My biggest problem with this game...

#1TheShadowGodPosted 5/16/2013 12:09:17 PM
I know other people may have better complaints but this game tries WAY to hard to be"Totally freaking EPIC bro!" Bosses coming back to life 6 times is a pretty big stretch. Motorcycle's escaping explosions and ramp jumping with planes and choppers crashing behind ect ect. Its too much. Every last scene is meant to be over the top. Am I the only one?
#2ManuMIASPosted 5/16/2013 12:18:17 PM(edited)
that wasn't my problem, at the begining my only gripe was the camera since it was too close, Chapters being way longer and no subchapters... and playing Mercenaries in long run it gets sick motion, I had to stop many times from playing because I was feeling dizzy lol
#3fluffy_kinsPosted 5/16/2013 2:26:38 PM
I'll agree with the whole trying to be epic thing.

My biggest problem was all the different things they tried to throw in. All those stupid driving/escape sequences, running sequences, QTEs..... bad Capcom, bad! And the regular gameplay consisted mostly of collecting keys, data chips, etc.

They also screwed up the skill point system. I think they made it agonizingly slow to create replay value but damn. Shoulda just stuck with the RE4/5 system of upgrading.
#4ReceiverxWisdomPosted 5/16/2013 4:11:17 PM
To be fair, there's a game series out there that does these whole "EPIC SETPIECES" kind of deal. It's called Uncharted. The only difference is about 89% of the time you're in control of Nathan during these dramatic moments whereas control is stripped away to random QTEs in RE6. I have no problem with a good setpiece as long as I'M in control while it's not reduced to trial & error bull **** (driving sections, fast reaction QTEs).

QTEs & vehicle sections are probably the worse RE6 has to offer. There's maybe even more but those are the two red flags that come to mind.
---
"I'm the man you love to hate and I'm sure as hell not phased by you fakes."
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#5Nhatters1314(Moderator)Posted 5/16/2013 4:14:10 PM
Yes, please keep the driving stuff out of this game. Controls are so clunky usually.
---
The End
#6siberian142Posted 5/16/2013 7:40:45 PM
Nhatters1314 posted...
Yes, please keep the driving stuff out of this game. Controls are so clunky usually.

Swimming too. I dreaded having control stripped from me during the driving, swimming, and helicopter segments. One of Ada's chapters being largely spent in a helicopter was so lame.
#7Dark_SilverXPosted 5/16/2013 11:27:31 PM
My main complaint about this game is the online. Its really boring.
Mercs is a bore fest.
---
Carmine is a beast. No matter how many times he dies.
http://i.imgur.com/FrZIT.jpg http://i.imgur.com/RThXu.gif
#8GoldsicklePosted 5/17/2013 4:39:23 AM
Co-op was shallow.

They made it so that you don't have to share and trade items to reduce the chances of someone being a jerk to you but that also reduced the fun of co-op.

You can share/trade items in offline co-op, though.
But I don't play couch co-op much.

There are also not many enemies that were designed for co-op.
If someone could distract the Reaper in RE5, you could skip shooting it's chest weak point and go straight for the shoulder spots behind it.
Wesker battles are made easier via stealth, distraction and pincer attacks.
There are also battles like the Uroboros one where someone lures it into the incinerator and another turns it on.
And then there's the second one where someone burns it with a flamethrower to reveal it's weak points while another shoots those points.

While there are some puzzle aspects to the bosses in RE6, there should have been more fights that require teamwork.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".