RE6 The Mercenaries Tier List (Updated)

#51Black_LilianaPosted 6/18/2013 4:44:12 AM
I admit, I tl;dr, but Sherry has "weak counters"? I was under the impression she did the same damage at everyone else, can you provide some numbers?
#52DanielSpace79Posted 6/18/2013 6:24:20 AM
Numbers are tough as it somewhat depends on map. Sherry and Leon have the weakest counters (character specific- 1 handed) in the game. It will never one hit kill a punch zombie and will only one hit kill grab zombies on certain maps and only at the right angle.

That said- I wouldn't necessarily call it the 'worst' counter since it dramatically reduces she and Leon's hitbox by going down so low, it builds distance from the attack to prevent zombie trolling of starting an attack animation as you are countering so you get hit immediately after recovering and it's safe from lantern zombies.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/DanielPSpace79
PSN: TheWorstType RE6 Mercs
#53Black_LilianaPosted 6/18/2013 9:13:17 PM
That's exactly what I thought, her counter isn't weaker than anyone else's...
#54DanielSpace79Posted 6/19/2013 5:54:58 AM
Black_Liliana posted...
That's exactly what I thought, her counter isn't weaker than anyone else's...

Well...technically it is.
---
#55DanielSpace79Posted 6/19/2013 7:30:28 AM
Sorry- couldn't edit the above.

It's hard to say since there isn't a damage meter to so speak, so I'm not really 100% sure if it's based on the strength of the counter vs the 'energy' of the zombie.

In Catacombs for instance, Chris and ChrisEx will one hit ko every zombie. Most are grabbers, but there is a fair number of punchers. Sherry and Leon will not one hit kill punchers with their natual one armed counter, nor will they kill lantern zombies. Chris and ChrisEx are naturally the best built for this map, Sherry is one of the worst (SherryEx and Leon can equip a 2 handed weapon for the punchers)

In MtD, Sherry and Leon will one hit kill a majority of the zombies since they are grabbers, but it has to be done at the right angle, unlike Chris, ChrisEx, Carla, Ada and AdaEx. In this map, Leon and Sherry can actually do really well- SherryEx and LeonEX are at a bit of a disadvantage, especially LeonEX since he needs to find a grenade or remote bomb, where as SherryEx has one. Jake is the worst on this map

In RM, there are a fair number of grabbers, but it's still a lot of punchers, so Leon and Sherry lose again in terms of natural counter ability against Chris, ChrisEx, Jake, Helena, Piers and Agent who can each one-hit kill punching zombies naturally. HelenaEx and AdaEx are the worst on this map, not because of their counter-skills (or lack thereof) but rather their handicapped lack of loadout to take on the many bosses (6 Whoppers, 3 Ubis, Napad), unlike Sherry, SherryEx, Leon and LeonEx.

UC - Sherry is the worst character for this map since nearly every zombie is a puncher and she doesn't have a 2 handed weapon. The Triple-shot is very useful for the 'shoot and counter' maneuever but compared to every other character on the roster she is the lowest tier in the map.
---
#56DarkkefkaFFXPosted 6/19/2013 9:30:24 AM
Yeah..as a default Sherry user, I HATE Zombies that punch. Sometimes I set them use for CDG instead. It's easy to do thanks to her melee kick.

By the way, I'm not the best player, but here's my Sherry Run for the RM Dominator event which ranks 31 and in the top 200 overall..for now......
I'm pleased with my score... 1.349

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hk8nyy0iVo&feature=youtu.be
---
FFX NSGNZ Dark Aeons (Anima left)
Pokemon D/P Friends Codes: 0216 3888 1669
#57Black_LilianaPosted 6/19/2013 11:37:06 AM
Mhmm. It isn't weaker than anyone elses. It's just situational, really.
#58Unfoolish(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 12:57:34 PM
DanielSpace79 posted...
HelenaEx and AdaEx are the worst on this map, not because of their counter-skills (or lack thereof) but rather their handicapped lack of loadout to take on the many bosses (6 Whoppers, 3 Ubis, Napad), unlike Sherry, SherryEx, Leon and LeonEx.

