The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

[POLL] Game Progression

#1GoldsicklePosted 6/4/2013 12:58:30 AM
How do you like an RE game to progress? - Results (66 votes)
Game isn't divided by chapters, most of game is one big stage where backtracking is necessary to progress
56.06% (37 votes)
Game is divided by chapters but you must restart from the beginning to replay previous chapters
1.52% (1 votes)
Game is divided into chapters and has a chapter select feature
42.42% (28 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I will be picking the first one.

That's the only thing I liked about the outdated, classic RE.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#2edward18Posted 6/4/2013 1:33:03 AM
First one, obviously. If Chapters have to be in they should just be "titles", not something that progresses the setting.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 6/4/2013 4:12:30 AM
Don't really want chapters but if they're gonna do it, they should make it as seamless as possible. One of the things I don't like about the new game is they do the whole "previously in Resident Evil Revelations" thing. Just tell me the chapter is over, let me save if I want and then keep going.
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#4Goldsickle(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2013 11:05:41 PM
Resident Evil Code: VERONICA has the best level designs amongst the classics.
If they added 360 analog controls (like the N64 port for RE2), I'd play the s*** out of it again.

RE0's levels deserve a mention, since it's been designed specifically to be able to loop back to earliest parts of the game (probably to accommodate the fact that you don't have an item box and need a backtracking shortcut to retrieve dropped items).
---
#5Goldsickle(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2013 9:21:07 PM
In the Outbreak series, the player characters can each go their way separately.

Too bad you can't do the same in RE5 or RE6, where both players must be together at all times and can only be separated within a single level.
---
#6dragon7x2kPosted 6/6/2013 9:24:15 PM
If the game has as many parts that make me want to vomit as 6 I prefer to be able to chose to play the parts that I like.
#7Goldsickle(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2013 9:29:32 PM
dragon7x2k posted...
If the game has as many parts that make me want to vomit as 6 I prefer to be able to chose to play the parts that I like.

One of the patches allows you to select specific segments within a chapter.

For example, you can skip the stupid prologue section of Leon Chapter 1 (where everything's slowed down on purpose and sprinting is disabled) and go straight to next portion, where you need to escape the campus.
---
#8dragon7x2kPosted 6/6/2013 9:40:26 PM
Yeah, but I was playing Chri's chapter 3-3 for the event and, man, for a sub-chapter it is full of of annoying parts to me. Changing the gameplay so often for some minigames without depth and options is something I really don't appreciate. Sometimes it felt like freaking battletoads, very strict and not fun at all the jet was the only forced thing that I enjoyed.

I played the full campaign just once so I don't remember well, is there any chapter that's mostly clean of those changes of gameplay? I think Jake's chapter 3 was okay outside of the dumb running towards the screen escaping from a tank.
#9parkourboybryanPosted 6/7/2013 5:36:32 AM
I chose option one, I'm glad they went back to that in Revelations, even if it was mixed with a chapter based system.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#10DaikinbakujuPosted 6/7/2013 6:02:20 AM
Choice number 2, y u no get votes?