[POLL] Item Drops

#21Goldsickle(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2013 10:57:57 PM
Sometimes, I wonder if there's any confirmation if Mr. X or Nemesis actually uses the weapons or ammunition they carry.

If it's your first time playing RE3 (not a New Game+), Nemesis will be carrying an Assault Rifle.
Does he actually use it?

Any depiction of Nemesis wielding a minigun is only in non-canon or spin-off media, like the movie and Operation Raccoon City.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#22Goldsickle(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 9:22:15 AM
So, was there any indication that Nemesis wielded more than just the rocket launcher?
---
#23kakarotozeroPosted 6/11/2013 11:39:27 AM
not item drop, but something more realistic, like if you kill a zombie that carry a gun, why not use the ammo from the weapon or take the weapon to use

and for the healing items, search in any medical kit, its weird that after you kill a zombie, a green herb appears
---
PSN account - JOSERICOSUAVE21
#24Goldsickle(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 11:46:37 AM
kakarotozero posted...
its weird that after you kill a zombie, a green herb appears

The zombie could be a survivor who has scrounged up supplies themselves.

In Outbreak, if your teammate dies, you can loot them for whatever they were carrying (including Herbs, ammo or key items they collected).

It could be something like that with regular zombies.
---
#25Goldsickle(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 11:22:36 PM
Apparently, The Last Of Us also has random item drops.
I could get a completed bomb or Molotov Cocktail from a dead Clicker.

The "survival" thing in this game isn't really that different with modern RE.
---
#26Stygma69Posted 6/18/2013 9:06:27 AM
i like to have fun when im gaming, so item drops are cool by me. you can always switch the difficulty to have less or none. or at least that how i think it should be, the harder you setthe game the less drop you get, amongst other factors.

But it would be pretty cool if the drops made sense, like the early poster mentioned. Cops & military drop ammo, maybe even a weapon from those transformed into nastier monsters. Random items from random zombies. 1st aid from scientists, EMTs, Doctors, nurses, etc. Save the bigger items like wepons, wepon parts, key cards, artifacts , etc for the bosses and big creatures.

Although i admit, random loot has always worked fine enough.
---
PS3 vs. 360 vs. Wii ??
**** 'em all!
#27UnknownWinPosted 6/19/2013 5:47:23 AM
no item drops lol.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/?throwback=1
#28Goldsickle(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 11:55:55 PM
Been playing The Last Of Us a lot lately and I'm really not liking how the item drop works.

If your enemy carries a gun, the gun will disappear when you kill him and you're only limited to what the game wants to give you, like only 3 bullets (that may or may not be consistent with the firearm the enemy's carrying).
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#29Goldsickle(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 3:15:38 AM
When you play Normal difficulty in Last Of Us, you get a lot of ammo drops from enemies.

By certain people's standards, I guess The Last Of Us isn't "survival horror".
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#30Sol4688Posted 7/8/2013 6:27:31 AM
Definitely Key Items and specific encounter rewards only.

Key items is just... well, there's nothing wrong with that at all. Getting key items from bosses is just mainstream. But rewarding players for getting through specific encounters with challenging enemies is okay too.
---
PSN: CrimeRoyal