Resident Evil fan since the beginning, is this worth $17?

#1HellJumper_SKPosted 6/15/2013 10:51:28 AM
Its on sale with PS+, Resident Evil 4 was one of my all time favorite games, I thought 5 was decent.
---
PSN: HellJumper_SK
Now Playing: Halo 4, Assassins Creed 3, NHL 13
#2YermomHoudiniPosted 6/15/2013 10:56:13 AM
the physical copy is 20 bucks.
---
Injustice 2 - MORE flooding Batman cast among playables
Toy Story 4 trailer, best movie 2015? youtu.be/PGuTN_ilmEk
#3Cartwheel_KickPosted 6/15/2013 12:42:19 PM
This is RE5, upgraded, but minus a few little things like weapons upgrading/stash inventory. If you liked 5 you will probably like this
#4Great_Pudding_3Posted 6/15/2013 2:36:49 PM
I've been around since the beginning as well. I can't vouch for the whole game but I really enjoyed Leon's campaign (the only one I beat so far).

It was a nice mix of new and old.
---
PSN / NNID: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#5TurduckenPosted 6/15/2013 3:08:33 PM
Eh. There are worse ways to waste 17 bucks, I guess.
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#6XxGreyFoxXPosted 6/15/2013 4:36:55 PM
Hands down the best action oriented resident evil ever made. Not only that, but it's got the best story.
Excellent game if you ask me :)
#7skermacPosted 6/15/2013 4:45:13 PM
It was wortjh the $60 I paid plus extra for dlc.

But if you want it cheaper than $17 go to Ebay.
#8jjp7123Posted 6/16/2013 6:35:31 AM
Honestly, I don't recommend it. IMO, it's a slightly below average video game, because of various flaws that the game contains. The game has been completely stripped of it's survival horror atmosphere and is full of action scenes and broken combat mechanics. The camera and cover system is awful at times, making it a step back in terms of survival horror and shooting games. The story is decent, but very mixed up, which complicates things and the way the characters act and react during cutscenes is uncomfortable sometimes. This game also has possibly some of the most Quick Time Events in this current generation of gaming, so if you hate Quick Time Events, you will HATE this game(personally, I don't hate them, neither do I love them. Well, it depends really, if the game does it right like God Hand or Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance). Chris's Campaign feels out of place, since it gives you a Call of Duty/Gears of War feeling. The game even has Invisible Walls. That's Right: Invisible Walls in a 7th Gen. video game. The game is too easy as well. RE6 on Professional mode= RE4 on Easy/Normal mode. Though, IMO, the worst part of RE6 is the music. It has some of the most uninspired, bland, generic, forgettable music I've heard in a long time. Sounds like something you hear off an action movie. Seriously, I've heard "Otaku" games with a better, more inspired, soundtrack. There are a few songs that stand out like the Mercenaries mode theme, but not much. If you're a die hard fan, you'll most likely think this is a disgrace to the franchise, like RE:ORC. IMO, you should spend that money on RE: Revelations if you haven't bought it yet or save it up for Shinki Mikami's "The Evil Within" coming out next year. Then again, there are a handful of fans who loved it, so if you can get past the fact that it's not survival horror, you might be able to enjoy it.
#9NoHopeLegendPosted 6/16/2013 6:46:29 AM
@jjp7123

Think you're in the wrong forum buddy. This forum is for the Modern types of RE players. The Classics are on another page. Your only wasting words here.

:)
#10lopy81Posted 6/16/2013 6:58:59 AM
XxGreyFoxX posted...
Hands down the best action oriented resident evil ever made. Not only that, but it's got the best story.
Excellent game if you ask me :)

LOL best story. Worst plot since.. Well .. Ever!
---
---
Psn : sd070109