What I want from RE7 *RE6 spoilers*

#1NoHopeLegendPosted 6/19/2013 3:30:59 AM
First, I need to start with...

Third-Person Shooter & Co-op Vs. Tank & Camera Cuts

No doubt that RE6 has the best controls of any RE game to date. However it is to be noted that the new controls allow too much free movement for it to be labed Survivor Horror. We all want the horror back, but it will never truely return as long as these new controls and co-op exist. It also would be heart-breaking if co-op suddenly didn't exst anymore since it brought a lot of us fans together. We also know that capcom has gained a habit of changing the controls in every single game. So we really don't know what to expect in this department, nor should we expect anything.

The next posts contain some of the things i would like to see in the next RE game...
#2NoHopeLegend(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 3:31:23 AM
CAMPAIGN and GENERAL
- A brand new character cast. Need a break from the originals (Chris, Leon, etc) for a bit. Also, it's too predictable at this point knowing that they'll always survive every single game, causing story villians to no longer be feared, making the game boring.
- Prior to the statement above, the main protagonist(s) cannot be B.S.A.A. It's okay if they're involved in the story, but I don't want the center of attention being around them. Give someone else camera time!
- 1 or multiple campaigns can be included, it doesn't matter. I'm fine with both ideas.
- No "Previously on RE7" scenes like they did on Revelations!!!
- Chapter select becoming an unlockable feature, for those who cleared the game once.
- The hardest difficultys in the game still being named Professional and No Hope. Those names have stuck. (screw Inferno!)
- QTEs
- More hazardous environments! - Regular enemies can instant-death you by knocking you off a cliff, or knocing you into lava, etc, if stunned. They never attempt it on Amateur difficulty.
- Enemies drop ammo (if co-op is included)
- Ammo is shared again like RE5, but you cannot equip it (lol).
- Infinite ammo unlockable
- Infinite rocket launcher unlockable

STORY
- BRAND NEW Main Protagonists for story to center around.
- If B.S.A.A. is in the game: The B.S.A.A. headquarters itself suffering a bio-terrorist attack. Always wondered what their headquarters looked like. Gives us an excuse to go there now.
- Return of Steve Burnside, Piers Nivans, or Carla as main Antagonist.
- Return of Carlos
- Return of Jill (blonde hair), simply because nobody knows what happened to her.
- Return of Leon only as a side character to wrap up his love story with Ada. (It can be a happy ending or bad ending, doesn't matter as long as it isn't left haging again like it was in RE6)
- Return of Ada for reason above.
- Return of Jessica Sherawat
- Ada Vs. Jessica (with no real conclusion)

EXTRA CONTENT
- 4 player Mercenaries.
- Agent Hunt [[without the First Aid farming!!!]] (sure the mode itself is bad but still is handy to play as the enemy every now and then)
- Another 4-player co-op mode of some kind.
- Versus mode (6 Players): Survivors
- A mode up to 4 players where you can continuously fight enemies until death. The amount of players determines how many enemies are put on the field & how strong they are. Goes up to 100 waves on each map.

MERCS MAPS [[Weather - Time of Day]]

- Dark forest [[Clear - Night]]
- Swamp (water makes it difficult to see enemy if knocked down!) [[Cloudy - Afternoon]]
- Rocky mountain [[Small or Medium Fog - Afternoon]]
- Abandoned villa (with a fenced backyard to explore) [[Cloudy - Afternoon]]
- Snowy mountain with enterable cabin [[Light Snow - Morning]
- B.S.A.A HQ [[Sunny - Dawn]]
- Burning city (a city that was hit by a BOW attack, let capcom design it) [[Cloudy - Night]]
- The Pier (fighting at the docks. Has 3 enterable sheds on the coastline, a motor boat on the waters to jump on, and a moble home boat that's enterable) [[Cloudy - Afternoon]]
- Hell (exclusive to mercs only. Playing field located underground, and is on brimstone. Also has a few lava pits here & there) [[N/A]]

I'm sure they'll come up with more maps, but it's a start.

