New Game Plus Confusion

#11Delta0126Posted 6/3/2013 8:41:36 AM
I mentioned that in my third post actually......
---
There is a Ghost in my attic and he says: "It's very dark up here...." ....Oh right....and he also says: "Boo."
#12PatrickVRegan(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2013 6:55:42 PM
In either case, I appreciate your trying to help me understand. It is crystal clear now. Thanks.

I am wondering about something else though.

When i start or continue on a campaign it has a few options; one of which being to allow Infinite Ammo. Does turing Infinite Ammo on affect anything other than the difficulty of said campaign? Meaning if I have it turned on during a Professional Campaign will I still get the trophy for completing it on Professional?
---
Playing: Hitman Absolution / Mass Effect 2
Trophy Progress: 94% / 35% - PSN ID: P-V-R-Omega
#13PatrickVRegan(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2013 8:50:27 PM
Okay so that question is still up in the air and also I now have another.

In the Skill Settings menu there are a total of 8 areas that you can put 3 skills into each. How does this work exactly? What skills does the game apply? Only the ones in the first one or all eight?
---
#14Delta0126Posted 6/3/2013 10:01:13 PM
Let me get this out of the way first....WTF DID YOU DO GAMEFAQS!? WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE SITE?!

Kay, now that's out of the way.

PatrickVRegan posted...
When i start or continue on a campaign it has a few options; one of which being to allow Infinite Ammo. Does turing Infinite Ammo on affect anything other than the difficulty of said campaign? Meaning if I have it turned on during a Professional Campaign will I still get the trophy for completing it on Professional?

In the Skill Settings menu there are a total of 8 areas that you can put 3 skills into each. How does this work exactly? What skills does the game apply? Only the ones in the first one or all eight?

First Question: The thing about the modern Resident Evil games (or hell any of them that have Infinite ammo) they don't follow the other games when it comes to bonuses, they're treated as bonuses you obtained that you can do and have fun with without any penalty (except maybe getting looked down upon by the ever friendly Video Game Community), Infinite Ammo will not affect anything pertaining to Trophies so feel free to use it, however just for future reference usually the game will usually tell you if Trophies will be disabled if you use certain cheats.

Second Question: It applies to whatever you have equipped, just highlight whatever skill set you want and press square.

Also, I have a feeling you'll ask this, the many ???? skills are basically weapon mastery skills which will give more power to whatever the mastery skill is, I forget what the requirements are as I unlocked them all already, but basically when you use the weapon, I think Handgun was 1,000 kills, the Mastery Skill will unlock and equipping that will make handguns more powerful, not exactly sure how powerful, but it is noticeable.

Also note that Infinite Ammo are their own skills you can have them all, but you also can't at the same time, meaning you could put one Infinite Ammo skill into a skill set (a total of 7), but you'll have to equip that skill set to get the benefits of it which you can do in mid-game via pressing select and selecting the pentagon symbol.

Another thing to note is that there are only two Machine Pistols, Piers' MP-AF and Ada's Ammo Box 50. While technically Sherry's Triple Shot is a Machine Pistol in a way it is treated as a Handgun so the Handgun Infinite Ammo skill will work for it, but the Machine Pistol will not.

One more thing, No Hope completely disables skills as it's basically the ultimate difficulty so it doesn't matter what skill you put into once you go into No Hope your skills will be disabled, also no, there is no Trophy for completing No Hope, the only thing you will get is a Dog Tag Title.
---
There is a Ghost in my attic and he says: "It's very dark up here...." ....Oh right....and he also says: "Boo."
#15PatrickVRegan(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2013 6:49:06 PM
Delta0126 posted...
Second Question: It applies to whatever you have equipped, just highlight whatever skill set you want and press square.

Also, I have a feeling you'll ask this, the many ???? skills are basically weapon mastery skills which will give more power to whatever the mastery skill is, I forget what the requirements are as I unlocked them all already, but basically when you use the weapon, I think Handgun was 1,000 kills, the Mastery Skill will unlock and equipping that will make handguns more powerful, not exactly sure how powerful, but it is noticeable.

Also note that Infinite Ammo are their own skills you can have them all, but you also can't at the same time, meaning you could put one Infinite Ammo skill into a skill set (a total of 7), but you'll have to equip that skill set to get the benefits of it which you can do in mid-game via pressing select and selecting the pentagon symbol.

Another thing to note is that there are only two Machine Pistols, Piers' MP-AF and Ada's Ammo Box 50. While technically Sherry's Triple Shot is a Machine Pistol in a way it is treated as a Handgun so the Handgun Infinite Ammo skill will work for it, but the Machine Pistol will not.

One more thing, No Hope completely disables skills as it's basically the ultimate difficulty so it doesn't matter what skill you put into once you go into No Hope your skills will be disabled, also no, there is no Trophy for completing No Hope, the only thing you will get is a Dog Tag Title.