Ada EX1 is not the worst in RM. Helena EX1 I agree with and also Default Helena. With Ada EX1 she comes with 3 Hand Grenades and 2 Flash Grenades plus 1 Flash Grenade, 1 Hand Grenade and a Remote Bomb on the map on top of picking up another Remote Bomb/Flash Grenade depends if you eliminate Ubitsvo early. That gives Ada EX1 4 Hand Grenades and 3 Flash Grenades and 1 Remote Bomb at the start.

Against Ubitsvo Ada EX1 can throw a Flash Grenade to prevent it from moving so rapid weapon switch with her Sniper Rifle then about quarter of her MP-AF takes it out. Against the Whopper, 1 Hand Grenade then 2 Sniper Rifle shots takes it down or 1 Sniper Rifle shot then CDG for +7 seconds. Then if you come across the Whopper Supreme and standard Whopper, you can slide the Remote Bomb to take out those two instantly. Grenade counter will kill grabbing zombies and Sniper Rifle counter will kill swinging zombies. Napad = issue still, assuming that you did not damage to it at all upon holding but if you did then no problem.

With Helena EX1 she has no stopping power to prevent the Whoppers and Ubitsvo from charging, pretty critical if you want to hold multiple bosses or even the Napad who is at risk taking collateral damage on site. What worked against Ubitsvo is throw 1 Incendiary Grenade then unload most of Ammo Box 50 clip. Against Whoppers her weapons alone can't stop it from charging so holding on to the 1 Remote Bomb/1 Hand Grenade is a decision at will. Helena EX1 Ammo Box 50 counter will kill grabbing zombies at certain angles then her Sniper Rifle will kill swinging zombies. Default Helena has Acid Rounds to prevent the Whopper from attacking but it does not work well against Ubitsvo and her Hydra is not powerful to take it down fast especially it's more effective up close, not zoning distance. Picador counter is good against grabbers and GL counter works against swingers.

How does Leon EX1 thrive exactly on RM? GL Nitrogen Rounds don't stop Whoppers and Ubitsvo. One of the problems I come across is that he picks up far too much Sniper Rifle ammo, moreso than Assault Rifle ammo. GL works on the Napad. I will say his grenade counter works on grabbers and his SR/GL counter works on swingers, his AR works on firemen/BSAA for CDG spinning set ups. I can only assume that you use his AR unload the entire clip on the Whoppers and Ubitsvo as in the same power as the BC minus Explosive Rounds with Sherry EX1?
#59Unfoolish(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 1:11:26 PM
Black_Liliana posted...
Mhmm. It isn't weaker than anyone elses. It's just situational, really.

It only applies on J'avo maps where everyone has to either counter then melee the J'avo or shoot chucking bullets at the J'avo then counter. All characters are good on the J'avo maps except maybe Default Chris due to endurance reasons.

Sherry on zombie maps is a problem. Default Sherry can 1 hand counter grabbing zombies on MtD. Sherry EX1 can not but she can counter swinging zombies with her BC or Assault Shotgun. Sherry can not counter lantern zombies in Catacombs with 1 hit kills. Both Sherry types have boss killing weapons with offsets her weak counters on those maps. Default Leon has the same problems as Sherry in regards to counters but 1 exception is he (Leon EX1) can grenade counter lantern zombies without taking damage. Sherry in this game is similar to RE5 Reunion where Rebecca is loaded with weapons, ammo and healing items but her melee is weak in power. Sherry is good in every department except counters which is her only flaw (moreso not efficient 1 hit kill counters building time but in the aspect she prevents collateral damage with such a weak counter), all her other good traits makes her viable far as strong weapons, frequent ammo pick ups, best quickshot in the game, tons of healing items for endurance, good melee speed compared to slow ones like Chris/Piers. She is good but not the best universally.
#60DanielSpace79Posted 6/19/2013 1:30:46 PM
Unfoolish posted...
DanielSpace79 posted...
HelenaEx and AdaEx are the worst on this map, not because of their counter-skills (or lack thereof) but rather their handicapped lack of loadout to take on the many bosses (6 Whoppers, 3 Ubis, Napad), unlike Sherry, SherryEx, Leon and LeonEx.

