Resident Evil 5 better than 6 but still not as good as 4

#11SolidStryderPosted 5/12/2013 12:43:49 PM
I tried playing 5 after I beat 6. Terrible experience by comparison, apart from the weapons. Somebody would have to pay me to go back and pay 4, which is where the degradation into an action game began in full force. 6 atleast got the gameplay correct for the genre, 4 and 5 really were just action games with horrible controls. Who thought tank controls in a game that emphasizes combat would be a good idea? No idea why they didn't just overhaul the gameplay along with the camera.

4 took it a step even further by completely going off the wall in terms of story, how do you start the 5th game concerning the main characters by saying "Haha, we beat those umbrella guys off screen, you're a secret agent now! Go rescue the presidents daughter in Spain from a midget with a spaniards!"
#12181stCommanderPosted 5/12/2013 12:48:02 PM
A reboot? Hell no, they can continue the story with Jake and 6 is 100% canon, like it or not, you are not the maker of the series.

And 6 is way better than 5, 5 is probably the worst of all, only Wesker was awesome.

And I've been a fan since RE1, 6 is a epic game, but obviously not a survival horror. And I personally don't care about Revelations, they changed Jill face, no thanks. If anything, Jill new face is not canon.
---
Join The Galactic Empire, like the Imperial Fleet facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/theimperialfleet
#13shnoob2Posted 5/12/2013 2:23:34 PM(edited)
RE4 is the best Resident Evil game by a landslide. RE didn't start until 4, in my opinion. The entries before four live and die because of nostalgia, what with their archaic controls and dismal camera angles. Terror came by way of the nonexistent checkpoint system and players experienced horror from the handling of the characters. Backtracking was simply infuriating due to the lengthy door sequences, too.

RE4 revitalized a prehistoric franchise and rejuvenated its gameplay. RE5 went with the copy\paste method, but retained the stiff but unique gunplay. RE6 opted for more fluid controls, leaning more toward Uncharted than what 4 and 5 established, and brought back some elements of tension. Resident Evil games have never been known for their stories (for good reason), but 6 certainly has the best in the franchise.

Resident Evil has changed more than any other game in history when it comes to gameplay, going from horror to action, but that doesn't make 6 a bad game in the least. RE6 is every bit as good or bad as RE5, but neither is as revolutionary as the fourth installment. The newest installment is a damn fun game that has been unfairly scrutinized. A lot more care went into the game than people give Capcom credit for, from RE.Net to the oftentimes breathtaking cutscenes. The gunplay is missing some of the flair that 4 and 5 had, but retains much of what made those two games fun to play.
---
"GET OFF MY PLANE!"- Han Solo in Airforce One
DLC and Online Passes = the downfall of video games.
#14nedim100Posted 5/12/2013 3:03:42 PM
KonaseRitsuko posted...

> the s*** story and cheesy one-liners made it super enjoyable

That's definitely one thing i didn't like about RE4
#15Dark_EpathyPosted 5/12/2013 3:29:26 PM
That's pretty accurate. RE5 is worse than RE4 (doesn't mean it's bad), and RE6 is worse than RE5 (doesn't mean it's bad, but it's got some more severe design issues).

RE4 is just an incredible game. The questionable success of RE5/6 show that it takes more than aping the camera scheme and shooting mechanics to make the whole thing work.
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#16skermacPosted 5/12/2013 7:36:15 PM
No RE game is better than 4. 6 is better than 5 which is the worst imo.
#17sbn4Posted 5/12/2013 7:44:09 PM
RE5 is my favorite of the bunch by far. Graphics, gameplay, production values, and the overall package is the most complete. RE6 is next.

While RE4 was a great game for its time, I really can't go back and play it now. It feels too sluggish and its not fun either.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#18TopicLockingtonPosted 5/12/2013 8:49:44 PM
No RE game is better than 4.

REmake
---
Stealing IP addresses since 2011.
#19Syn_VengeancePosted 5/12/2013 8:50:22 PM
sbn4 posted...
RE5 is my favorite of the bunch by far. Graphics, gameplay, production values, and the overall package is the most complete. RE6 is next.

While RE4 was a great game for its time, I really can't go back and play it now. It feels too sluggish and its not fun either.

this
#20dillpickle69Posted 5/12/2013 9:16:27 PM
I'm starting to get annoyed when people complain about "cheesy" dialogue in these games. RE and DMC are Japanese-made. Which means that they use translated Japanese. If you've ever watched a decent amount of anime, you'd know that translated Japanese sounds cheesy to us since we have different speech patterns. So don't blame the dialogue for being cheesy, because otherwise Capcom would leave the dialogue to a western developer, and we've already seen what happens when they do that...
---
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/4589412067_e501411c4f.jpg
http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=dillpickle61