ENEMIES
- Majini/J'avos (if co-op is included)
- Hunters
- Lickers
- Chainsaw
- Blowtorch (picture a Gatling Gun Gynados or Gatling Gun Majini with a Flamethrower)
- The fusion of Regenerator and Rasklapanje.
- Final boss not having 2 zillian forms like Simmons did.
- New enemies
#3ManuMIASPosted 6/19/2013 3:50:52 AM
quite decent but why you added QTEs in the list?
#4NoHopeLegend(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 4:41:10 AM
ManuMIAS posted...
quite decent but why you added QTEs in the list?

It helps keep ya on edge, and works in both the Survival-Horror genre and the Third-Person shooter genre.
#5Syn_VengeancePosted 6/19/2013 11:44:09 AM
your villians i disagree with, steve isnt coming back at this point, especially since wesker had him and is now dead.

piers was infected and killed by the explosions and water pressure. even if he did survive, by now he would just be a mindless infected.

I thought carla was the worst part about RE6, especially since ada is over used. pre RE6 ada was cool and then we had 2 boring versions of her in 6. plus carla was frozen and blown to pieces so i doubt she is coming back. not to mention if they did, the story would end up an RE6 clone.
---
This is war, Survival is your responsibility.
#6ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 6/19/2013 12:48:07 PM
In the case of RE7, the least it has in common with RE6, the better. I would definitely prefer something more similar to Revelations.
#7IlDankoPosted 6/19/2013 1:59:14 PM
I like the BSAA headquarters idea, but if you want that, then it is obligatory to have chris even as an npc .... Maybe you take the role of the chubby soldier that appears in chris' ending in RE6 xD

Make the ada vs jessica into a jill vs jessica, or even better make it a three way battle between them.

Piers is dead, steve is unlikely to return... And carla became that sludge and fused herself with the carrier. So unless the game is set in a coast, we won't be seeing her again..
---
If I was perfect then this would be easy, either road's plausible, on both i can drown...
PSN: Dan21993
#8NoHopeLegend(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 12:01:27 AM
@Syn_Vengeance & IlDanko

It isn't beneth Capcom to randomly bring characters back. If they did it with Wesker then they can do it again. Piers, Steve, and Carla can easily be brought back through reanimation and cloning; though Piers yes would technically be the most difficult to make villian since he began to go insane...... - hmmm, maybe not difficult afterall!
:P
#9dodgekk9Posted 6/20/2013 10:21:48 AM
Mercs stages from previous games that uses the mechanics in RE7 (hopefully they keep RE6 counter mechanics) for Mercenaries, and other game modes

Major/popular characters from previous games that didn't appear in RE7's story for bonus games such as Mercs. Major/popular characters may include Jill, Wesker, Ada, Leon, and Chris.
---
youtube.com/platinumphalanges - My Youtube channel for RE 6 Mercenaries/ COD BlackOps2
I HATE the new GameFAQs layout
#10siberian142Posted 6/20/2013 2:46:56 PM
Syn_Vengeance posted...
your villians i disagree with, steve isnt coming back at this point, especially since wesker had him and is now dead.

piers was infected and killed by the explosions and water pressure. even if he did survive, by now he would just be a mindless infected.

I thought carla was the worst part about RE6, especially since ada is over used. pre RE6 ada was cool and then we had 2 boring versions of her in 6. plus carla was frozen and blown to pieces so i doubt she is coming back. not to mention if they did, the story would end up an RE6 clone.

This. If Capcom is going to reuse villains, they should be alive at the end of the game. It's when characters can be flippantly brought back to life that the stories start to go even more downhill.

Piers was a plot device. His purpose was to bring Chris back onto the straight and narrow. When he was no longer needed, he was offed. The C-virus cannot regenerate infinitely. Simmons had to resort to absorbing zombies to keep it up. Piers being repeatedly crushed by water pressure, being drowned and being in the vicinity of a bunch of explosions would have used up his regenerative abilities quickly. Bringing him back as a villain would also go against why he allowed himself to die. He'd be a mindless monster.

I liked Carla, but she was Excella 2.0. She served her purpose and would only come back as a mindless monster, if she's still alive. Her face seemed like her core, so freezing and shattering it likely killed her for good.

Resolving the story with Ada and Leon in a game they're side characters in for the sake of finishing it would be lame.