Catacomb Expertise almost complete :-D

#1DanielSpace79Posted 6/5/2013 8:33:20 AM(edited)
Some shameless plugging- I posted a video of my Catacombs merc play a few weeks ago when we were able to get 1.48k without the strelats.

Partner and I confirmed you are able to get to 1.5 without bringing the Strelats. We've tried once with the Strelats and were able to hold all 3, but we both lost too much time and ended up with just a little above 1.5. Yesterday we tried a run without the strelats again and had about 24 minutes, but both Lepos died early, so only got 1.47m.

I wanted to learn the harder route, so I've taught myself how to hold Lepos, and have gotten pretty good at it- am glad to offer some tips and tricks if anyone wants help as I imagine most people are just as terrified of Lepos as I was the first few times I played CT. I have a little more work to do, but will post once I can do a match holding both lepos to the end, or aim for 20 minutes with all 3.

The 1.5 without strelats with me on LB route- was very proud of my partner, highest ranked Carla on the leaderboards and number 30-something (without the hackers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZngVxT7r8c

My first run holding Lepos (no strelats): We had some medium lag, so didn't even try to counter the lepo at the end, but otherwise not a bad run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yIH-rZETIc
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/DanielPSpace79
PSN: TheWorstType RE6 Mercs
#2DanielSpace79(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2013 12:02:22 PM
Open mouth- insert foot. Between a few of us constant players, we constantly make reference to the 'Mercs curse' where you can kick butt and take names one day- and if you beat any of your scores, then you are guaranteed to be abysmal the next time you play.

Yesterday started with RM and took the Napad route. I was so off my game and twice actually died from the Napad/Dog maneuver (This is when a dog is charging right at you, while the napad begins winding up his arm, and you are counting on invincibility frames and then he just completely stops or veers off in another direction and you get the full 4-5 blocks of damage)

Went to MtD, which in addition to Catacombs are my best maps as I know both routes on them very well- and couldn't do diddly. From 1-80, I played great but kept seeing my partner struggle, then we'd have the reverse and he held the combo while I was chain grabbed by dogs. So even our best run had only 21:20 or so.

Gave up on that and played a little Javo maps with a new player- figured not having to boss hold would make the stage easier, but no- combo dropped at 110 in HSF because he was put into dying and on my way to revive him, I got grabbed. We both survived and finished the match, but sigh.

Finally went to CT as it's my strongest map- and total fails every time. Mad props to my partner for being so patient. 1-65 of that map is really just a waiting game for the Lepo to start, and twice we got to 125 with the strelats. And one time he killed me after a mistimed counter locked me in double acid pool, and then in the other he shot the needles as I was about to counter a bloodshot. I missed the counter and got grabbed and the combo dropped in the interim.

Hopefully 'the curse' is over today and I can go back to doing well!
---
#3UnfoolishPosted 6/7/2013 1:11:32 PM
I got grabbed today by Lepotista at 118, my partner was in the hallways so I was like this is over...then I successfully input the correct QTE so I was free! Then I finished her off at 150th with the hand grenade into CDG while my partner babysit the first Lepotista.

Catacombs was good today for me.

Tried Liquid Fire today, unlocked the Napad...combo dropped at 99-104 every single damn time because there were no enemies in sight. We gave up, it sucked. I can only assume you must kill enemies very slowly, next time I will be ready.

Liquid Fire made me salty today.

Then I go to High Seas Fortress, yay...no problems. Easy ;)

*rants about Liquid Fire*
#4DanielSpace79(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2013 1:19:42 PM
Unfoolish posted...
I got grabbed today by Lepotista at 118, my partner was in the hallways so I was like this is over...then I successfully input the correct QTE so I was free! Then I finished her off at 150th with the hand grenade into CDG while my partner babysit the first Lepotista.

Tried Liquid Fire today, unlocked the Napad...combo dropped at 99-104 every single damn time because there were no enemies in sight. We gave up, it sucked. I can only assume you must kill enemies very slowly, next time I will be ready.

