My Resident Evil 6 Review (Why RE6 isn't good) *spoilers*

#1Soar_and_KeyPosted 6/14/2013 5:14:07 PM
All right, so I know I'm a little late to the party, but I've finally gotten the time to review this game in the way that I wanted to. What you're about to witness does contain spoilers. All in all, this is an in-depth look and review of why I think Resident Evil 6 sucks, why it's the worst in the series, and why the RE series is dead for the most part ( and no I haven't played Revelations just yet). enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkEs8-_xT3U

Aside from my attempts at trying to be funny, it's a pretty serious review detailing some of the flaws of this game. And there was a lot more I wanted to cover, but I couldn't for the sake of time.

And I know it seems like I'm just bashing the game a lot in the review, which I do admit to, but I also admit to forgetting to praise its good parts

-Tight controls, though I do make the point that it does feel generic like other third person shooters and such. But it's good for what it's worth.
-The graphics are top notch though not as good as RE5
-Leon's campaign is fun and the other ones can be to the first time around but they just lose their value after a while.

Aside from that, the details are in the video when you watch. I hope I don't honestly end up hurting anyone's feelings, more often than naught, I'm just being ridiculous and joking but I do believe RE6 is pretty...blehh..if you disagree with me feel free to post in the comments or reply here or what have you, so long as you're not totally flaming at me, intellectual discussion about this game is appreciated. Thanks guys.
---
My username is short for, "Hey Sora, soar up into the air and use the Keyblade!"
#2IlDankoPosted 6/14/2013 6:06:03 PM
"Leon's campaign is fun"

Yup.. After reading this i already knew i couldn't take the review seriously..
---
If I was perfect then this would be easy, either road's plausible, on both i can drown...
PSN: Dan21993
#3SCCAN85Posted 6/14/2013 9:11:08 PM
Leon's campaign is by far the best one lol, don't know what you are talking about.

For campaigns it was Leon >> Chris >>>>>> Jake >>>>>>>>>>>> Ada

Not that I think the game was amazing, but it was fun, especially playing co-op, but seemed like a great game on the drawing board that never manifested into its potential. I'd give it a 7.3/10
---
PSN: Canqb5
Currently Playing:SSF4, DJ Hero, GTA4, WKC, Buzz Quiz World & a bunch more
#4Soar_and_Key(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 11:27:16 PM
Well hey, Leon's campaign IS actually pretty decent when compared to the crap that the other ones are.
---
My username is short for, "Hey Sora, soar up into the air and use the Keyblade!"
#5IlDankoPosted 6/14/2013 11:38:48 PM
Soar_and_Key posted...
Well hey, Leon's campaign IS actually pretty decent when compared to the crap that the other ones are.

Sure... Only the tall oaks part... Once you touch the cathedral it becomes a qte festival (and a really boring one)
---
If I was perfect then this would be easy, either road's plausible, on both i can drown...
PSN: Dan21993
#6YermomHoudiniPosted 6/14/2013 11:51:14 PM
leon's campaign chapter 1-1 is the worst part in the entire game.
---
Injustice 2 - MORE flooding Batman cast among playables
Toy Story 4 trailer, best movie 2015? youtu.be/PGuTN_ilmEk
#7edward18Posted 6/14/2013 11:52:55 PM
I'm back from work.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#8Dark__ThronePosted 6/15/2013 1:30:04 AM
I watched your video review and I honestly agree with everything you said.

Another problem I found are the controls. I hate how your character zips around awkwardly when you're running around. I found the tank controls from RE5 and RE4 to be much more "tighter" and accurate.

Not to mention the skill system is flat out boring and there's absolutely no reason to equip anything that isn't the firepower and melee boost and defense boost.

And I think Jake Muller is the crappiest Resident Evil character introduced into the series.

Not to mention the QTEs suck ass. It's stupid how failing a QTE literally puts you right back at the beginning of the QTE. Like trying to grab the parachute in Jake's campaign. It's just not real challenge and it's annoying. I have no idea why game developers keep on forcing the QTEs in their games.
#9gmoshierPosted 6/15/2013 4:07:14 AM
You are entitled to your opinion and I disagree with your review. Do I like RE 6? Yes. Does RE 6 have some annoying flaws? It sure does. I personally liked Leon's campaign the best. I also enjoyed Ada's and Jake's campaigns as well. Chris's campaign was pretty bad and it should have been left out entirely. RE 6's story was actually pretty good and it made sense. The story for RE: Revelations was hard to follow and wasn't really that good. However, RE: Revelations is more survival horror and I enjoyed it more in that respect. The things that annoyed me the most about RE 6 was its duck and cover system, which was extremely bad. This game also has way too many QTE's but they were later on patched. And finally, Chris's campaign was just terrible at times because it had way too many over the top action sequences. Go and play RE: Revelations if you want a Resident Evil game that goes back to its survival horror roots. Or you can always buy The Last of Us because this game is scary and it also has survival horror elements.
---
Must buy Saints Row IV, Beyond: Two Souls, & Batman: Arkham Origins!
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/7/gmoshier.png
#10DarkD3stinyPosted 6/15/2013 5:31:46 AM
I stopped reading after you said re6 is the worst in the series, I can't take people seriously after saying that.
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if its all worth fighting for ... for a future without XBOne ... yeah, its worth it. (Chris Redfield).