How come RE6 dont give us spinels and others things to pick up?

#1skermacPosted 5/14/2013 8:26:34 AM
I don't remember there being any in RE5 either. RE4 was the total package, even with a shooting gallery. 5, and 6, didn't give us as much. sigh I guess there will never be another RE game as good as RE4. Give us item pick ups next game! And save points!
#2edward18Posted 5/14/2013 8:35:42 AM
There shouldn't have been any money/treasure collecting to begin with...
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3ReceiverxWisdomPosted 5/14/2013 9:14:59 AM
Because it's not the awesome game that was RE4?
---
"I'm the man you love to hate and I'm sure as hell not phased by you fakes."
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#4Cartwheel_KickPosted 5/14/2013 9:16:19 AM
skermac topic
---
You're going to die one day. You'll disappear completely, forever.
#5ReceiverxWisdomPosted 5/14/2013 9:18:12 AM(edited)
There shouldn't have been any money/treasure collecting to begin with...

You couldn't spend it as currency but didn't you have to collect assorted Gems in RE1 / Remake in order to progress the lion puzzle?

Argument invalid, dude.
---
#6dillpickle69Posted 5/14/2013 9:23:15 AM
If you're talking about collectibles, both 5 & 6 have serpent emblems that you pick up by shooting. If you're talking about currency and trade items, oh well.
---
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/4589412067_e501411c4f.jpg
http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=dillpickle61
#7ReceiverxWisdomPosted 5/14/2013 9:27:11 AM
If you're talking about collectibles, both 5 & 6 have serpent emblems that you pick up by shooting. If you're talking about currency and trade items, oh well.

Yeah, there's really no point in currency since the weapon upgrade system is gone which is far superior to skill points in my opinion.

I will only miss the currency system if it served the purpose of being a 1 one man killing machine yet again.
---
#8GoldsicklePosted 5/14/2013 9:36:17 AM
If there's anything I dislike about a points or currency system in video games is when you max out everything and the points become useless.

At least you could continue buying First Aid Sprays, Rocket Launchers and certain ammunition in RE4 & RE5.

Once I max out all the skills in RE6, the Skill Points become skillfully pointless.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#9skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 10:18:10 AM
Goldsickle posted...
If there's anything I dislike about a points or currency system in video games is when you max out everything and the points become useless.

At least you could continue buying First Aid Sprays, Rocket Launchers and certain ammunition in RE4 & RE5.

Once I max out all the skills in RE6, the Skill Points become skillfully pointless.

Exactly! RE7 needs to bring back what 4 had, the merchant too, I miss him.
#10dragon7x2kPosted 5/14/2013 11:26:44 AM
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
Yeah, there's really no point in currency since the weapon upgrade system is gone which is far superior to skill points in my opinion.

I will only miss the currency system if it served the purpose of being a 1 one man killing machine yet again.

The skill system is not as fun as the weapon upgrade. Most weapons in this game are boring and I can't ven tell the difference between some of them, like the shotguns. Is not like in 4 or 5 where each weapon had an unique ability to separate them. Even the weapon parts from Revelations are more fun to me than skill points.

I also miss searching and looking at those digital gems, they were pretty detailed and exploration is part of Resident Evil.
---
Hardcore Monster Destroyer
http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae100/dragonqki7/Forums/Bayonettasig.png