Does the Resident Evil brand name even stand a chance?

#41edward18Posted 5/16/2013 5:42:47 PM

Lol, tell that to every game franchise in existence that has had the gameplay evolve from what it was when the games first started out.

Okay.

Hell you'd probably be on the MGS boards complaining about how they have a 360 camera instead of having the camera above the characters head now.

That's not gameplay, that's a camera.

You just can't accept the fact that the RE franchise wouldn't have lasted very long if it didn't get a massive overhaul in several things which included gameplay.

Of course it wouldn't have lasted long. It should have died. As I've said before.

Lol yeah sure, you'll never admit to it, but you prancing about making it very clear that you hate everything about it is what shows us that you hate the game despite you claiming that you love it, you can't claim to love a game yet go around preaching about how crappy you think it is at the same time.

I always do.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#42riddlebox89Posted 5/16/2013 7:43:00 PM
edward18 posted...
That's not gameplay, that's a camera.

Of course it wouldn't have lasted long. It should have died. As I've said before.

I always do.

A camera change which alters the gameplay quite a bit. Seriously for someone who loves to prance around acting like a genius you sure don't have much common sense.

And if it did die off you'd complain that they killed off the series and that they should bring it back.

Oh so you always run around saying you love games but constantly piss and moan about them so much that you make it crystal clear that you hate them?
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#43edward18Posted 5/16/2013 7:53:08 PM

A camera change which alters the gameplay quite a bit. Seriously for someone who loves to prance around acting like a genius you sure don't have much common sense.

The controls are the same in RE4 and RE5 despite the camera change.

And if it did die off you'd complain that they killed off the series and that they should bring it back.

That's only because I wouldn't know that they would have turned RE4 into what it became.

Oh so you always run around saying you love games but constantly piss and moan about them so much that you make it crystal clear that you hate them?

I don't ever run around saying I love 4 but I do piss and moan about it a lot.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#44riddlebox89Posted 5/16/2013 8:31:17 PM
edward18 posted...
The controls are the same in RE4 and RE5 despite the camera change.

That's only because I wouldn't know that they would have turned RE4 into what it became.

I don't ever run around saying I love 4 but I do piss and moan about it a lot.

And guess what? The gameplay is the same as well, right down to the tank controls, only difference is that you can aim your gun anywhere instead of up down and center, whether you want to admit it or not, RE4 didn't change the gameplay as drastically as you so love to think. But you wouldn't know that since the only way one would notice this is if they actually played it for more than ten minutes.

And note how I said gameplay not controls, two completely different things bravo mr "I love acting like I'm a genius."

Which means they kill off the series, you complain, they bring it back and give us RE4, you'd complain, which further proves that even if they released a classic style RE game, you'd still complain about it.

Lol sure, just yesterday when someone called you out for only pissing and moaning about RE4 because you hate the game you admitted that you loved it, now please explain what sense it makes for someone who loves a game to go around constantly trash talking it and making it very clear they hate it?
---
#45edward18Posted 5/16/2013 8:34:09 PM

And guess what? The gameplay is the same as well, right down to the tank controls, only difference is that you can aim your gun anywhere instead of up down and center, whether you want to admit it or not, RE4 didn't change the gameplay as drastically as you so love to think. But you wouldn't know that since the only way one would notice this is if they actually played it for more than ten minutes.

RE4 does not have the same gameplay. You are not investigating a trapped maze that you have to backtrack through and solve puzzles to progress. You do not have a finite amount of ammo lying around.

And note how I said gameplay not controls, two completely different things bravo mr "I love acting like I'm a genius."

Who is bravo and why are you telling me this?

Which means they kill off the series, you complain, they bring it back and give us RE4, you'd complain, which further proves that even if they released a classic style RE game, you'd still complain about it.

No I wouldn't. That's what I think they should do.

Lol sure, just yesterday when someone called you out for only pissing and moaning about RE4 because you hate the game

Which I don't and have never said.

you admitted that you loved it,

Cause I do.

now please explain what sense it makes for someone who loves a game to go around constantly trash talking it and making it very clear they hate it?

Because I don't hate it and am pointing out that it's complete crap as a main RESIDENT EVIL game.
---
#46riddlebox89Posted 5/16/2013 11:40:14 PM
edward18 posted...
You do not have a finite amount of ammo lying around.

