Why would you want to go back to classic RE...

#1ZeeDoggePosted 6/19/2013 1:08:34 PM
If we have State of Decay style now?
---
lol assault rifles are machine guns.... d'oh! :P btw so are submgs and anything that has automatic fire.
~squiggy9996999
#2IlDankoPosted 6/19/2013 2:08:01 PM
Shooting seems pretty uncomfortable
---
If I was perfect then this would be easy, either road's plausible, on both i can drown...
PSN: Dan21993
#3ZeeDogge(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 2:22:29 PM
IlDanko posted...

RE6 controls with SoD open world survival. Hell, you could have military open world survival for a Chris campaign. There is no reason to go back to classic RE now that SoD has come out
---
lol assault rifles are machine guns.... d'oh! :P btw so are submgs and anything that has automatic fire.
~squiggy9996999
#4IlDankoPosted 6/19/2013 2:58:02 PM(edited)
ZeeDogge posted...
IlDanko posted...

RE6 controls with SoD open world survival. Hell, you could have military open world survival for a Chris campaign. There is no reason to go back to classic RE now that SoD has come out

Now that sounds pretty good, although i would prefer revelations gameplay system
---
If I was perfect then this would be easy, either road's plausible, on both i can drown...
PSN: Dan21993
#5ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 6/19/2013 3:47:46 PM
IlDanko posted...
ZeeDogge posted...
IlDanko posted...

Now that sounds pretty good, although i would prefer revelations gameplay system

I also think that RE7 should stick closer to Revelations.
#6ZeeDogge(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 4:23:07 PM
ZGMF_600_Guaiz posted...
IlDanko posted...
ZeeDogge posted...
IlDanko posted...

I also think that RE7 should stick closer to Revelations.

I don't. The counter mechanic is a mess compared to RE6 rolling, and a lot of RE6's mechanics are much more conductive to maneuvering around enemies instead of engaging them
---
~squiggy9996999
#7sbn4Posted 6/19/2013 4:29:58 PM
Been thinking about getting SoD lately. I'm not sure if its worth the time though. It seems good, but I'm not sure if its something I want to invest my time into.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#8ZeeDogge(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 4:37:57 PM
sbn4 posted...
Been thinking about getting SoD lately. I'm not sure if its worth the time though. It seems good, but I'm not sure if its something I want to invest my time into.

It's absolutely addicting. It has the item management of classic RE's without all the terrible metroidvania/backtracking because it is open world, and it has decent action and tactics. For example, you could curse at the zombies inside a house to lure them out, then run them over with a car. Or set off some firecrackers to distract a group and slip by. Or run away from a group and barricade yourself in a house
---
~squiggy9996999
#9SolidStryderPosted 6/19/2013 4:51:08 PM
There was a thread a while back about RE7, I actually thought it would be pretty cool to have an open world situation featuring no-names trying to survive an outbreak in addition to a focused campaign starring series regulars. That might be a bit ambitious though, since I doubt Capcom will be spending another billion dollars on one game.
#10ZeeDogge(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 5:41:28 PM
SolidStryder posted...
There was a thread a while back about RE7, I actually thought it would be pretty cool to have an open world situation featuring no-names trying to survive an outbreak in addition to a focused campaign starring series regulars. That might be a bit ambitious though, since I doubt Capcom will be spending another billion dollars on one game.

Undead Labs did it
---
~squiggy9996999