding him are 'That's for my sister.'

She could have at least decline being accepted back into her old job. Hell I sure wouldn't be able to show my face to people I betrayed no matter what my reasons. Instead they kill off the one guy that might have been a decent replacement for Chris in future games.

Part of what made Chris a better character in this game more than usual was because he had the more level headed Piers to help bring him back down to our level. Well they just screwed up their chance at giving Chris more depth.

Hell what pisses me off about the game is that they gave a nobody character like Helena's sister a burial and all Piers gets is a....memorial steak? You'd have had about as much chance of finding the sister's body in that tomb as you would finding Piers in the underwater lab. Where was his funeral?

Typical Capcom and their idiot logic behind their story telling. This game wasn't even 'cheesy' like the older ones were, it was just downright atrocious like the majority of the game.
---
"I haven't been a child since I was 9 years old."
#4good_tobiPosted 5/7/2013 2:30:30 PM
Well according to prologue, I expected her to die or Leon to continue all alone and co-op with Ada according to spoilers back then here in gamefaqs where it said Leon and Ada are together in final boss battle with "chaser", but I never expected her to be fit and running as soon as she got "herb".

And I don't think she should have died. Her ending was good.
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#5dillpickle69Posted 5/7/2013 3:05:05 PM
The only protagonists I believe should have died was Chris and that's it. Chris has had his day and he got all the closure he needed in RE5, there is literally no reason he should be in any RE game that takes place after 5.
---
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/4589412067_e501411c4f.jpg
http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=dillpickle61
#6siberian142Posted 5/7/2013 9:42:07 PM(edited)
jsquad4136 posted...
KonaseRitsuko posted...

What's funny is that I KNEW you would comment something like that about her. :p And I agree, albeit for different reasons. Helena indirectly has blood on her hands. She never really does much to 'redeem' herself. Oh sure you could argue that she helped stop Simmons but she was motivated purely by revenge. Hell her last lines regarding him are 'That's for my sister.'

She could have at least decline being accepted back into her old job. Hell I sure wouldn't be able to show my face to people I betrayed no matter what my reasons. Instead they kill off the one guy that might have been a decent replacement for Chris in future games.

Hell what pisses me off about the game is that they gave a nobody character like Helena's sister a burial and all Piers gets is a....memorial steak? You'd have had about as much chance of finding the sister's body in that tomb as you would finding Piers in the underwater lab. Where was his funeral?

She did those things because she loved her sister. She was faced with the decision of either helping Simmons bypass the security for some reason or refusing and getting her sister, and perhaps her, killed (nobody would believe a problem child like Helena when she tells them that Simmons was responsible if she did report his actions). A lot of people would do similar acts when faced with that decision because their family or friends mean a lot to them. Besides, she had second thoughts and tried to convince the Secret Service that the president was in danger, but they didn't believe her. Though she was responsible, she did try to correct her mistake and she assisted Leon in taking down transformers Simmons. Sure her motivations were selfish, but that is what it means to be human, we're imperfect.

Why? They decided that the circumstances didn't make her guilty. She also helped uncover part of the truth behind the bio-hazard outbreak and assisted in killing a giant dog-t-rex-fly that would have likely caused countless more casualties if left alone.

They likely found neither body, especially Piers'. The lab blew up, flooded and was covered in the perhaps infectious remains of Haos. He probably got an empty casket funeral. Why didn't they show it? Because Pier's was there to motivate Chris to keep going and his ending signified that. Deborah was an unfortunate causality that fueled Helena's need for revenge. Now that that's happened, she and her sister needed closure.
#7sbn4Posted 5/7/2013 10:23:59 PM
Amazing how fans want to kill off the only characters in the game who have any real human motivations in the game. And then they will turn around and complain that there are no good characters in the series.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#8gamestop27Posted 5/7/2013 10:44:52 PM
It's a good thing she wasn't killed off.
---
The one weakness of any protagonist or hero-like character is a Cut Scene.~ KaiserNeko
#9Plant42Posted 5/7/2013 10:51:37 PM
sbn4 posted...
Amazing how fans want to kill off the only characters in the game who have any real human motivations in the game. And then they will turn around and complain that there are no good characters in the series.

So no one else has any human motivations huh?
#10sbn4Posted 5/7/2013 10:54:49 PM
So no one else has any human motivations huh?

Compared to the rest of the cast Helena's and Chris' are definitely the most relatable. Sherry would probably come up third. The rest I can take or leave.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."