My Resident Evil 6 Review (Why RE6 isn't good) *spoilers*

#11SunburstPosted 6/15/2013 4:35:02 AM
Nice review. I agree with most points. Hopefully RE7 will be better. It can't really get much worse.
---
There can be only one.
#12Soar_and_Key(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 11:46:26 AM
gmoshier posted...
You are entitled to your opinion and I disagree with your review. Do I like RE 6? Yes. Does RE 6 have some annoying flaws? It sure does. I personally liked Leon's campaign the best. I also enjoyed Ada's and Jake's campaigns as well. Chris's campaign was pretty bad and it should have been left out entirely. RE 6's story was actually pretty good and it made sense. The story for RE: Revelations was hard to follow and wasn't really that good. However, RE: Revelations is more survival horror and I enjoyed it more in that respect. The things that annoyed me the most about RE 6 was its duck and cover system, which was extremely bad. This game also has way too many QTE's but they were later on patched. And finally, Chris's campaign was just terrible at times because it had way too many over the top action sequences. Go and play RE: Revelations if you want a Resident Evil game that goes back to its survival horror roots. Or you can always buy The Last of Us because this game is scary and it also has survival horror elements.

I do have to agree with some of your points, you make a good argument. I'm eventually gonna get revelations, and for sure The Last of Us.
---
My username is short for, "Hey Sora, soar up into the air and use the Keyblade!"
#13gmoshierPosted 6/15/2013 12:53:43 PM
Soar_and_Key posted...
I do have to agree with some of your points, you make a good argument. I'm eventually gonna get revelations, and for sure The Last of Us.

We're all entitled to our own opinions and I respect yours as well. The Last of Us has been amazing so far and I highly recommend this game over RE: Revelations if you only have enough money for one of them. However, I like them both but TLOU is better than RE: Revelations so far.
---
Must buy Saints Row IV, Beyond: Two Souls, & Batman: Arkham Origins!
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/7/gmoshier.png
#14Soar_and_Key(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 5:07:19 PM
All righty then, sounds good. And as for everyone else who enjoyed the review and agreed with me, I really hope RE7 will be better as well.

Either they stop making new REs and just reboot it, or they make entirely new story/characters in RE7.
---
My username is short for, "Hey Sora, soar up into the air and use the Keyblade!"
#15jjp7123Posted 6/16/2013 5:22:50 PM
Sunburst posted...
Nice review. I agree with most points. Hopefully RE7 will be better. It can't really get much worse.

Actually, it could. If they added regenerating health. I'm surprised they didn't. >_>; I'm not saying I wanted them to.
#16lopy81Posted 6/23/2013 7:32:40 AM
gmoshier posted...
You are entitled to your opinion and I disagree with your review. Do I like RE 6? Yes. Does RE 6 have some annoying flaws? It sure does. I personally liked Leon's campaign the best. I also enjoyed Ada's and Jake's campaigns as well. Chris's campaign was pretty bad and it should have been left out entirely. RE 6's story was actually pretty good and it made sense. The story for RE: Revelations was hard to follow and wasn't really that good. However, RE: Revelations is more survival horror and I enjoyed it more in that respect. The things that annoyed me the most about RE 6 was its duck and cover system, which was extremely bad. This game also has way too many QTE's but they were later on patched. And finally, Chris's campaign was just terrible at times because it had way too many over the top action sequences. Go and play RE: Revelations if you want a Resident Evil game that goes back to its survival horror roots. Or you can always buy The Last of Us because this game is scary and it also has survival horror elements.

Story? Good? Lol. its right up there with the plot to bubble bobble .
---
---
Psn : sd070109
#17vanessa_gamerPosted 6/23/2013 11:50:17 AM
lopy81 posted...
Story? Good? Lol. its right up there with the plot to bubble bobble.

I thought the story was good. Don't play this game or leave this board if you dislike RE6. Your "bubble bobble" statement makes no sense btw and that's what I lol'd at!