online play?

#1shahshank1491Posted 5/14/2013 6:25:59 PM
How's the online community on ps3? Is it still active? I'm kind of eyeing the survivor dlc and will buy it if there are people still playing this game online. It sounds like survivor in old school avp...
#2KonaseRitsukoPosted 5/14/2013 6:58:00 PM
People might be playing this more if the multiplayer modes were free. -_-
---
SEND ME your wetdream stories at http://gizoughte.tumblr.com/ask
My DeviantArt gallery!! http://gizoughte.deviantart.com
#3DecaprePosted 5/14/2013 7:24:56 PM
KonaseRitsuko posted...
People might be playing this more if the multiplayer modes were free. -_-

LOL good one.
---
I've been told my love for Chun-Li is insanity and sinful, well God.... That's exactly what I wish for =)
#4RichterdgfPosted 5/14/2013 7:27:24 PM
Hope you like Leon's campaign if you want to co-op....
---
-M-
Get equipped with Metal Blade
#5DimentioXIIIPosted 5/14/2013 7:31:01 PM
If you have any other games or dlc you plan to purchase in the near future, you may as well save your money. I've been playing Survivors since it was finally released on the PS3 version and it's safe to say the community for it is starting to decline. The game is pretty old so most of the people you bought RE6 were done with it by December so you'll just be running into the same players online everyday now. Not only that but it's also incredibly unbalanced due to quickshot and the powerful weapons hidden in the stages that all the players run for the moment each match starts.

I've had my fun with the mode but would I buy it now after most of the RE6 community is gone? Definitely not. It doesn't help that Revelations HD is coming out next week as well so even more players will leave Survivors, including myself.
---
PSN:RaijinkenXIII
#6Bob the AlmightyPosted 5/14/2013 7:34:54 PM
Richterdgf posted...

To be fair Leon's campaign is the best one and by a large margin.
---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.
#7shahshank1491(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 8:06:48 PM
Awesome thanks for the input guys, I will probably opt out and save for something else then. Maybe I'll put that money toward Revelations instead.
#8RichterdgfPosted 5/14/2013 8:33:18 PM
Bob the Almighty posted...
Richterdgf posted...

To be fair Leon's campaign is the best one and by a large margin.

Leon's campaign is ass. Nearly every chapter plays host to a major annoyance.

In chapter 1 you've got that DREADFUL part at the very beginning where they FORCE you to WALK for like a half an hour. Maybe that was effective at building atmosphere the first time out, but all it does is make people rage on subsequent playthroughs.

Chapter 2 somehow manages to be fairly annoyance-free. The boss battle is fairly unsatisfying though. Then again, one could say that about most or all of RE6's boss battles.

Chapter 3 has a swimming section, and the whole stretch of the game where you're underground just drags ass and feels out of place.

Chapter 4 has the first of many, MANY encounters with the Immortal Derek Simmons. At least in this battle I can make fun of him for sounding like the Ultimate Warrior....

Chapter 5 continues the "fun" with MORE battles with the King of "WHY WON'T YOU JUST F***ING DIE!?" The rope climbing section isn't as bad as it used to be, but I'd wager it still left some scars on some people. The fight with Simmons' giant fly form also sucks. There just ALWAYS seems to be a zombie that spawns off-camera for him to grab instead if the one with the lightning rod....

Leon himself is just BORING to play as. His throw doesn't look like it could damage a snowman, and his big melee moves are "Big Kick" and "Bigger Kick"?

Leon's campaign is a boring slog that just never ends. It also has the problem of being the ONLY CAMPAIGN THAT PEOPLE EVER PLAY. Jake's campaign is far superior, as it is the only campaign where both protagonists are fun to play as.
---
-M-
Get equipped with Metal Blade
#9Dark__ThronePosted 5/14/2013 8:47:03 PM
I hated this game at first but I played through Leon's and Chris' campaigns again and I really did like them.

The only reason I hate Jake's campaign is simply because Jake himself. I hate his douchey character.