Which I don't and have never said.

Cause I do.

Because I don't hate it and am pointing out that it's complete crap as a main RESIDENT EVIL game.

Actually yes you do, because not every enemy drops ammo on death like you love to keep claiming, hell from the way you talk you act like they throw ammo left and right when the reality is they don't even drop ammo that much.

Oh, and RE4 does have some areas where you have to go through more than once in order to progress, so it does have a degree of backtracking, and also it does have puzzles you need to solve in order to progress as well, and don't bother saying how they weren't real puzzles because of how simple they were because most of the puzzles in the pre-RE4 games were simple as hell too, only exception being some of the puzzles in RE3 which were ridiculous.

So you've never said you loved the game because that's exactly what that part of my post was referring to, but in the very next sentence you say you do so which is it?

No what you're doing is pointing out everything you hate about the game, and you talk about it being crap as a main game as if it was fact when quite a few people disagree with you.

Hell Code Veronica was a main non-numbered RE game and most people will tell you that it was crap due to very little of the gameplay being changed from 3 to CV and it just felt boring.

You can't love a game yet devote your life to going around preaching about how bad you think it is.
---
#47Spade59(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 1:32:01 AM
Vegeta1000 posted...
But Resident Evil was never a shooter. It's a Action-Adventure series with TPS mechanics.

Sorry but adventure games tend to have gameplay that isn't an over centralized shooting s***fest. Exploration, puzzle-solving, resource management? Sparse. Given that the entirety of RE's gameplay is now shooting I see no reason for us to condone Capcom's inability to accurately label their own ****ing franchise.

Outdated gameplay mechanics wouldn't sit well with today's gamers.

Why not, mediocrity does. REs current mechanics aren't the issue.
#48GiftedACIIIPosted 5/17/2013 9:09:11 AM
Yep explains how real survival horrors that are much scarier in terms of atmosphere and horror like Haunting Ground, Fatal Frame, and even Ju-on all get trounced by RE4 in terms of sales. Face it fanboys, survival horror was always a crappy genre that only hypocritical fanboys enjoyed. The old RE had way too much action to be a real survivor horror. But its gameplay is broken and glitchy so it's not surprising many people would not like it, since gaming was meant for fun not for being an elitist fanboy.
#49sbn4Posted 5/17/2013 9:11:59 AM
Why not, mediocrity does. REs current mechanics aren't the issue.

Accessibility and easy to pick up are more important. Plenty of bad games sell well simply because they look cool.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#50Pato468Posted 5/24/2013 6:16:22 AM
Coryo61827 posted...
Quote:CrimzonHead posted...
TEW and the Amnesia sequel will have to compete with Capcom. Not the other way around.

Lol

Coryo61827 posted...
Well, even though ORC and 6 were terrible, it's still a very well rooted series. So for that reason it will still be popular for a few installments even if they suck. However, because of 6 and ORC (both games I preordered) I won't be preordering anymore resident evil games and if they're anything like 6 again I won't be buying at all.

I somewhat agree, the Resident Evil name moves copies alone. It speaks volumes when a game as abysmal as ORC reaches 2 million copies sold, hell even RE6's sales were somewhat surprising.

@Spade59

Exactly. If anything, last years resident evil games (ORC and 6) just taught resident evil gamers to be more cautious in buying them now, except for the few people who actually swear ORC is a great game lol. Now a lot of people will wait to see what kind of game they'll be receiving before rushing to buy it.

Revelations will probably be the last resident evil game I'll ever preorder and that's only because I already played the 3DS version so I already know how good it is.

From this point forward I have a feeling we will start seeing a dip in fan base when it comes to resident evil. I say that because since 5 even, I had a lot of friends who lost interest in the resident evil series after that game. Didn't even care to play 6. I on the other hand beat 6 and now I'm very close to losing interest in the series like many others which was once one of my favorite series of all time.

Capcom will really have to make the next resident evil really good if they want a chance of saving the series now.

I don't think the series is going downhill...4 was good, 5 was good though it had some annoying design choices (having to babysit your partner, for one), ORC wasn't that good but it was only a spin-off, as was Mercs3D (which I thought was very good), Revelations is great, and RE6 I haven't played yet, I'm probably getting it in the next few weeks. I think the series is irregular more than going downhill.