[POLL] Saving The Game

#51Goldsickle(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 6:50:11 AM
Back from my trip to Japan.

I guess Ink Ribbons still don't get much love?
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#52so_realPosted 8/20/2013 5:23:08 PM
The issue of finite saves & no checkpoints vs. unlimited saves w/checkpoints can easily be solved with a system similar to RE3; upon choosing an easier difficulty you start with an unlimited use "save item" and checkpoints. But for those who want more challenge, you can turn off checkpoints and turn the save item into something the player collects over the course of the game. The higher the difficulty the less frequent the item.
#53Goldsickle(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 5:48:58 PM
so_real posted...
The issue of finite saves & no checkpoints vs. unlimited saves w/checkpoints can easily be solved with a system similar to RE3; upon choosing an easier difficulty you start with an unlimited use "save item" and checkpoints. But for those who want more challenge, you can turn off checkpoints and turn the save item into something the player collects over the course of the game. The higher the difficulty the less frequent the item.

I'm more into a system where a bunch of conveniences are provided but you get a higher score by not depending on them.
---
#54so_realPosted 8/20/2013 6:20:44 PM
Goldsickle posted...
so_real posted...

I'm more into a system where a bunch of conveniences are provided but you get a higher score by not depending on them.

There's no reason RE can't reintegrate that type of grading system from its previous games in conjunction with what I proposed.
#55Goldsickle(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 9:50:49 PM
so_real posted...
There's no reason RE can't reintegrate that type of grading system from its previous games in conjunction with what I proposed.

I just think the need to carry an "Infinite Ink Ribbon" is unnecessary.

Just make it so you can save immediately when interacting with the typewriter.
---
#56aj4x94Posted 8/23/2013 4:44:03 AM
RE4 style: typewriter you can use as many times as you please. I've never been a big fan of autosave to be honest unless it was at the very start of a level. Quicksaves are so much better.
---
Playing: The Last of Us, System Shock 2, Splinter Cell Trilogy, Siren Blood Curse, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Blacklist
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#57so_realPosted 8/24/2013 8:06:08 AM
Goldsickle posted...
so_real posted...

I just think the need to carry an "Infinite Ink Ribbon" is unnecessary.

Just make it so you can save immediately when interacting with the typewriter.

Why not bring back item chests and leave them in there? Inventory management was a key component of the series.
#58Goldsickle(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 10:16:01 AM
so_real posted...
Why not bring back item chests and leave them in there?

Indifferent to whether they wanna bring it back or not.

There should be a more logical item management, where a key-card doesn't take as much space as a shotgun.
---
#59so_realPosted 8/24/2013 8:48:12 PM(edited)
Goldsickle posted...
so_real posted...
Why not bring back item chests and leave them in there?

Indifferent to whether they wanna bring it back or not.

There should be a more logical item management, where a key-card doesn't take as much space as a shotgun.

I concur, and I prefer RE4's answer for item management as it was a good one; why they abandoned it so quickly I'll never know.