so the sequel to this game should look much better.

#1zombiabsolPosted 5/17/2013 6:39:10 PM
Re7, or whatever capcoms first re title on the ps4/nextbox/whateverelse, will look much better than this game graphically.

IF this game is released in 2015 like they hope, then on top of capcoms smexy new graphics engine, and the ps4's easier to develop for thing it has going, re7 will be an amazing game graphics wise. They just gotta keep the gameplay reasonable for the atmosphere, and make the story not suck.

Now, obviously I don't know that, but, capcom knows what they need to do to sell as much as they want too. They know the next game needs more focus, and shouldn't be rushed.

but IF they started working on re7 right after re6, they will basically have 3 years into making this game if it comes out in late 2015.

A potential 3 years of time, plus capcoms new graphics engine, and the ps4 being easier to develop for, on top of KNOWING they need more quality and polish, AND, assuming capcom will be using around the same amount of people to work on re7 as they had on re6, if not more people, capcom has literally no reason for re7 to not blow re6 out of the water. Heck, if it takes 5 years I could care less, re7 will show us if capcom is truly able of giving the majority of people what they want, when they know what needs to be done and have the resources to do it.

Also, no timed exclusive stuff. You basically lost potential sales because of that crapcom.

So what do you guys think, will re7 most likely bring the franchise back on track and improve from what this game has done?

I would be really, really surprised if this game turns out better than re7.
---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
Waiting for: Remember Me, The last of Us, and Pokemon X.
#2edward18Posted 5/17/2013 6:54:29 PM
RE0 still looks the best out of any RE game.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3zombiabsol(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 7:02:54 PM
Well at least everybody is entitled to their opinions I guess.
---
#4Cartwheel_KickPosted 5/17/2013 7:48:08 PM(edited)
lol it's almost become a running gag. Come into topic that has the number "6" somewhere in it, then see
"You are ignoring 1 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here."

And the TC replying something like "who cares"
---
You're going to die one day. You'll disappear completely, forever.
#5DimentioXIIIPosted 5/17/2013 7:50:24 PM
Well once we find out the sales for Revelations HD then we'll find out what route Capcom will take with RE7. I was hoping they would have an RE2 Remake with the revelations engine be their first PS4 RE title... And them cutting development time for games even more is nothing good in my eyes. It just seems like it'll be more rushed than RE6 now.

Once they do release RE7, I'm hoping that ends the story for good. I really don't want the characters getting any older and I don't ever want to see them do a reboot. They could just remake the older titles after the release of RE7.
---
PSN:RaijinkenXIII
#6Cartwheel_KickPosted 5/17/2013 7:54:53 PM
Also to actually reply, I suppose. But if RE6 is any indication, the players are so divided in their opinions.

If RE7 is an upgraded RE6 just like RE6 is an upgraded RE5 it can't be bad IMO (hoping they would listen to popular opinion and remove the obvious flaws, like the ridiculous amount of vehicle scenes and QTEs). The style of gameplay they choose after RE6's sales and RE:R future sales will affect the game's reception more than new console capabilities, I think.
---
You're going to die one day. You'll disappear completely, forever.
#7ManuMIASPosted 5/17/2013 8:42:06 PM
I hate to be the one with the rumor thingy but Capcom didn't said they were working in a new RE game non numbered for the new consoles a few months ago?

I hope they balance the genres and improve a bit the gameplay mechanics from RE6, since Im fine with them.
#8zombiabsol(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 9:04:25 PM
I think with no quick shots, regenerating health, and skill sets ,the gameplay would feel right for resi.

Add in the merchant, treasures and money, weopon upgrading like re5, unlockable costumes for each character, costumes can be used in campaign, some throwback ones included, unlockable weopons like re4, and have some competetive modes to play from the get go with selectable loadouts, the game would be awesome and would most likely sell better than 6 at launch, as long as the storyline looks good and the gameplay looks fun in the trailers.

And those are not big request.

Also, resident evil CAN be a good blend of action and horror. They need to make eerie soundtracks to play for certain parts, jump scares might be cheap scares, but they set the mood for worrying about things. Jump scares more like the guy in re4 who jumps out the oven thing on fire, or like nemesis jumping through the window. And basically scarier enemy encounters in general. For instance , have more moments like re4 where you encounter the regenerator, you hear it breathing but can't see it. Those are the type of enemies we need for resi to be "scary", not bsaa zombies. But zombies can still be the basic enemies if they are viscous enough without throwing axes and shooting guns, but more bow's that appear to be monsters like the lickers.

