Favorite enemy in RE6? (spoilers)

#1sevil_yelimsPosted 6/17/2013 3:59:59 PM
One positive I will give about RE6 happens to be the enemies. RE4 will go on to be one of the best games in the series for breaking traditional expectations and giving us a unique look at monsters outside those of any past game. And since then the later games have tried to follow in taking inspiration from those enemies by giving us original creatures like the Ooze.

For example we have chainsaw enemies with each game. Some that don't necessarily have a chainsaw like the ones in Revelations and RE6 yet are a convenient mutation that gives them an organic one (wrap your head around that one).

RE6 in a nutshell is a compromise to cater to every fan they've created with their titles. It serves to combine the old with the new. So do the new enemies like the J'avo serve to your liking, or maybe you favor the return of zombies?

How about the boss battles? Are you a fan of Ustanak (who looks to be inspired by the Nemesis among other stalker enemies) or do you prefer that of Simmons who (like Birikin) always had a mutation to follow each encounter?

My personal favorite goes to Deborah Harper who served to become one of the only memorable moments for me in this game. The tragic story of being used as a bargaining chip to persuade Helena to go against her Government was effective on its own. Story and character wise, the Harper sisters have had a harsh life. Losing their parents and Deborah being in a domestic relationship to the point where her sister nearly loses her job over shooting her boyfriend. That the terrorist group responsible Planned on killing Deborah regardless was bad; but instead infecting her with the C-virus was a much worse fate than anyone could have realized.

Helena has a moment of happiness in thinking she managed to save her sister when she went to the cathedral. Only to watch as her sister burst into flames and was encased in a chrysalid. What emerged looked like her sister, but it was no longer her. This infected monster fight felt literally like a roller coaster ride with how the boss battle was designed. Fighting her in the underground caverns with the rocks caving in. Trying to escape an elaborate rail system with her aboard using her mutated appendages to lunge at you. And to top it off this is the first B.O.W. that displays any sort of carnal satisfaction in her new form which is unique to the series.

I don't believe that she's entirely dead either. Falling into shadow doesn't guarantee death as we've seen from examples such as Lisa Trevor as a B.O.W. and Ada Wong as a human. If inclined, she could very well be written to have survived and continue lurking in the caverns. Since the C-virus is a regenerating, constantly evolving virus I would love to see another game with Helena and Deborah in the future even though it's looking highly unlikely.
---
I want it all.
#2FearOfTheLightPosted 6/17/2013 4:31:08 PM
There is one s.o.b that I loath now and crapped my pants when introduced with first.

The Bloodshot.

I don't know how Capcom managed it, but everything about these 'zombies' practically scream: 'you're going to be mauled & torn apart by a feral skinless freak. Points for the way they've been designed, the way they behave and the way you encounter them.

Add to the fact, that you're in a damn Cemetery at night and the music score that seemed fitting......and you've just earned yourself a free heart-attack.
---
---
"When I'm walking a dark road, I am a man who walks alone" - Iron Maiden
#3IlDankoPosted 6/17/2013 4:38:43 PM
I don't believe that she's entirely dead either. Falling into shadow doesn't guarantee death as we've seen from examples such as Lisa Trevor as a B.O.W. and Ada Wong as a human.

And Jill and Wesker...

Deborah's transformation is really a big plot hole.. For what we know she was infected with a normal strain of the C-Virus, without any enhancements or anything.. So why would she suffer this unique mutation??

On topic, i guess my favorite Enemy might be HAOS... i mean, that thing was actually a global threat and was the only creature able to break the plot armor of a main character...
---
If I was perfect then this would be easy, either road's plausible, on both i can drown...
PSN: Dan21993
#4tombrady3to1Posted 6/17/2013 5:12:05 PM
My favorite is always a plain ol' zombie.
#5White_QueenPosted 6/17/2013 6:17:41 PM
Whoppers <3333.
#6sevil_yelims(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 6:20:49 PM
IlDanko posted...
I don't believe that she's entirely dead either. Falling into shadow doesn't guarantee death as we've seen from examples such as Lisa Trevor as a B.O.W. and Ada Wong as a human.

And Jill and Wesker...

Deborah's transformation is really a big plot hole.. For what we know she was infected with a normal strain of the C-Virus, without any enhancements or anything.. So why would she suffer this unique mutation??

Yeah, add Jill and Wesker to the list. More I think about it the more I'm certain Deborah is alive. If Leon and Helena could make it out of the caverns unharmed after the decimation of 'Tall Oaks' then some B.O.W.s can too.

We don't have any confirmation that she was injected with a normal strain though. She doesn't turn into a J'avo before going through the chrysalid stage nor does she immediately enter the chrysalid stage like others that have been injected. The C-virus has varied versions that perform differently on a host. Those in the chrysalids can emerge as different enemy types yet her mutation is different from the rest we see. Like Carla, Piers and Simmons, she remains unique in her transformation which leads me to think either an enhanced sample was used, or Deborah had an extremely rare bond with the virus.

Simmons wanted to shoot her, but someone within 'The Family' had other twisted intentions as the RE.Net files explain:

---
We've been ordered to kill Deborah as soon as Helena leaves. They'll both be dead eventually anyway, so doing so would speed up the process. But it would be such a waste to kill her. I can't help but think about her soft skin and shapely body. She's just my type.

She's a little beaten up, but she'd make a wonderful subject for our experiments. I think I'll keep her around and see how she takes to the C-Virus.

---
We've been ordered to dispose of Deborah now that the plan has succeeded. But some of us wanted to see what the C-Virus would do to her healthy body, so we injected her. She was just going to be killed and thrown away anyway, so we didn't see any problems with it.

Some were excited and had high hopes for her mutation, but there were no visible effects even an hour after injection. Unfortunately, we need to hurry and evacuate Tall Oaks. In just a few hours it's going to be a giant ball of fire. We're going to have to leave Deborah in the lower levels, though it's too bad that we won't be able to see how she turns out.

---
I want it all.
#7sbn4Posted 6/17/2013 9:46:01 PM
^ That's pretty cool actually. Is there a place where you can get all of these kinds of files in one place, or are the all on RE.net?
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#8sevil_yelims(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 10:28:31 PM
They are extensions of the files in RE6. Exclusive to RE.Net unfortunately.
---
I want it all.
#9jpv2000Posted 6/18/2013 8:12:19 AM
Napads. I love playing Chris's campaign with ice grenades and freezing, then melee to destroy them.
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
#10good_tobiPosted 6/18/2013 11:03:35 AM
White_Queen posted...
Whoppers <3333.

---
Don't need sharingan to see this.