How do you think the next game will be structured?

#1Ein_SophPosted 5/18/2013 11:52:31 PM
will we have separate campaigns with separate characters or a single campaign with maybe one or two characters?

I think it'd be best to scale things down a bit in terms of campaigns.. By that I mean that it'd be great if we could go back to the lengthier single/couple campaigns. This game was good but to me it felt like it wanted to do too much at the same time. Someone mentioned something like that on here, the fact that the game throws driving sections at you and you have bosses that ought to have died after the 5th try.

Everything was set up to be bombastic and I feel that this extends to the campaigns themselves, as if they'd been saying "Look! you can play with all of these beloved RE characters!" It didn't really sound bad at all for me at the time but as I played the game and beat each campaign --Idk how to explain it-- I didn't really "feel" it, a sort of bond with the characters, and I believe this has to do with the fact that the campaigns themselves were kind of short, something that was exacerbated further by the extremely frenetic feeling in each chapter. We could not slow down and breathe, we were thrown from situation to situation.

That's what I think, at least.

How do you think Capcom should go about structuring its next game in terms of its campaign(s)? If they really are going back to a more toned down style a la Revelations, will they also go back to a single campaign?
---
Bougyo no tame no bougyo nashi. "There is no defense for defense's sake." - Kendo saying.
PSN: Spearman-Rho
#2edward18Posted 5/19/2013 12:05:14 AM
What I think they should do is go back to the classic gameplay and make it be one or two playable characters to start with.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3largerockPosted 5/19/2013 1:27:49 AM
Everything'll be DLC.

...and no I do not mean that in a good way.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#4MetalGearDogmaPosted 5/19/2013 1:50:44 AM
edward18 posted...
What I think they should do is go back to the classic gameplay and make it be one or two playable characters to start with.

actually capcom is thinking about RE7. they're arguing what is better, classic or over the shoulder.

but I could'nt find more about that. -_-
---
Dragons Dogma Pawn: Yamato, Lvl 200, Strider (Dark Arisen)
PSN: FF7_Lissy
#5ArchiantagonistPosted 5/19/2013 2:18:59 AM
largerock posted...
Everything'll be DLC.

Closest one to be truth
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#6StartersPosted 5/19/2013 3:30:49 AM(edited)
You mean re7?

for such a game, classic tank controls and fixed camera will never come back. that's the closest truth.

largerock posted...
Everything'll be DLC.

...and no I do not mean that in a good way.

and this is the truth!
hehehehe...
---
Living is the moment worth dying for...
#7DestinyKnotPosted 5/19/2013 5:23:14 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8ReceiverxWisdomPosted 5/19/2013 6:16:38 AM(edited)
If Capcom actually stated more focus will be put into the next RE then I doubt the story will go beyond a dual campaign.

4 Campaigns really didn't do the entire arc of 6 any justice like Capcom wanted. It was just a long ass game that you want to end quickly after so many cheap deaths and QTEs.

As for Co-op, that will be left up what type of game it turns out to be.
If RE7 stays action orientated then you'll probably get forced co-op again.
If it's more horror themed then I hope to god the co-op is only optional and requires you to beat the main campaign on your own.
---
"I'm the man you love to hate and I'm sure as hell not phased by you fakes."
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#9edward18Posted 5/19/2013 7:01:13 AM
If Capcom says anything I expect them to do the opposite.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#10ReceiverxWisdomPosted 5/19/2013 7:48:47 AM(edited)
If Capcom says anything I expect them to do the opposite.

Exactly why I said "if" not 'they will"

In my opinion, the company still has a slim chance to shape up unlike the vast majority of companies who already suffered huge layoffs and bankruptcy this gen. It was already too late for some of them.
Capcom will forever be a piss poor company this gen but I'll wait and see if they redeem themselves for next gen.

Even so my doubts exist after the whole Megaman and Devil May Cry situation. It seems that Capcom is sinking even more lower on this exploded cruise ship that was ONCE known to be a damn good video game making company.

It's hard to deny their words are worth of grain of salt especially when I heard there are paid 'trolls' on their staff line.

That's just....sad...and a waste of money.
---
"I'm the man you love to hate and I'm sure as hell not phased by you fakes."
PSN: LatinChris_9990