The garrador as well, it'll encourage people to not go guns a blazin, if they don't want the garrador to come at you. They need to make enemies relentless and harder to beat, and stop caring about making shooting zombie people. Add in linear areas where the player sees a shadow or hears the grunts of an enemy that they have seen already, and know they are dangerous, but force the player down the hall because they have nowhere else to go. But also keep an re4 style adventure feel, where outside of the linear areas, you can actually backtrack to other areas and explore for stuff. But the backtracking doesn't need to be like re1-re3, keep it to where you can explore, but it doesn't take 30 min to find a key. Ya know? And you don't get lost or confused.

But they don't have to keep tiny amounts of ammo to make the game scary. Keep enough ammo to where the player doesn't feel the need he can't shoot anything, because hell just get bored, but have moments where he CAN'T shoot without a giant horde of enemies coming to your location. Lighting, enemy design, sound effects, and the enviornment around you is what will ultimately make the game feel like a horror game, not ammo amount IMO. The first re's wouldn't have been scary if they had bright sunshine enviornments like re5 everywhere, while you shot bright, normal flowers as a happy soundtrack played in the background.

Co-op could still work I guess, just raise difficulty of the enemies. But make the co-op partner like the agent, there with no meaning to the story. This way people can play without missing dialouge between characters and don't need an ai partner to rely on if they wish to play solo.

And for the people who still don't like having more ammo, capcom could make a kind of sub category to the campaign

Classic challenge: "play with the old camera angles, less ammo than usual, with no weopon upgrading allowed. What you find is what you get. There will be tem boxes found to help you survive, but your chances are still slim to none."

Then have the default campaign style be re6 camera, enough ammo to get by if you don't waste it.

Difficulties either add more ammo and weaker enemies, or less ammo and stronger/more enemies, with an enemy remix type mode like revelations "infernal mode"

Add in a puzzle hint feature selectable before starting the game, so people who don't like puzzles and are lazy can not complain.

In my eyes, that's how you do fanservice, appeal to casuals and fans, while staying true to RE's roots.
---
#9zombiabsol(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 9:09:28 PM
Inb4TL;DR
Inb4tccantinb4
Inb4stupidideas
Inb4wut
---
#10edward18Posted 5/17/2013 9:24:18 PM
Add in the merchant,

Oh god no, that shouldn't have been put in the series to begin with.

treasures and money,

That also shouldn't be in the damn series!

Also, resident evil CAN be a good blend of action and horror.

It should be what the old games were.

Those are the type of enemies we need for resi to be "scary", not bsaa zombies.

...what's a BSAA zombie?

But also keep an re4 style adventure feel, where outside of the linear areas, you can actually backtrack to other areas and explore for stuff. But the backtracking doesn't need to be like re1-re3, keep it to where you can explore, but it doesn't take 30 min to find a key. Ya know? And you don't get lost or confused.

Uh it better be like RE1-3.

But they don't have to keep tiny amounts of ammo to make the game scary.

They better.

Keep enough ammo to where the player doesn't feel the need he can't shoot anything, because hell just get bored,

Wha-how the bloody **** is "not having the ammo to kill as many enemies as you think you need to" boring?!

but have moments where he CAN'T shoot without a giant horde of enemies coming to your location. Lighting, enemy design, sound effects, and the enviornment around you is what will ultimately make the game feel like a horror game, not ammo amount IMO. The first re's wouldn't have been scary if they had bright sunshine enviornments like re5 everywhere, while you shot bright, normal flowers as a happy soundtrack played in the background.

They've hardly ever been scary. Regardless scariness is subjective.

And for the people who still don't like having more ammo, capcom could make a kind of sub category to the campaign

I want it to be the main game.

Classic challenge: "play with the old camera angles, less ammo than usual, with no weopon upgrading allowed. What you find is what you get. There will be tem boxes found to help you survive, but your chances are still slim to none."

I want that to be the main game.

Then have the default campaign style be re6 camera, enough ammo to get by if you don't waste it.

No.

Add in a puzzle hint feature selectable before starting the game, so people who don't like puzzles and are lazy can not complain.

Uh no, **** that ****. Let the lazy asses that decide to play a type of game that they don't like get annoyed.

In my eyes, that's how you do fanservice, appeal to casuals and fans, while staying true to RE's roots.

Screw casuals.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai