Does the Resident Evil brand name even stand a chance?

#1Spade59Posted 5/11/2013 1:51:13 AM
After the atrocities that were RE6 and ORC.

In terms of being an action shooter they failed miserably, CoD and Battlefield outshine them in every way, especially the tacked on vs modes. RE6 had disappointing sales (in terms of production value) and abysmal reviews.

We also have the Amnesia sequel on the horizon and The Evil Within is a ways off. Whatever new horror/action hybrid Capcom decides to defecate next will have to compete with them.

The RE franchise has pretty much become the laughing stock of the gaming community, as has Capcom in general. Do you think the series has any chance at redemption and if so, what will have to be done?
#2saleonkennedyPosted 5/11/2013 2:15:02 AM
If leon and ada have a love scene, ratings wIll boost tenfold.

The game also needs to make me be on the edge of my seat and so far, the gameplay feels like a typical boring game. Honestly if the characters in this game havent developed as much as they did, i wouldnt not even waste my time with re 7 but i am in it to the end.
---
gamertag: Leon Kennedy I2
Don't speak evil of someone you don't know for certain, and if you do know ask yourself, why am I telling it?-Johann Kasper Lavater
#3hunter_7289Posted 5/11/2013 6:39:40 AM
Bring back Hunter #4.

If they do, and the next game fails, then there is no hope for the RE series.
---
Official Talk No Jutsu of All Boards- The Hunter has the will to win. Do you?
#4edward18Posted 5/11/2013 6:52:41 AM
Of course it has a chance of redemption. Just make a game like the ones pre-4.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#5Vegeta1000Posted 5/11/2013 11:29:10 AM
In terms of being an action shooter they failed miserably, CoD and Battlefield outshine them in every way, especially the tacked on vs modes.

But Resident Evil was never a shooter. It's a Action-Adventure series with TPS mechanics.

Of course it has a chance of redemption. Just make a game like the ones pre-4.

Outdated gameplay mechanics wouldn't sit well with today's gamers.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#6edward18Posted 5/11/2013 11:07:32 PM
And I give a damn because?
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#7sbn4Posted 5/11/2013 11:22:05 PM
In terms of being an action shooter they failed miserably, CoD and Battlefield outshine them in every way, especially the tacked on vs modes. RE6 had disappointing sales (in terms of production value) and abysmal reviews

But if you really think about it, people are getting sick of CoD and Battlefield as well. But they still continue to sell. RE6 still sold decent despite all its issues.

We also have the Amnesia sequel on the horizon and The Evil Within is a ways off. Whatever new horror/action hybrid Capcom decides to defecate next will have to compete with them.

Who's to say they are going to even be competition for RE? New IPs have a harder time getting name recognition compared to established franchises.

The RE franchise has pretty much become the laughing stock of the gaming community, as has Capcom in general. Do you think the series has any chance at redemption and if so, what will have to be done?

Where are you getting these "facts" from? I'm not denying the series is in a slump right now, but you are being overly negative. There is always a possibilty for the series to improve. But Capcom needs to decide what direction they want to go and stick with it. Make a competent game based on that.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#8largerockPosted 5/11/2013 11:50:58 PM
hunter_7289 posted...
Bring back Hunter #4.

If they do, and the next game fails, then there is no hope for the RE series.

This. A million times this.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#9CrimzonHeadPosted 5/12/2013 1:09:16 AM
Spade59 posted...

Lol, no. TEW and the Amnesia sequel will have to compete with Capcom. Not the other way around.
---
"Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros. We don't care about anything else." - Faceman_
Don't be scared homie.
#10YermomHoudiniPosted 5/12/2013 2:11:47 AM
the big 2 japanese horror series are failing terribly. RE and silent hill degenerated so much.
---
Injustice 2 - MORE flooding Batman cast among playables
Toy Story 4 trailer, best movie 2015? youtu.be/PGuTN_ilmEk