I think Helena should've.... *SPOILERS*

#11jsquad4136Posted 5/8/2013 2:31:57 AM
'Amazing how fans want to kill off the only characters in the game who have any real human motivations in the game. And then they will turn around and complain that there are no good characters in the series.'

Amazing how low some people's standards are for what makes an interesting character....
Helena has ONE 'character trait' about her. She loves her sister. Big deal. She shows NO signs of ever wanting to lift a finger to help anyone else. She doesn't even want to take 3 seconds to help a lady off a subway.

She has the personality of an eraser. Hell she never even talks about her sister after she dies. There is NOTHING intriguing about Helena. Sure she could have been given some emotional value but Capcom did nothing with her.

Yeah you're right, she is SUCH a great addition to the RE series. >.< How dare we want such a compelling character do be done away with. Steve was given more depth than that woman and he ends up dying in the end. It was great closure for him. He goes from being a cocky screw up to having the willpower to fight off the virus and save Claire. He changed. Helena never does anything to change. And you call her a 'human' character?
---
"I haven't been a child since I was 9 years old."
#12SolidStryderPosted 5/8/2013 2:57:11 AM
Talks about other peoples low standards.

Brings up Steve. I lol'd.
#13sbn4Posted 5/8/2013 4:26:10 AM
Amazing how low some people's standards are for what makes an interesting character....
Helena has ONE 'character trait' about her. She loves her sister. Big deal. She shows NO signs of ever wanting to lift a finger to help anyone else. She doesn't even want to take 3 seconds to help a lady off a subway.

Nowhere did I mention she was an interesting character. I said she felt human. Its about time a character in the series isn't all about fighting bio terror, doing what's right, and trying to help someone in their family. It's a refreshing change of pace compared to what we've been getting. Also, I don't recall her NOT wanting to help people. She actually helped everyone she could. She did complain about helping people. That it was slowing them down. But in the end she did help. The idiotic woman in the subway just ran into the arms of several zombies despite many warnings from both Leon and Helena. Let's also not forget that Helena yells at the boyfriend in the gun store for not caring about his girlfriend.

She has the personality of an eraser. Hell she never even talks about her sister after she dies. There is NOTHING intriguing about Helena. Sure she could have been given some emotional value but Capcom did nothing with her.

As opposed to other the characters? Nearly every character in the series is a one note wonder. And I'm sure after you've seen your sister get ravaged by a virus and had to put her down yourself, you would totally be in the mood to talk about her.

Yeah you're right, she is SUCH a great addition to the RE series. >.< How dare we want such a compelling character do be done away with. Steve was given more depth than that woman and he ends up dying in the end. It was great closure for him. He goes from being a cocky screw up to having the willpower to fight off the virus and save Claire. He changed. Helena never does anything to change. And you call her a 'human' character?

I will admit that Steve does grow as a character. But again, you are putting words into my mouth. I never said she was a great addition. She is not as bad as people make her out to be. Most people get their panties in a bunch over her reactions and actions. But I am nearly 100 percent sure you would all do something similar if you were in her shoes. Rational thought goes out the window when someone in your family is in danger, whether you want to believe it or not. And if you diasgree, you are either lying to win an argument or hate said family member. Look at the woman in the subway. Again, never said she was a fantastic character or even well made. I felt her motivations were well realized, and her actions were believable and human. And that is why I like her.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#14gamestop27Posted 5/8/2013 8:56:09 AM
jsquad4136 posted...
'Amazing how fans want to kill off the only characters in the game who have any real human motivations in the game. And then they will turn around and complain that there are no good characters in the series.'

Amazing how people don't have my standards for what makes an interesting character....

Fixed for accuracy.
---
The one weakness of any protagonist or hero-like character is a Cut Scene.~ KaiserNeko
#15ManuMIASPosted 5/8/2013 9:08:53 AM
gamestop27 posted...
jsquad4136 posted...

Amazing how people don't have my standards for what makes an interesting character....

Fixed for accuracy.

THIS!