How come RE6 dont give us spinels and others things to pick up?

#11ManuMIASPosted 5/14/2013 1:00:36 PM
skermac posted...
RE7 needs to bring back what 4 had, the merchant too, I miss him.

enough said.
#12dillpickle69Posted 5/14/2013 1:02:43 PM
I might get lynched for this, but I think the shotgun needs to go. Think of how much scarier the game would be without it. I was never once worried in RE1 when the hunters were released, and you know why? Because that's when I started carrying around my shotgun, which blasts them to the floor where you can just shoot till they stop getting up. In RE4, when you're in the maze with the dogs jumping out at you, I can safely say that was the only time (besides the regenerators) that I was pretty damn terrified. BUT even then, the shotgun made it so that I wasn't as scared as I could have been. Another example is a scene in Umbrella Chronicles (Or Darkside Chronicles, my memory fails). Now I know these aren't meant to be the pinnacle of horror, but either way, there was a section where you were going through dark hallways with literally dozens of Hunters just popping out at you. Now I would have been a little creeped out, if it weren't for my trusty shotgun that prevented me from fearing ANYTHING.
---
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/4589412067_e501411c4f.jpg
http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=dillpickle61
#13IlDankoPosted 5/14/2013 4:07:08 PM
5 didn't had spinels, but it had more kinds of treasures to find, like the different kinds of gems, and the gold and silver idols that could be sold "at a high price" (insert merchant voice)..
---
Forza Milan
PSN: Dan21993
#14skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 6:32:29 PM
dragon7x2k posted...
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
Yeah, there's really no point in currency since the weapon upgrade system is gone which is far superior to skill points in my opinion.

I will only miss the currency system if it served the purpose of being a 1 one man killing machine yet again.

The skill system is not as fun as the weapon upgrade. Most weapons in this game are boring and I can't ven tell the difference between some of them, like the shotguns. Is not like in 4 or 5 where each weapon had an unique ability to separate them. Even the weapon parts from Revelations are more fun to me than skill points.

I also miss searching and looking at those digital gems, they were pretty detailed and exploration is part of Resident Evil.

They made all the guns in RE6 the same power and with no upgrades because they want everyone to use melee. Why I don't know. But it sucks.
#15hunter_7289Posted 5/14/2013 7:04:52 PM
Why humans so invested in sparkly shiny things?

Serves no purpose. Meanwhile, all wonderful plain rocks ignored or hated.
---
Official Talk No Jutsu of All Boards- The Hunter has the will to win. Do you?
#16edward18Posted 5/14/2013 11:20:06 PM
The Merchant was one of the worst things about 4 -_-
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#17skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 10:08:40 AM
edward18 posted...

You only say that because you hate RE5 more than anything in the world. I think you would rather be set on fire and then puked on instead of playing RE4 again. I don't know why you hate it so much. The gameplay is solid and it has a cool atmosphere.

I guess you only really like 1, 2, and 3, and the rest are not RE games to you/
#18hunter_7289Posted 5/15/2013 11:15:47 AM
skermac posted...
I think you would rather be set on fire and then puked on instead of playing RE4 again./

I don't think that is as bad as you think it to be.
---
Official Talk No Jutsu of All Boards- The Hunter has the will to win. Do you?
#19ReceiverxWisdomPosted 5/15/2013 11:24:27 AM
They made all the guns in RE6 the same power and with no upgrades because they want everyone to use melee. Why I don't know. But it sucks.

Yeah melee is strong but to their defense melee can't be repeatedly spammed even with combat gauge lvl 2 equipped. It's still possible to tire out. Magnums are pretty strong from what I seen so I doubt guns are absent of damage scaling in RE6.
---
"I'm the man you love to hate and I'm sure as hell not phased by you fakes."
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#20riddlebox89Posted 5/15/2013 1:10:17 PM
edward18 posted...

Lol, the only reason you're saying that is because you absolutely hate 4 and everything in it.

Hell you'd say that Leons choice of shoes would be one of the worst things about RE4 if someone talked about them.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.