Resident Evil 5 better than 6 but still not as good as 4

#21Dark_SilverXPosted 5/12/2013 10:42:13 PM
TopicLockington posted...
No RE game is better than 4.

REmake

Nope.

Darkside Chronicles is the best one of the series.
---
Carmine is a beast. No matter how many times he dies.
http://i.imgur.com/FrZIT.jpg http://i.imgur.com/RThXu.gif
#22edward18Posted 5/12/2013 11:21:44 PM
RE4 is the best Resident Evil game by a landslide. RE didn't start until 4, in my opinion.

Then you're simply not into the series.

The entries before four live and die because of nostalgia, what with their archaic controls and dismal camera angles.

Or they live and just live for people that like them no matter what nostalgic value they have.

Terror came by way of the nonexistent checkpoint system and players experienced horror from the handling of the characters.

Or because the games were legitimately scarier...

Backtracking was simply infuriating due to the lengthy door sequences, too.

Take backtracking out of Metroid. See what fans say about that.

RE4 revitalized a prehistoric franchise and rejuvenated its gameplay.

No, it changed it.

RE5 went with the copy\paste method, but retained the stiff but unique gunplay.

There's nothing unique about it.

Resident Evil games have never been known for their stories (for good reason), but 6 certainly has the best in the franchise.

**** you. CV is easily the best story and is damn good as is Remake's.

Resident Evil has changed more than any other game in history when it comes to gameplay,

Uh...like bloody hell.

going from horror to action,

Horror is not gameplay.

but that doesn't make 6 a bad game in the least.

It's just bad because the story's crap, the C-Virus makes no damn sense, and it looks to be just as much an action filled piece of crap as 4 and 5 were...and that's without me even playing it.

RE6 is every bit as good or bad as RE5,

Doubt that.

but neither is as revolutionary as the fourth installment.

4 killed the series.

A lot more care went into the game than people give Capcom credit for, from RE.Net to the oftentimes breathtaking cutscenes.

Where's the beta?

RE4 is just an incredible game.

But complete crap at being a RESIDENT EVIL game.

The questionable success of RE5/6 show that it takes more than aping the camera scheme and shooting mechanics to make the whole thing work.

Don't see what made 4 so special. It's easily worse than 5.

I'm starting to get annoyed when people complain about "cheesy" dialogue in these games. RE and DMC are Japanese-made. Which means that they use translated Japanese. If you've ever watched a decent amount of anime, you'd know that translated Japanese sounds cheesy to us since we have different speech patterns. So don't blame the dialogue for being cheesy, because otherwise Capcom would leave the dialogue to a western developer, and we've already seen what happens when they do that...

1. You're being pretty racist.
2. That's not that enjoyable.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#23181stCommanderPosted 5/13/2013 2:58:14 AM
dillpickle69 posted...
I'm starting to get annoyed when people complain about "cheesy" dialogue in these games. RE and DMC are Japanese-made. Which means that they use translated Japanese. If you've ever watched a decent amount of anime, you'd know that translated Japanese sounds cheesy to us since we have different speech patterns. So don't blame the dialogue for being cheesy, because otherwise Capcom would leave the dialogue to a western developer, and we've already seen what happens when they do that...

In case you didn't know, RE games don't have Japanese dub, the original language is English even in Japan.
---
Join The Galactic Empire, like the Imperial Fleet facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/theimperialfleet
#24GiveMeSomeVodkaPosted 5/13/2013 3:07:34 AM
181stCommander posted...
dillpickle69 posted...

In case you didn't know, RE games don't have Japanese dub, the original language is English even in Japan.

i remember reading that the original language is japanese which is then translated into english and is further altered by the voice actors with some their own improvising.
#25EdgarAllanTroIlPosted 5/13/2013 6:23:39 AM
TopicLockington posted...
No RE game is better than 4.

REmake

Nope.

Uh, yeah.
---
Stealing IP addresses since 2011.
#26shnoob2Posted 5/13/2013 7:52:59 AM(edited)
In regard to the post by edward, you admit having never played RE6 in 5+ months it has been out yet you troll the forums. I think it's you that doesn't like the franchise. You share your opinions on 6, calling it worse than 5 in your above post, yet you have never played it. As a result, everything you say is suspect and void of any qualification or credibility.

Your contributions to the topics you post in are meager/petty, to say the least, as you just regurgitate the same spiel about how bad you feel RE4 is, regardless of the context or topic at hand(in this case, the topic invites that opinion). Your sole reason for your post is to thrash RE4 and then try to hide behind the guise of actually providing comment on the proceeding two titles.

It's as if you are a bot account that rattles off the same thought in every post. None of your posts are unique.

I'm sorry, but it had to be said.
---
"GET OFF MY PLANE!"- Han Solo in Airforce One
DLC and Online Passes = the downfall of video games.
#27edward18Posted 5/13/2013 7:50:22 AM
In regard to the post by edward, you admit having never played RE6 in 5+ months it has been out yet you troll the forums.

I don't troll.

I think it's you that doesn't like the franchise.

I like it just fine.

You share your opinions on 6, calling it worse than 5 in your above post, yet you have never played it.

From what I've seen it's worse than 5.

As a result, everything you say is suspect and void of any qualification.

About 6 yes.

You contribute nothing to the discussions you participate in,

I contribute as much as anyone else.

as you just regurgitate the same spiel about how bad you feel RE4 is,

What's that have to do with me talking about 6?

regardless of the context or topic at hand.

Incorrect. I only talk about 4 if it's relevant to the discussion.

Your sole reason for your post is to thrash RE4 and then try to hide behind the guise of actually providing comment on the proceeding two titles.

Incorrect. My sole reason is to state what I think is worse. In this instance that means talking about 4 to show that I don't see how 6 could be worse than 4.

It's as if you are a bot account that rattles off the same thought in every post.

My apologies.

1. No it didn't.
2. Why're you sorry?
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#28SolidStryderPosted 5/13/2013 10:21:07 AM
shnoob2 posted...
In regard to the post by edward, you admit having never played RE6 in 5+ months it has been out yet you troll the forums. I think it's you that doesn't like the franchise. You share your opinions on 6, calling it worse than 5 in your above post, yet you have never played it. As a result, everything you say is suspect and void of any qualification or credibility.

Your contributions to the topics you post in are meager/petty, to say the least, as you just regurgitate the same spiel about how bad you feel RE4 is, regardless of the context or topic at hand(in this case, the topic invites that opinion). Your sole reason for your post is to thrash RE4 and then try to hide behind the guise of actually providing comment on the proceeding two titles.

It's as if you are a bot account that rattles off the same thought in every post. None of your posts are unique.

Ed just reads wiki and watches YouTube for his opinion nowadays. He's a fan of the franchise from before it went all actiony, he just hasn't/can't buy the newer entries. Back down, bro.
#29edward18Posted 5/13/2013 10:24:48 AM
Oh I can certainly get the newer games, I just ain't giving Capcom money until they give me Mega Man Legends 3. Would totally get Revelations if it was cheap enough and wasn't giving Capcom money.
---
#30NM_hunterPosted 5/13/2013 11:28:21 AM
Resident evil 4 was pretty awesome.
Resident evil 5's story and setting could have been have a lot more, but didn't. Mercs was the best part about it
Resident evil 6's controls were the best. Zombie merc stages were pretty awesome

/topic