Ada EX1 is not the worst in RM. Helena EX1 I agree with and also Default Helena. With Ada EX1 she comes with 3 Hand Grenades and 2 Flash Grenades plus 1 Flash Grenade, 1 Hand Grenade and a Remote Bomb on the map on top of picking up another Remote Bomb/Flash Grenade depends if you eliminate Ubitsvo early. That gives Ada EX1 4 Hand Grenades and 3 Flash Grenades and 1 Remote Bomb at the start.

Against Ubitsvo Ada EX1 can throw a Flash Grenade to prevent it from moving so rapid weapon switch with her Sniper Rifle then about quarter of her MP-AF takes it out. Against the Whopper, 1 Hand Grenade then 2 Sniper Rifle shots takes it down or 1 Sniper Rifle shot then CDG for +7 seconds. Then if you come across the Whopper Supreme and standard Whopper, you can slide the Remote Bomb to take out those two instantly. Grenade counter will kill grabbing zombies and Sniper Rifle counter will kill swinging zombies. Napad = issue still, assuming that you did not damage to it at all upon holding but if you did then no problem.

With Helena EX1 she has no stopping power to prevent the Whoppers and Ubitsvo from charging, pretty critical if you want to hold multiple bosses or even the Napad who is at risk taking collateral damage on site. What worked against Ubitsvo is throw 1 Incendiary Grenade then unload most of Ammo Box 50 clip. Against Whoppers her weapons alone can't stop it from charging so holding on to the 1 Remote Bomb/1 Hand Grenade is a decision at will. Helena EX1 Ammo Box 50 counter will kill grabbing zombies at certain angles then her Sniper Rifle will kill swinging zombies. Default Helena has Acid Rounds to prevent the Whopper from attacking but it does not work well against Ubitsvo and her Hydra is not powerful to take it down fast especially it's more effective up close, not zoning distance. Picador counter is good against grabbers and GL counter works against swingers.

How does Leon EX1 thrive exactly on RM? GL Nitrogen Rounds don't stop Whoppers and Ubitsvo. One of the problems I come across is that he picks up far too much Sniper Rifle ammo, moreso than Assault Rifle ammo. GL works on the Napad. I will say his grenade counter works on grabbers and his SR/GL counter works on swingers, his AR works on firemen/BSAA for CDG spinning set ups. I can only assume that you use his AR unload the entire clip on the Whoppers and Ubitsvo as in the same power as the BC minus Explosive Rounds with Sherry EX1?

Are you sure? I could've sworn she started with 2HGs? She can handle one or two of the bosses on her own, yes, but if you do a solo run, she is going to struggle- esp if you aren't holding Ubis and holding Napad. Like we talked about in another thread, she has no easy reliable way to deal with the Napad as most of her overpowered tools are grenades which risk killing other zombies. A smart player CAN do it, but I think she is at a distinct disadvantage as compared to other characters. You are right with Helena default as part of that list, Acid Rounds do stop both Napad and Whopper, but when it gets to the end, her dinky-balls Hydra isn't going to be effective on either the Ubis or the Napad.

For LeonEx- it's really about the AR. It can kill Whoppers, Ubis, and Napads if he's used grenade or R Bomb, doing 3 reload cancles of rifle, then burst of AR typically downs a boss and he's set up for punch counters. He's like a better AdaEx if looking at bullet weapons alone.
---