Hey-why haven't we played yet! When I suggested a few months go, you only liked doing solo.

Add me so you can help introduce me to te love of javo maps and I can hold Lepos for you.

And wait a minute- are you saying you split the Lepos?? And each of you holds one????
---
#5UnfoolishPosted 6/7/2013 2:15:16 PM
DanielSpace79 posted...
Unfoolish posted...

Hey-why haven't we played yet! When I suggested a few months go, you only liked doing solo.

Add me so you can help introduce me to te love of javo maps and I can hold Lepos for you.

And wait a minute- are you saying you split the Lepos?? And each of you holds one????

I call this The Mercenaries Player's Diary lmao

I play on XBox mainly, online is better. Little on PSN, lag reasons though I could use a boost in my scores there compared to XBox....on XBox you place higher :p smaller community lol

Yes XD. My regular partner in crime and I split the Lepotistas when we play Catacombs, lead the first into the hallways then babysit the second that arrives at 116 mark. Strelat makes it difficult to build time especially 20 quickshots take away time...actually I am more peaceful not unlocking that annoying pest..lower score so be it lmao.

J'avo maps are great except for LF haha... Setting up counters on J'avos is challenging especially trying to work fast as some take forever to strike just standing around laughing...or you can set up CDG to make it quick. Finding ways to build time on certain J'avos without number killing with no time gained. Making mutation decisions since mutated J'avos worth more points.

Don't get me wrong, it feels wonderful killing a zombie with Power Counter equipped in a one hit kill counter attack. It feels repetitive knowing how to counter grabbers, swingers with ease. Actually Mining Depths is what I call counter heaven. Against J'avos since there are so many types, you gotta learn set ups, how much ammo to use before initial counter attack, patience, time efficiency within 15 seconds between combos, how to earn time from certain mutated enemies, are you going to force mutate this J'avo, use male backward elbow for CDG, use female backward kick on the popping J'avo. J'avo maps seem more in depth involving various strategies resulting in multiple outcomes of scoring like holding bosses in difficult maps RfW, RY, LF, CW or to strategically built time on HSF only 1 boss hold. It's more challenging.

But again I know players who like these maps and some who like zombies, different preferences....basically force me to be versatile across all maps. I still am working on characters...just some characters require so much work...Default Piers...Default Leon...Sherry...
#6icantseePosted 6/7/2013 2:16:35 PM
For me it's pretty rare to get a good run. Maybe 8% of the time I'll be able to finish with 150 combo on UC, but I'll end up killing the Napad accidentally before 150 kills. It's only like 3% of the time, I'll be able to combo 150 w/ Napad as the last kill.

And one good run rarely carries over. It used to be after a good run that I would think that I finally arrived as a good player, or that I broke through some barrier, and that this was my new baseline in terms of skill and technique. But then I would play the next day and I would totally suck and wonder how I even managed to play so well the day before.
---
RE5, 3DS, RE6 Mercs fan
#7DanielSpace79(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2013 2:38:58 PM
Unfoolish posted...
DanielSpace79 posted...
Unfoolish posted...

I call this The Mercenaries Player's Diary lmao

I play on XBox mainly, online is better. Little on PSN, lag reasons though I could use a boost in my scores there compared to XBox....on XBox you place higher :p smaller community lol

Yes XD. My regular partner in crime and I split the Lepotistas when we play Catacombs, lead the first into the hallways then babysit the second that arrives at 116 mark. Strelat makes it difficult to build time especially 20 quickshots take away time...actually I am more peaceful not unlocking that annoying pest..lower score so be it lmao.

J'avo maps are great except for LF haha... Setting up counters on J'avos is challenging especially trying to work fast as some take forever to strike just standing around laughing...or you can set up CDG to make it quick. Finding ways to build time on certain J'avos without number killing with no time gained. Making mutation decisions since mutated J'avos worth more points.