Wow unfortunately this whole post raised more questions than it answered for me. Perhaps it is the way you worded it or its just my inability to understand what you mean. Either way I'll list off questions in a numbered fashion as clearly as possible with an easy way to answer them; yes or no.

There are eight Skill settings areas (pentagons), with three skills equipable in each. That much is very clear to anyone. My question pertains to this:

1. Does the game use all the skills in a single pentagon skill set?

2. Does the game use all the skills in all eight pentagon skill sets; meaning all 24?

3. Why do you say to check the pentagon skill set menu in game!? I went there before and after I read your post and it does not allow me to choose anything, just browse what is there.

That last one being the case would imply that my second question is a yes but I would like to know for sure.

Now for the harder to answer questions because they cannot be put into a yes or no category.

4. Why does the game have "Weapon X" mastery when it already has a "Firearm" upgrade skill. Why upgrade one when they all get upgraded with the firearm skill at lv.3? This is just confusing to me.

5. How much does the Defense at lv.3 help to boost your protection in game? Is there a percentage or just no way to tell in game. Say if a zombie hit you and it took off a full block of health but with a lv.3 Defense skill set on it might take off say only a forth of that same block. That would be 75% less damage when hit. Just wondering if you know a bit more about that.

Thats it for now. Thanks again.
---
#16Delta0126Posted 6/4/2013 7:09:38 PM(edited)
Sorry for the confusion, hopefully I'll be able to word it a little more better this time.

1. Yes

2. No, it's whatever you have equipped, if it's highlighted in yellow and there's a checkmark in the top left hand corner then that skill set is equipped.

3. It's basically a real time menu to switch your skills, if you don't have any skills in any skill sets there won't be anything for you to choose, also you cannot switch in skills you can only equip skill sets. Also note that all you need to do is to highlight the skill when you're using the in-game menu to switch skills and it'll be automatically equipped.

If you're still confused: Pentagon symbol -> list of skill sets -> highlight a skill set you want -> exit and that skill set will be enabled. You cannot switch any skills in a skill set so you're stuck with those skills until you either reach a save point, finish the chapter or exit out of the game, this why there are 8 skill sets.

4. It's to put more variety I guess, Firearm at the maximum increases all firearms power at 50%, while Mastery increases 100% to that certain weapon so it'd be exceptionally great for the Magnum, Sniper Rifle, and Grenade Launcher and like I mentioned it's pretty noticeable in terms of damage, it's also a trade off, you're making that certain weapon deal a high amount of damage, but the trade of is using a slot for it.

5. Not sure, 50% I think.....I vaguely remember because it was discussed about in the beginning and people were questioning it as well and then people who had the strategy guide, though of course were still unsure since most times SG's can have slightly wrong information, came to answer it.

As for going into detail, sorry I don't know about that, all I know is that grabs from zombies are unaffected by Defense so they'll always do the same damage if they grab you regardless if you have on Defense.
---
#17ArchiantagonistPosted 6/5/2013 1:47:49 AM
PatrickVRegan posted...
1. Does the game use all the skills in a single pentagon skill set?

2. Does the game use all the skills in all eight pentagon skill sets; meaning all 24?

3. Why do you say to check the pentagon skill set menu in game!? I went there before and after I read your post and it does not allow me to choose anything, just browse what is there.

3 any skills per set
+
can change skills within the set only from the main menu(not during the game session),
but can choose from 8 previously arranged sets during the game,
just by putting cursor on the needed set and closing the menu

Now for the harder to answer questions because they cannot be put into a yes or no category.

4. Why does the game have "Weapon X" mastery when it already has a "Firearm" upgrade skill. Why upgrade one when they all get upgraded with the firearm skill at lv.3? This is just confusing to me.

5. How much does the Defense at lv.3 help to boost your protection in game? Is there a percentage or just no way to tell in game. Say if a zombie hit you and it took off a full block of health but with a lv.3 Defense skill set on it might take off say only a forth of that same block. That would be 75% less damage when hit. Just wondering if you know a bit more about that.

4. Weapon X Expert grants +100% damage boost for the single weapon
Firearm skill grants +50% damage boost for all weapons you have(aside from melee)
+ they both stack

http://www.chaoshour.com/articles/feature/resident-evil-6-game-guide-skills-agent-hunt-mercenaries-good-cost-where-to-get

+ all attacks that has QTEs attached to them are unaffected by Defense skill,
cos' it's your reaction and performance during this very QTE is what determines
what amount of health you will lose
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#18PatrickVRegan(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2013 9:19:37 PM
Thats cool about the stacking feature. Took a break for now, trying to get the trophies for Heavy Rain.

And might I say this game is so annoying, I'm tearing my hair out. Just learned I have to play the whole game from start to finish AGAIN because some guide told me to just play it once then come back and read what chapters to replay. Well apparently the game does not work that way. To get certain trophies you have to play the game from start to finish a particular way. MADDENING.

Give me a week, if I'm not dead from suicide, I'll be back.
---