New Game Plus Confusion

#1PatrickVReganPosted 6/2/2013 7:24:29 PM
I just finished Chris's campaign and have not done ANYONE else's yet including Leon. I started with Chris because he has the most annoying campaign in my opinion because its more like RE5 and the rest are closer to RE1-3. Or so I've heard.

Anyway, I noticed the option for New Game+ appear and read a few topics on here talking about what it does and does not do. But I'm confused.

How do I start the campaign for Leon / Ada / Jake? Chapter Select seems wrong somehow. And I just figured it would be New Game and this time select Leon or someone new but there is no New Game option. I'm very confused as how to move on from here. Please help.
---
Playing: Hitman Absolution / Mass Effect 2
Trophy Progress: 94% / 35% - PSN ID: P-V-R-Omega
#2Delta0126Posted 6/2/2013 7:34:29 PM
Ignore it, just choose whoever you want through chapter select and whatever campaign you wanna play again as well.
---
There is a Ghost in my attic and he says: "It's very dark up here...." ....Oh right....and he also says: "Boo."
#3PatrickVRegan(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2013 7:45:05 PM
Will do but what the hell is it? Normally its a good thing because it makes further play thoughts easier but I only expected something like this to unlock after I was done with all four campaigns.
---
#4Delta0126Posted 6/2/2013 7:57:01 PM
All the campaigns are separate, that's why it's available after you beaten a campaign, basically RE6 is 4 games in 1.

Also before you probably ask like everyone else did, whatever weapons you picked up with the character you played with is only for that character, if you play with another character you will have to pick up that weapon again. For example you say you finished Chris's Campaign and played as Chris if you decide to play again with Piers that time Piers will only have his two starting weapons, everything you picked up for Chris will have to be picked up for Piers.
---
There is a Ghost in my attic and he says: "It's very dark up here...." ....Oh right....and he also says: "Boo."
#5PatrickVRegan(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2013 8:06:14 PM
Is the stuff you earned during your first time through that campaign lost once you do New Game+ or does it simply make it easier to play that same campaign again.

Okay even I think that is hard to understand. So to simplify it I'll give an example.

Say I beat the game on Vetern with Chris on his campaign, then use New Game+ mode and beat it on Professional. When your done does it show you've beat it on both Vetern and Professional or just Vetern?

Basically what is the DOWN side to NEW GAME +?
---
#6PatrickVRegan(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2013 8:07:20 PM
Opps, I meant to say "or just professional". Sorry about that.
---
#7Delta0126Posted 6/2/2013 8:18:30 PM
It doesn't work like that, all difficulties are separate, frankly it's a little odd that you would think only one difficulty would be saved.

There's no downside to New Game + unless you accidentally chose the option to erase your current equipment which is a little difficult since it asks you after you choose New Game + unless you went by really fast or something.
---
#8PatrickVRegan(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2013 9:10:27 PM
So I can only choose the campaigns I've completed on New Game + then? Is that correct? In other words because I've finished only Chris's Campaign I cannot choose Leon in New Game +?!?
---
#9Delta0126Posted 6/2/2013 9:21:23 PM
What are you talking about? Like I said all Campaigns are separate. You said you only went through and completed Chris' Campaign, thus selecting New Game + for that Campaign will give you access to your last saved equipment, if you chose New Game + for Leon it'll act as a literal New Game as there is nothing to carry over as you didn't go through Leon's campaign at all.

You're really thinking way too hard about this and making it more complicated than it is.

Seriously, ignore New Game +, just choose whatever campaign you want in Chapter Select as well as if you want to play through a campaign again using your last saved equipment.
---
#10EdalborezPosted 6/3/2013 8:54:37 AM
Here is the one difference between picking chapters from Chapter Select, and using the New Game + option:

Using NG+ allows you to CHOOSE if you want to start with a fresh inventory or keep the old one. In all other circumstances your inventory always stays.

It's pointless unless you WANT to do that. Just pick anytime from Chapter Select. Not complicated.