Don't get me wrong, it feels wonderful killing a zombie with Power Counter equipped in a one hit kill counter attack. It feels repetitive knowing how to counter grabbers, swingers with ease. Actually Mining Depths is what I call counter heaven. Against J'avos since there are so many types, you gotta learn set ups, how much ammo to use before initial counter attack, patience, time efficiency within 15 seconds between combos, how to earn time from certain mutated enemies, are you going to force mutate this J'avo, use male backward elbow for CDG, use female backward kick on the popping J'avo. J'avo maps seem more in depth involving various strategies resulting in multiple outcomes of scoring like holding bosses in difficult maps RfW, RY, LF, CW or to strategically built time on HSF only 1 boss hold. It's more challenging.

But again I know players who like these maps and some who like zombies, different preferences....basically force me to be versatile across all maps. I still am working on characters...just some characters require so much work...Default Piers...Default Leon...Sherry...

Hmm-- curious strategy to hold both Lepos, really never even thought of it- doubles the risk but also halves the risk at the same time I suppose.

Add me- I'll gladly help you boost your PSN Scores :-D- TheWorstType
---
#8DanielSpace79(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2013 2:41:55 PM
icantsee posted...
For me it's pretty rare to get a good run. Maybe 8% of the time I'll be able to finish with 150 combo on UC, but I'll end up killing the Napad accidentally before 150 kills. It's only like 3% of the time, I'll be able to combo 150 w/ Napad as the last kill.

And one good run rarely carries over. It used to be after a good run that I would think that I finally arrived as a good player, or that I broke through some barrier, and that this was my new baseline in terms of skill and technique. But then I would play the next day and I would totally suck and wonder how I even managed to play so well the day before.

Dude- I totally 100% hear that. I remember the first time I got the 150+ Napad in January I thought to myself "wow- I'm like a master at this game now'- and started offering to help others hold the combo w Napad as well, and could NEVER do it. Even after months of playing I was helping out someone a bit novice yesterday- he killed the Napad the moment it spawned, so UC got 50% easier, and even then we dropped the combo at 90. 2 days ago doing a few UC Runs and the Napad actually killed me twice- so no matter how good you are, I think it's human error- plus double that since no matter how good you are, you are ultimately bound to your partner.

You should also add me so we can play together!
---
#9DanielSpace79(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2013 10:01:09 AM
Ha- the curse is DEFINITELY real- yesterday did amazing, beat out my old score in UC for a 1428, had a few runs in MtD of 1431 and then did CT- my partner and I were on total fire. I tried a new route with the Strelats holding and we ended with 18:40 on the clock and with a new score of 1514, number 30 or so on the leaderboards- would've been higher but one of his lepos died at like 131. Tried it again and got 19 minutes on the clock, but there was a small miscommunication lol, at 148 he used the command 'follow my lead' so I was thinking he was trying to save 'Move In' and his finger slipped while countering a lepo, I only had one enemy, an acid zombie that was still spawning from the grate, and the combo was blinking, so I used the rocket launcher on him and at the exact same time saw we get a 20+ bonus from him countering a Lepo. Problem is, he was trying to tell me to wait since the OTHER lepo was still alive and well. Sigh. Ended up with a 1.428 or something on that one.
---
#10UnfoolishPosted 6/8/2013 12:17:33 PM
June 8, 2013

Played Liquid Fire today, still failing at the 99-104 mark where there is no enemy in sight. Killed the Neo-Umbrella J'avos slowly but it still tanked. Oh well. I did notice 3 Mesets on each of the towers and even Flash Grenade can't reach that high... such a poorly designed map and on top of that Rasklapanje was stalking us the entire time and it does not combo while babysit Napad.

Played with my partner...after the failed run on LF. We went to the Catacombs, babysit 2 Lepotistas on polar opposites of the map. It went well, no Strelat unlocked.

Partner had to leave so I played with randoms in the lobby, selected High Seas Fortress and got a few players a perfect 150 combo chain that previous had 200-400K score range. It was fun because they killed the pesky Gnezdo themselves. I just let it roam since I do not know whether their intention is to save it for last or not. My favorite map...played it until I got tired.

Then I hopped on Revalations Raid Mode to exterminate oozes >:D