I guess Leon and the gov really don't give a rats ass about Sherry (spoilers)

#21MrSiter1Posted 6/17/2013 2:14:08 PM
Damn. I've always thought that bringing Claire back to the series was completely unnecessary, but now that I think about it, RE6 was the perfect time to put her back. If she searched for Sherry and Chris when they went missing, maybe we wouldn't have these "plotholes."
#22sevil_yelimsPosted 6/17/2013 3:07:56 PM(edited)
It was a missed opportunity. But in all fairness, they already had four full campaigns to work with. The problem with Claire is that she's connected to Chris, Leon and Sherry so unless she had a campaign herself she would need to be bundled with one of them thereby replacing a new character introduced in the series.

And you can't exactly write off Helena, Jake or Piers since they were the heart, soul and importance of each campaign they were in.

Ada's campaign was just 'Separate Ways 2' fitted for RE6's plot.

If you were going to fit Claire in I would have said DLC would be the way to go, but something tells me they might opt for RE7 instead. Either way I fear for the day when Alyson Court is replaced as the iconic voice of Claire. She's one of the few protagonists that has kept her role, and the rising need to use facial and body mocap means that unless they bring it to Canada or have Alyson come to the US then she will be replaced like Ada, Wesker and the rest. So maybe it is best that she's not used as often.
---
I want it all.
#23MrSiter1Posted 6/17/2013 4:19:16 PM
To be honest if they excluded Claire from RE6, then I doubt she'd be making any more appearances in the main games (though it's not impossible) so I doubt she's going to be in RE7. And you're right about Claire not fitting in with any of the campaigns, but maybe a DLC would've been fine, because I doubt she just sat there the whole time and prayed that Chris would be found. I mean, c'mon, Claire spent two whole games searching for Chris before, and she didn't give up looking for him even when she witnessed a zombie apocalypse. Surely she did some searching to find Chris.
#24sevil_yelimsPosted 6/17/2013 4:34:21 PM
Capcom acknowledged the fan outcry for Jill and Claire's absence in RE6 which tells me either one is a prime candidate for RE7 should they choose not to go the reboot route. RE6 had Chris and Leon so a game with either Claire and/or Jill seems inevitable.

Alyson Court even thought she thought she was done as Claire after Code Veronica when her and Chris reunited. Yet she came back for Degeneration, Darkside Chronicles, Mercenaries 3D and Operation: Raccoon City. One a movie original, one an arcade rail shooter, a Mercenaries add-on, and the latter being a non-canon spin off. So there are ways for Claire to come back in the games. As far as the main series is concerned she always is at the wrong place at the wrong time so her position at Terasave could lead her to outbreak disasters.

Personally though I think it would benefit Capcom to devote some time to respectable female player characters instead of continuing this recent pace of male dominated leads.
---
I want it all.
#25SSJ_Jin(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 9:24:52 AM
Oh, Mr. Smiley. And here I thought you had me blocked.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#26tevin1569Posted 6/18/2013 12:42:59 PM
Sherry is not helpless, she can take care of herself. Like she did through her whole campaign. And Re6 has the best characters in the series, U actually felt connected to them. Yeah..plot hole but whatever. Still a great game.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
"I came to win"-Fly
#27kakarotozeroPosted 6/18/2013 12:50:15 PM
bad writing
---
PSN account - JOSERICOSUAVE21
#28TurduckenPosted 6/18/2013 1:31:30 PM
And Re6 has the best characters in the series, U actually felt connected to them.

???
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#29sevil_yelimsPosted 6/18/2013 2:14:03 PM
SSJ_Jin posted...
Oh, Mr. Smiley. And here I thought you had me blocked.

Why?
---
I want it all.
#30AndyDonoPosted 6/18/2013 8:08:31 PM
tevin1569 posted...
And Re6 has the best characters in the series, U actually felt connected to them.

Don't actually want to sound like a jerk, but who might this be...?
---
I`m neither an ally of yours nor a tool of those police who think themselves men of justice. I live as I think is right. -Saeba Ryo (City Hunter)